EVGA XR1 lite Freezes when sharing to Discord

Author
Xidrion
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/07 18:46:01 (permalink)
Hello everyone.
I purchased this capture card with the hope to be able to seamlessly stream to Discord via OBS projector, however, I am encountering a problem that is preventing me from using it for my needs. I can receive output from the card without any problems, however as soon as I attempt to screen share my OBS scene projector, the capture card freezes. It then goes into idle mode (blinking blue LED) and doesn't return to active mode if I don't unplug and re-plug the USB-C cable. After unplugging and re-plugging, I can stream for a few minutes but the stream freezes again. I tried updating the firmware and using the DHCP tool to see if it affected anything, but I still have the freezing problem. I also thought that the card might be defective so I ordered a replacement but the problem still persists. The interesting thing is that the card freezes as soon as Discord starts to scan for applications, even before actually initiating the screen share. Is there any way I can troubleshoot this problem?

3 Replies Related Threads

Jorrel56
    Re: EVGA XR1 lite Freezes when sharing to Discord 2022/06/30 20:27:55 (permalink)
    Were you able to resolve this?

I am experiencing this exact issue with the XR1 Pro as well. I have narrowed it down to streaming anything other than "Source" in Discord. I had to use a free Nitro upgrade to verify this. But I can consistently recreate this issue if streaming from Discord, sharing the projector application, and using anything other than Source (e.g. 720p 30 which is default for non Nitro users). This is a dealbreaker for me and will result in a return if there is no fix. Hoping there is because shelling out for Nitro isn't a solution for me. I even went as far as customizing my device being recorded (Mister FPGA) to output 1280x720 @60 to ensure the source resolution matched what I was streaming at and still freezes.
    Xidrion
    Re: EVGA XR1 lite Freezes when sharing to Discord 2022/07/02 10:39:43 (permalink)
    Hi, my solution was to simply update my motherboard BIOS version. My motherboard model is the MSI MAG X570 Tomohawk Wifi. In the update log for the BIOS, I read that one of the updates feature better compatibility with USB devices. Therefore, I updated and my problem was solved. Hopefully your motherboard model has a similar update as well. Otherwise, I unfortunately cannot provide a different solution. Good luck!
    Jorrel56
    Re: EVGA XR1 lite Freezes when sharing to Discord 2022/07/02 22:36:08 (permalink)
    Thank you my friend! Honestly did not think it would come down to a bios update but this was the fix even for my Crosshair VIII Dark Hero!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile