EVGA

EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
sliptap
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 16:01:26 (permalink)
You keep ranting on that EVGA is breaking their contract...where did you get that idea lol?

Here are a few points listed directly on their step up website...stop ignoring the "fine print":

• "Due to limited quantities, only select cards are available via Step-Up. Cards not on the list will not be available to Step-Up to."

• "EVGA reserves the right to change the terms of the Step-Up program at any time without notice."

• "Products can be removed from or added to Step-Up availability at any time."

• "Products made available for EVGA Step-Up are of limited availability and will be distributed on a first-come first-serve basis."

Nowhere does the fine print say they have to cater to your needs. If you don't like THEIR terms, don't use THEIR program. They don't owe you anything.

rdarrylr
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 16:09:41 (permalink)
Of course..

but since you have under 50 posts on this forum some people don't think your opinion matters.
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 16:17:42 (permalink)
rdarrylr
Of course..

but since you have under 50 posts on this forum some people don't think your opinion matters.

all posts matter.....unless you are just playing the general forum games, then all bets are off!   lol

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 16:50:14 (permalink)
sliptap
You keep ranting on that EVGA is breaking their contract...where did you get that idea lol?

Here are a few points listed directly on their step up website...stop ignoring the "fine print":

• "Due to limited quantities, only select cards are available via Step-Up. Cards not on the list will not be available to Step-Up to."

• "EVGA reserves the right to change the terms of the Step-Up program at any time without notice."

• "Products made available for EVGA Step-Up are of limited availability and will be distributed on a first-come first-serve basis."

Nowhere does the fine print say they have to cater to your needs. If you don't like THEIR terms, don't use THEIR program. They don't owe you anything.

Au contraire mon fraire, EVGA does owe me and anyone that purchases a EVGA video car from a EVGA Authorized Retailer. EVGA owes us a path to Step-Up our video card (as long as that card isn't the top tier card). As of right now EVGA has left a lot of people with a ZERO path Step-Up and we are talking with a normal pc case.
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 16:53:07 (permalink)
rdarrylr
Of course..

Where are you getting this idea from? Did someone hurt you because of your low post count? Point in this list of threads to the post that hurt you.

https://forums.evga.com/
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 23:10:58 (permalink)
rdarrylr
Of course..

We care. We are all in this together.             

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
BornAgain
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/28 00:14:53 (permalink)
kram36
sliptap

Au contraire mon fraire, EVGA does owe me and anyone that purchases a EVGA video car from a EVGA Authorized Retailer. EVGA owes us a path to Step-Up our video card (as long as that card isn't the top tier card). As of right now EVGA has left a lot of people with a ZERO path Step-Up and we are talking with a normal pc case.

Here's the thing though. They ARE offering you a path. Just because your case can't fit the card doesn't mean they aren't offering a path. I know cases can be small, a friend of mine is having the same issue. But we are all just trying to let you know that EVGA is giving everyone a path to a 3080 card. If you choose not to take it because it doesn't fit your case, then that's your choice. But you can get a 3080 from the program, there is a direct path to getting one. If you dont use it and sell it instead, then again thats youre choice.
thexbitterxendx
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/28 02:36:59 (permalink)
Post like these irk me, they give you the best they have to offer and yet you bite the hand that feeds you. They're the only company in the game with the Step up service. If you don't like it I hate to say it but I'm sorry. I'm very thankful that it was the FTW3 I did'nt want anything less else I would of been selling my card for a FTW3 or possibly 3090 with the marked up prices. Like another commenter said just upgrade your case and be happy.

sliptap
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/28 06:29:01 (permalink)
kram36
 (as long as that card isn't the top tier card)

Again - point to EVGA verbiage where they say this. EVGA never said this and their "fine print" (which I posted earlier) says the exact opposite. They can basically offer whatever card they want (or decided tomorrow to not offer any cards and end the program).

You're using mental gymnastics lol. You AREN'T entitled to whatever you deem best for YOUR needs. You ARE entitled to whatever card THEY are WILLING to offer.
danap611
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/28 14:09:37 (permalink)
mindsage25
If I was EVGA I'd pull this program. Sounds like way more hassle then what its worth for the money.

This is absolutely *not* the solution.  Ignore the occasional whiner and continue doing that which separates you from the pack customer service-wise.  This is one of the many reasons I am EVGA for life, and I know I am not alone.
thexbitterxendx
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/28 14:55:32 (permalink)
aamike68
imagine being so butt hurt because they are offering the best card available lol. They dont owe you anything dude, you sound like an extremely entitled brat. people have offered solutions to your problem and yet you still complain. you say A LOT of people are pissed? I would say the MAJORITY are HAPPY the FTW3 ultra is available for step up. 

I was excited af for the FTW3 step up card. Was the card I had in my crosshairs! Thank you EVGA for not being cheap with the step ups! This is why I've been a loyal customer for over 15 years!

thexbitterxendx
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/28 14:58:04 (permalink)
People that are dropping money on a 3080 still complaining like they can't afford a new case. Get real if you can't afford a new case that cost 100-150, but dropping 800+ on a new gpu. Sounds like kids with their priorities all wrong honestly.

Juicer-19
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/28 15:04:02 (permalink)
Too much bro. Too much. 
Here are your options. 
1. Whine endlessly. 
2. Buy a new case.
3. Buy the card you want.
4. Get the 3080 FTW3 and sell it online and use that money to buy a new card. 

3 of those things solve your issue. 
bridley
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/28 19:51:34 (permalink)
I bought an O11 Dynamic (not XL) for my new build before the card sizes came out.  It is going to be my 2nd custom water cooled loop (hard tubing).  It isn't as easy as just moving from one case to another for some of us, and it isn't like the O11 Dynamic is a SFF case either.  I've already ran the tubes for everything except for the GPU.  Wanted to do a distro plate this time around which is why I went with the O11 Dynamic.

I appreciate the step-up program.  It has historically offered the lower tier cards, not the FTW editions.  That is the "annoying" part for me.  I'll still gladly step up to a FTW3 3080, sell it, then wait who knows how long for an XC3 that will actually fit in my case though.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for people who think it is just moving to a "new" or "better" case.
MattyKHZ
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 10:21:54 (permalink)
Imagine if the xc3 was too big.  Then what?
skreacher
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 11:06:12 (permalink)
bridley
I bought an O11 Dynamic (not XL) for my new build before the card sizes came out.  It is going to be my 2nd custom water cooled loop (hard tubing).  It isn't as easy as just moving from one case to another for some of us, and it isn't like the O11 Dynamic is a SFF case either.  I've already ran the tubes for everything except for the GPU.  Wanted to do a distro plate this time around which is why I went with the O11 Dynamic.

I appreciate the step-up program.  It has historically offered the lower tier cards, not the FTW editions.  That is the "annoying" part for me.  I'll still gladly step up to a FTW3 3080, sell it, then wait who knows how long for an XC3 that will actually fit in my case though.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for people who think it is just moving to a "new" or "better" case.

you are doing a custom loop, grab a vertical mount bracket and use a FTW3, you'll get better performance due to beefed up VRMs.. tubing is cheap, and i mean.. you got time right? still waiting on the card. I recommend the phantek mount for the 011 dynamic mount vs the lian-li one.. LL one is too low and bottom fans will not fit.

This here is a case using the phantek mount - https://pcpartpicker.com/b/JkMZxr

This is one using the lian-li mount i believe (you can tell cause it anchors itself at the bottom of the case vs on the back brackets.

post edited by skreacher - 2020/09/29 11:13:39

"Fear the Fantastic"
crazyrob
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 11:31:53 (permalink)
bridley

Just FYI, you are aware Lian-Li has a vertical gpu mounting kit for your case?  That should let you fit larger gpu's like the FTW3 without issue.  (I've done this in my 011 Dynamic)
spectheintro
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 12:17:11 (permalink)
kram36

Yes we get a 90 day Step-Up period if the product is purchased from an EVGA Authorized Retailer. Why wait? Why not get EVGA to do the right thing now for their customers? There is no reason to not have a XC3 model in Step-Up, except for EVGA to make more money by not offering them and only the highest priced 3080 and 3090 they sell. I see you're new and you have not gone through the cycles of Step-Up in the past. What EVGA is doing right now is not the norm nor is it what EVGA states in the Step-Up program. It's generally the bottom tier card of that series EVGA offers in Step-Up and people ask for EVGA to add the higher tier models. EVGA is doing it completely backwards this time. I'm glad they are offering the FTW3 Ultra in Step-Up, but they should also be offering the standard XC3 model too as it's compatible with all standard cases. What would I actually love for EVGA to offer? The XC3 3080 Hydro Copper, that would be perfect for me, but not everyone, just as the FTW3 gives a ZERO Step-Up path to me and a lot of people.

If this is of no issue to you, then stay out of it. I'm not asking EVGA to take away the FTW3 Ultra, I'm asking them to honor their Step-Up program to people that cant use the FTW3 Ultra and add the XC3 model.

Dude, you don't have a leg to stand on. Literally, your entire position is flawed.

EVGA offers Step-Up as a courtesy to its customers. It is not a guaranteed service because you did not pay for it explicitly: it is included as a courtesy as part of the authorized retail purchase of any of their GPUs. You bought and received exactly what you paid for: an EVGA 2080 Super Hydro Copper. You own that product. You have warranty on that product. That product functions as expected (if not, you have several ways to remedy.) Their contract with you is fulfilled.

The Step-Up Program is an added bonus that they offer, with very specific limitations. They outline those limitations explicitly in the terms of the Step-Up Program. They have never represented the program as anything other than a way for new GPU owners to "step up" to a higher-tier GPU within 90 days of purchase, with the explicit disclaimer that the cards offered for Step Up are subject to EVGA's discretion. Full-stop.

Further, they are offering you a valid upgrade path, you just refuse to see it. Your individual case selection does not matter, and it is patently absurd that you think it should. Each GPU has system requirements, which includes the physical dimensions of the card. Someone stepping up to this card, that currently owns a 450W PSU, faces the exact same problem you do: their current system configuration does not support the exchanged card. That's not EVGA's problem, that's the client's problem: you purchased an EVGA 2080 Super Hydro Copper and you got that card. You are free to cancel your Step Up and return your 2080 Super Hydro Copper, and purchase a 3080 XC3 or any other 3080 model that will fit your specific configuration. At no point throughout this entire process will EVGA have violated their contract with you or otherwise infringed upon your rights as a consumer. They do not have to provide a Step Up card that caters to your specific use case. I can't custom rig a case out of an old Nintendo Entertainment System, and then get mad that they don't offer a customized PCB that will fit into it. Hell, EVGA doesn't even have to provide the Step Up Program! All of your assertions about violated contracts and poor customer service are laughably outlandish.

I can understand your frustration that you cannot Step Up to the exact card you want. And I can even understand your frustration that EVGA hasn't given a clear reason as to why they don't offer any model but the FTW3 Ultra Gaming as the Step-Up model. But you lose all credibility when you take it to this sort of extreme.
post edited by spectheintro - 2020/09/29 17:50:30
bridley
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 14:30:23 (permalink)
For everyone recommending the vertical mount so the FTW3 will fit, thank you.  I am aware of it, but also plan on getting a capture card and possibly a discrete sound card so I'll need to keep things old school to keep those other PCI slots available.

Like I said, it's an annoyance doing the dance...but it is an annoyance I will gladly deal with.  I don't even know of another company that offers something like the step up program.  I just wanted to point out that SFFPC's aren't the only cases that won't be able to fit these cards.  The O11 is an insanely popular case, and it is far from tiny.  Thought pointing that out might help keep the peace a little in here.
brandonwsaw
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 14:31:08 (permalink)
For me, the issue was more that we had been repeatedly told by EVGA moderators to expect the base model card. I'm not sure what EVGA gains from keeping the step up model secret until the step up date.

And yeah while I don't personally feel as vehemently towards EVGA over this, this thread certainly brought more attention to this problem than my more level-headed attempt:  
MDkoA
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 14:39:59 (permalink)
skreacher
bridley

you are doing a custom loop, grab a vertical mount bracket and use a FTW3, you'll get better performance due to beefed up VRMs.. tubing is cheap, and i mean.. you got time right? still waiting on the card. I recommend the phantek mount for the 011 dynamic mount vs the lian-li one.. LL one is too low and bottom fans will not fit.

This here is a case using the phantek mount - 

This is one using the lian-li mount i believe (you can tell cause it anchors itself at the bottom of the case vs on the back brackets.

Interesting that you are mentioning a Lian Li case in your post. I just purchased a Lian Li II Mesh with the purpose of being able to upgrade my 2070 Super to the 3080 FTW3. Now I am a bit concerned the 3080 FTW3 won't fit traditionally in the case when I am able to step up to it. 
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 14:41:42 (permalink)
brandonwsaw
For me, the issue was more that we had been repeatedly told by EVGA moderators to expect the base model card. I'm not sure what EVGA gains from keeping the step up model secret until the step up date.

And yeah while I don't personally feel as vehemently towards EVGA over this, this thread certainly brought more attention to this problem than my more level-headed attempt:  

It's based upon availability.   Moderators have no idea how many will be received.  Above your our pay grade. It' not a secret.  

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
bridley
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 14:48:14 (permalink)
MDkoA
skreacher
bridley

Interesting that you are mentioning a Lian Li case in your post. I just purchased a Lian Li II Mesh with the purpose of being able to upgrade my 2070 Super to the 3080 FTW3. Now I am a bit concerned the 3080 FTW3 won't fit traditionally in the case when I am able to step up to it. 

You shouldn't have any issues at all.  The O11 Dynamic has less space for the height of the GPU than the Lancool II Mesh will.  You'll have around 20mm more space.
thejoker_0606
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 14:53:53 (permalink)
MDkoA
skreacher
bridley

I have a Lancool II Mesh and a 3090 FTW3 Ultra, plenty of room. So you are good.
MDkoA
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 15:00:11 (permalink)
thejoker_0606
MDkoA
skreacher
bridley

I have a Lancool II Mesh and a 3090 FTW3 Ultra, plenty of room. So you are good.

Thanks, Homie! much <3
themartian86
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/29 16:25:21 (permalink)
While I agree the start of this thread was a bit much. First we should all be grateful evga has the is program. I think we all want to upgrade by time Q4 games came out. I also assume some step up folks hoped to buy 20 series to ride out the fall if needed while in queue for the step-up upgrade. 

However I do agree overall that it unfortunate that evga is unable follow its normal listed standard of listing the stock version of the card. It would be nice to have it available even if the wait was longer to get. I mentioned in the similar thread how I have a large enough case however i value my slots and space in all directions (mostly HxW). I do more than game and surf on my computers and actual tend to install multiple pci cards in my boxes. The FTW is basically a 3 slot card, that requires 3 PCIE power connections, and the protrudes out from the side more than normal. I mean I've been build rigs for a long time (first gaming card was single slot agp card lol). I don't mind the length that cards have gotten to but width and height wise I wish cards would go back to being plan old 2 slot cards. Its funny CPU have gotten more powerful ever year but have never really required bigger mother boards and crazy large cooling.

Bottom line I like others would like to see the xc3 card listed as well. I have an awesome case but I value my space and PCIe power more than a minor bump in performance. Since my step-up card was purchased around launch I'm debate retuning my card instead. Basically I not interested to wait up to 90 days to see if they add the card. Then still possible have to a card I don't want  to then sell and buy some other card. Id rather just buy what I want the first time or just be in queue for the card I prefer.  Which is why this launch is so terrible as no one can get what they want any time soon it seems. Assuming i go ahead with my return not sure what the best action is after that however. Really all I can do is buy card from any vendor (evga preferred) that has 2 slot card if I'm lucky to beat a bots or the horde. Otherwise consider getting the AMD card when they come out (rather not) . Or third have just run old card until next year which was not really the plan at all but that's this whole year.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile