EVGA

EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/25 18:03:19 (permalink)
Now it seems like we may have a bigger issue with the FTW3 cards. Not sure if you all have heard about the RTX 3080 cards crashing to the desktop? Well here is a thread about it.

https://forums.evga.com/RTX-3080-Crash-to-Desktop-Problems-m3092922.aspx

Here is a video about the issue.

The RTX 3080 FTW3 uses all POS caps, that = bad.

The RTX 3080 XC3 uses only 5 POS caps, that = not as bad.

dylanwachman
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/25 18:24:37 (permalink)
Hm, I saw this video earlier... Not sure why the more expensive model would have cheaper components. Here's hoping that any potential issues get resolved in the coming months.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/25 18:29:22 (permalink)
UPDATE: Jacob addressed this issue 7 min after I made the post about this issue. He says none of the production cards were shipped with all POS caps, but some reviewers did receive cards with all POS caps. Like Steve at Gamers Nexus did.

https://forums.evga.com/M...-POSCAPs-m3095238.aspx

post edited by kram36 - 2020/09/25 18:39:46
tayback longleg
  • Total Posts : 55
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/25 20:00:36 (permalink)
dalgrim
I love the irony of a bunch of sub 50 post users telling a near 17,000 post user he's wrong.
I completely agree with the OP, You don't advertise an sell a product with a promise of ANYTHING (step-up included) and then not honor that promise.
You can argue "entitlement" until you're blue in the face but the facts are a promise was made, and that promise is not being honored.
As a business owner myself I think evga has really dropped the ball on this. They had a chance to be a bright spot in this crapshow of a 30xx launch. It looks like they just decided to fall in with the crowd though.

Bro, in the Step-Up FAQ it literally says step up to certain cards is based upon inventory. It never once says you can pick a specific card or what card to expect. It does mention that *usually* it is non-custom cards.

EVGA continues to fulfill their *promise* of allowing customers to upgrade if a new component releases within 90 days of purchase.

If anyone is unsatisfied with the terms of the step-up program, and chooses to not take their business to EVGA anymore due to the fine print, then that's entirely their right. But to whine and moan about breaking promises (that were never made) is just...bad form. If I'm wrong, please point me to the promise they made so I can grab my pitchfork.

References from step up FAQ follow:

"What kind of product will I get?
All Step-Up replacements are new. There are limitations to what products are available to Step-Up TO, these are listed below.
Step-Up products are considered a special new product, warranty will start from the shipping date of your new product from EVGA Step-Up."

and

"Step-Up Inventory - What can I Step-Up to?
EVGA maintains a list of current graphics cards as well as motherboards available to Step-Up to. Products listed are mostly stock (not factory overclocked, or water cooled) due to stock limitations."
Zeegoo
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/25 20:12:16 (permalink)
It's weird, as I was reading this post all I could hear was a baby crying.

"Unacceptable," "get it fixed," I hope they lose you as a customer. I think it would be a win for EVGA. All this because you are getting a better card than Step Up usually provides. You are spending $800 on a card, go get a bigger case rather than complain on the forums.

This is literally my first post on the forums. The entitlement in this thread was just tooooooooo high not to comment.
rdarrylr
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/25 20:24:57 (permalink)
I may have only started posting on this forum recently but the 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming will be the 4th EVGA card I have had and I have been a happy customer for over 10 years.

The step up program is amazing and we should all be very thankful EVGA is offering it with the 3080/3090 release.

Its pretty clear in the documentation I have read there are no guarantees on what models will be available and I think most people in the stepup program are happy with the models available. Its impossible to please everyone but EVGA has been doing a great job.
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/25 20:31:16 (permalink)
Zeegoo

"Unacceptable," "get it fixed," I hope they lose you as a customer. I think it would be a win for EVGA. All this because you are getting a better card than Step Up usually provides. You are spending $800 on a card, go get a bigger case rather than complain on the forums.

This is literally my first post on the forums. The entitlement in this thread was just tooooooooo high not to comment.

Yep.  In 13 years of being here,  same story.  People go ape during a release and then things settle down again over time.   Next time it will be the 4080 release.  Mark my words.

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
akwon01
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/25 23:50:30 (permalink)
I'm in the same situation. I emailed EVGA about it and they told me that there are no current plans about adding XC3 into the 3080 Step Up program right now.

It sucks and is unfortunate, but I think I just got caught into thinking you could step up to any model instead of select models. If any fault needs to be placed onto EVGA, it would be on the marketing of the program itself. It's a little misleading but it is what it is. I'm probably going to have to sell my FTW3 Ultra and buy a smaller sized card.
EK3Ferio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/26 03:00:05 (permalink)
kram36
UPDATE: Jacob addressed this issue 7 min after I made the post about this issue. He says none of the production cards were shipped with all POS caps, but some reviewers did receive cards with all POS caps. Like Steve at Gamers Nexus did.

https://forums.evga.com/M...-POSCAPs-m3095238.aspx

This is OT but I am glad the production cards will be different lol! 

On topic though I bought a regular 2070 at the end of July this not even knowing EVGA had a Step-Up program. 1st time EVGA customer. You could imagine how lucky/happy I felt to have only read about a Step-Up program on this board and actually still qualify and register for it successfully. I am willing to wait till they sort their supply and any birthing issues since they are taking my card at cost. I was only looking to buy the XC3 when it eventually became available but now I am queued for FTW3 with no expiry date while am I using my 2070 which is overclocked nicely to 2055Mhz on stock cooler. I am surely excited to have the new card but I am not going to be impatient about it. Mad props to EVGA for the Step-Up program.  

ITX: ROG Strix Z490-i, 10600K @ 5.1GHz all core, 2x16Gb Vengeance Pro 3200 C16 @ 4000Mhz C17, EVGA 3060 XC, Fractal Ion SFX-L 650G, 1TB SN550 M.2 NVMe SSD, Lian Li TU150 
ATX: ROG Strix Z490-E, 10850K @ 5.1GHz all core, 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix Max 4000 C18 @ 4133Mhz C16, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Prime PX-1000, 1TB 980 M.2 NVMe + 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, O11D PCMR edition
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/26 03:51:26 (permalink)
Delirious
Zeegoo

Yep.  In 13 years of being here,  same story.  People go ape during a release and then things settle down again over time.   Next time it will be the 4080 release.  Mark my words.

Yeah, people will go ape when EVGA does not honor their Step-Up program. Now go be a mod worth having on the forums instead of insulting EVGA's customers.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/26 03:57:10 (permalink)
rdarrylr
I may have only started posting on this forum recently but the 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming will be the 4th EVGA card I have had and I have been a happy customer for over 10 years.

The step up program is amazing and we should all be very thankful EVGA is offering it with the 3080/3090 release.

Its pretty clear in the documentation I have read there are no guarantees on what models will be available and I think most people in the stepup program are happy with the models available. Its impossible to please everyone but EVGA has been doing a great job.

Wow!!!! 4 cards in 10 years!!!!

You're definitely a big time money maker for EVGA, keep up the great support!
post edited by kram36 - 2020/09/26 12:41:27
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/26 12:49:03 (permalink)
Zeegoo

Your post shows that for sure.

EVGA's Step-Up is supposed to allow their customer to step up to a better card in the first 90 days then the one they have currently as long as it's not the top dog card. Right now EVGA is not living up to their end of their program to their customers with a card everyone can use. EVGA does have a card everyone can use, but refuses to honor their own program. Don't offer the program if you're not willing to stand by the program. That's not entitlement, that's expecting a company to honor their own program to every customer, not just those with a big enough case to fit the oversized FTW3 card into.
Zeegoo
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 01:28:12 (permalink)
kram36
Zeegoo

EVGA's Step-Up is supposed to allow their customer to step up to a better card in the first 90 days then the one they have currently as long as it's not the top dog card. Right now EVGA is not living up to their end of their program to their customers with a card everyone can use. EVGA does have a card everyone can use, but refuses to honor their own program. Don't offer the program if you're not willing to stand by the program. That's not entitlement, that's expecting a company to honor their own program to every customer, not just those with a big enough case to fit the oversized FTW3 card into.

By golly, it's almost like they addressed this very thing on the Step Up Page! It's crazy what reading can do.

Due to stock limitations or other factors, EVGA will sometimes release models featuring a factory overclock or non-reference PCB to the Step-Up list.

Also, everyone can use the FTW3 if they get a bigger case. Just like not everyone can use a XC3 immediately anyways as well, some will need to upgrade PSU. It's almost like people are able to configure their builds depending on what they want.
EVGAfan587
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 01:41:00 (permalink)
I previously defended EVGA in this thread but congratulations, you have managed to piss me off as well now. Not only are you charging scalper prices for EU step-ups, you also actually listed the 3090 XC3 but it is not selectable. On top of that we have huge delays compared to US. AND NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL. Terrible treatment of your customers.

https://forums.evga.com/R...il-price-m3096451.aspx
post edited by EVGAfan587 - 2020/09/27 01:43:28
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 04:41:26 (permalink)
Zeegoo
kram36
Zeegoo

By golly, it's almost like they addressed this very thing on the Step Up Page! It's crazy what reading can do.

Due to stock limitations or other factors, EVGA will sometimes release models featuring a factory overclock or non-reference PCB to the Step-Up list.

Also, everyone can use the FTW3 if they get a bigger case. Just like not everyone can use a XC3 immediately anyways as well, some will need to upgrade PSU. It's almost like people are able to configure their builds depending on what they want.

There is no where it says, due to stock limitations or other factors, EVGA will not offer you the Step-Up that was guaranteed to you at purchase. You don't even understand what the issues is. I and many others have ZERO Step-Up path right now due to the size of these cards. So get it through your thick skull, we can not use either the 3080 0r 3090 FTW3 cards, that in turn negates EVGA's contract with us. EVGA does have a card that will work for us, but it appears EVGA is looking to make money over honoring their contract with all of it's customers.

EVGAfan587
I previously defended EVGA in this thread but congratulations, you have managed to piss me off as well now. Not only are you charging scalper prices for EU step-ups, you also actually listed the 3090 XC3 but it is not selectable. On top of that we have huge delays compared to US. AND NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL. Terrible treatment of your customers.

EVGA is choosing to prioritize making more money then doing what's right to their customers with this series of cards. Before anyone says EVGA should make money, reread what I posted, I said more money, I do want EVGA to make money, but for Pete's Sake, take care of your customers while making that money and scalping is worse then not even offering the card.
post edited by kram36 - 2020/09/27 12:50:32
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 05:18:44 (permalink)
https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

complaints and suggestions.   Maybe they can give you an idea on what step up availability will be put in place.  Including requests for a hydro step-up

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 06:09:55 (permalink)
Delirious
https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

complaints and suggestions.   Maybe they can give you an idea on what step up availability will be put in place.  Including requests for a hydro step-up

EVGA is aware of this issue.
rain2_usa
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 523
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 06:18:10 (permalink)
kram36
There is no where it says, due to stock limitations or other factors, EVGA will not offer you the Step-Up that was guaranteed to you at purchase. You're so dam stupid you don't even understand what the issues is. I and many others have ZERO Step-Up path right now due to the big ass size of these cards. So get it through your thick skull, we can not use either the 3080 0r 3090 FTW3 cards, that in turn negates EVGA's contract with us. EVGA does have a card that will work for us, but it appears EVGA is looking to make money over honoring their contract with all of it's customers.

EVGAfan587

EVGA is choosing to prioritize making more money then doing what's right to their customers with this series of cards. Before anyone says EVGA should make money, reread what I posted, I said more money, I do want EVGA to make money, but for Pete's Sake, take care of your customers while making that money and scalping is worse then not even offering the card.

You obviously need a time out.  You're gonna kick and scream until EVGA puts the XC3 up for Step-Up.  You're also glancing over the parts of the program that states what EVGAfan mentioned.  

This is on the main Step-Up page.  Clearly stated that it is limited.  

"What kind of product will I get?

All Step-Up replacements are new. There are limitations to what products are available to Step-Up TO"

Oh, and here's another:
STEP-UP INVENTORY - WHAT CAN I STEP-UP TO?EVGA maintains a list of current graphics cards as well as motherboards available to Step-Up to. Products listed are mostly stock (not factory overclocked, or water cooled) due to stock limitations."

Well, would you look at that?  "Products are MOSTLY stock due to stock limitations.".  XC3 is still extremely hampered by stock limitations...

You can continue to kick and scream all you want.  There are thousands upon thousands of different case configurations. A single brand does Not have to make a card that will fit inside your specific case.  There are other companies that do that, like Zotac.  Anyone with an SFF or a Mini-ITX build (in many cases) won't be able to step-up due to size limitations of their case as well.  You want to continue complaining, follow the moderator's suggestion.  Your toxic behavior is really unneeded here, regardless of how long and how active you've been on this forum. 

Core i7 6700k
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
2x8GB Team T-Force Vulcan Z 3200Mhz
EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
Corsair AIO? with 3D Printed spacer
Mushkin 240GB SSD
1TB NVMe 
1TB Seagate SSHD
LG Black BD-Drive UH12NS30
Seasonic Focus GM-750 80+ Gold
Silverstone Grandia GD09B HTPC Case
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 06:21:26 (permalink)
rain2_usa
Well, would you look at that?  "Products are MOSTLY stock due to stock limitations.".  XC3 is still extremely hampered by stock limitations...

Do you work for EVGA? Do you know for a fact that the XC3 is so limited that it can't be offered in Step-Up and give a ZERO path of Step-Up to their customers?
ngh5833
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 102
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 06:30:48 (permalink)
Has anyone had any movement on their step up orders yet?
rain2_usa
SSC Member
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 06:40:36 (permalink)
kram36
rain2_usa

Do you work for EVGA? Do you know for a fact that the XC3 is so limited that it can't be offered in Step-Up and give a ZERO path of Step-Up to their customers?

Once again, you're cherry picking about the ZERO upgrade path when so many others are facing the same thing because of the case configuration issue I just mentioned.  By your complaint, anyone with a PC should be able to step up, which is asinine to accommodate. It is what it is. Terms and conditions are clearly stated in the program.  You are limited to stock availability.

I do know for a Fact that 3090 XC3 is under consideration but is Still dependent upon availability as tweeted by Jacob.  3080 XC3 is in the same boat. 
"Not Yet Determined.  Depends on availability".  - Jacob. 9/26/2020.
Don't try to use the 3090 being a different card argument.  The fact is both have been released, stock is not there (kind of obvious since no one can buy one), thus are both in the same situation.  

And once again, 3080 XC3 COULD be added at a later time when stock levels off.  

Core i7 6700k
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
Mushkin 240GB SSD
1TB NVMe 
1TB Seagate SSHD
rain2_usa
SSC Member
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 06:42:01 (permalink)
ngh5833

There's an unofficial 3080 step up queue thread.  Several have already gone through Step 2 and many into Step 5.  It is moving and we're all waiting.  Good to see it moving at least. 

Core i7 6700k
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
Mushkin 240GB SSD
1TB NVMe 
1TB Seagate SSHD
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 06:47:47 (permalink)
ngh5833

There is a thread for that.

https://forums.evga.com/Unofficial-3080-Step-Up-Queue-Thread-m3091969.aspx

If the FTW3 Ultra Step-Up isn't moving, that could be because the yield on chips to make that card isn't sufficient. The XC3 on the other hand doesn't required the clock speed of the FTW3 Ultra cards, so there should be more XC3 cards available due to the clock speed requirements of the FTW3 Ultra cards.
post edited by kram36 - 2020/09/27 07:33:37
Bcassiman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 146
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 07:44:25 (permalink)
That’s not the reason for the FTW. Jacob already stated the delay was with the capacitor change. Nothing to do with chips. Can we just nuke this thread already.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 07:59:55 (permalink)
Bcassiman
That’s not the reason for the FTW. Jacob already stated the delay was with the capacitor change. Nothing to do with chips. Can we just nuke this thread already.

That's a delay, which even makes my point the XC3 should also be in Step-Up even stronger beside the chip yield that will support the FTW3 Ultra clock speed. If the FTW3 Ultra has a delay and the XC3 doesn't, then the pass the smell test is stinking rotten.
Bcassiman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 146
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 08:10:41 (permalink)
Cool. Then you should probably get you card somewhere else and move on with your life.
rdarrylr
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 08:25:00 (permalink)
Bcassiman - you're above 50 posts now so your comments are valid.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 11:48:31 (permalink)
Bcassiman
Cool. Then you should probably get you card somewhere else and move on with your life.

No, that's not how this world works. I bought the EVGA 2080 Super Hydro Copper just for the Step-Up program EVGA offers it's customer. Now I want EVGA to make good one their promise to me and others for buying their product.
Jack-Rabbit
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 163
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 12:08:26 (permalink)
kram36
Bcassiman

No, that's not how this world works. I bought the EVGA 2080 Super Hydro Copper just for the Step-Up program EVGA offers it's customer. Now I want EVGA to make good one their promise to me and others for buying their product.

Don't you have 90 days from your purchase date to enroll in the stepup program?  Why not just wait part-way through the time frame to see if another card comes on their list?  You eventually get the product.  You could see if they have terms or conditions in fine print.

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA, You're Pissing Off A Lot Of Customers, Including Me. 2020/09/27 12:45:23 (permalink)
Jack-Rabbit
kram36
Bcassiman

Don't you have 90 days from your purchase date to enroll in the stepup program?  Why not just wait part-way through the time frame to see if another card comes on their list?  You eventually get the product.  You could see if they have terms or conditions in fine print.

Yes we get a 90 day Step-Up period if the product is purchased from an EVGA Authorized Retailer. Why wait? Why not get EVGA to do the right thing now for their customers? There is no reason to not have a XC3 model in Step-Up, except for EVGA to make more money by not offering them and only the highest priced 3080 and 3090 they sell. I see you're new and you have not gone through the cycles of Step-Up in the past. What EVGA is doing right now is not the norm nor is it what EVGA states in the Step-Up program. It's generally the bottom tier card of that series EVGA offers in Step-Up and people ask for EVGA to add the higher tier models. EVGA is doing it completely backwards this time. I'm glad they are offering the FTW3 Ultra in Step-Up, but they should also be offering the standard XC3 model too as it's compatible with all standard cases. What would I actually love for EVGA to offer? The XC3 3080 Hydro Copper, that would be perfect for me, but not everyone, just as the FTW3 gives a ZERO Step-Up path to me and a lot of people.

If this is of no issue to you, then stay out of it. I'm not asking EVGA to take away the FTW3 Ultra, I'm asking them to honor their Step-Up program to people that cant use the FTW3 Ultra and add the XC3 model.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile