• Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 26

78 Replies Related Threads

DAVE2HOT4U
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1114
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 11:43:57 (permalink)
    How long will we have to wait for the Classified Jacob ? Oh my, they changed the Nics to 2 -1 Intel & 1 Killer Gigabit ethernet. Good Job EVGA this is the Reason I keep coming back. That and the Great Service I have recieved in the Past.

post edited by DAVE2HOT4U - 2016/05/17 11:53:13
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 13:17:19 (permalink)
    This is what I would like for my next upgrade. I was wondering why there hasn't been any X99 available here on the website. Nice feature list.
    AcesofDeath7
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2974
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 14:05:38 (permalink)
    Oh no! 
    What to do, what to do?
    Get this or wait for the X99 Dark?

VVhiplash
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 392
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 14:14:10 (permalink)
    I thought the huge E got blacked out because everyone hated the red...? Why in the world would you black that out, and then RED the heat sink at the top?? I personally do NOT like the decisions EVGA has been making in the aesthetic department since x99 came out... or when the 900 series came out... :P but whatever. Super neat to see EVGA taking customer feedback and making improvements to their products in every other aspect. Its also awesome that its available now, and so darn competitive with that price! :D

ll Steiger-Dynamics Maven ll Intel i7-5930k 4.2Ghz ll ASRock X99 Extreme6/AC ll Liqmax II 240 ll GeiL Super-Luce 32gb 2666mhz ll (x2)EVGA GTX 980 SC ll Samsung XP941 500gb and 850 Pro 1TB ll EVGA PS 1000W Platinum ll
    darulernaz
    • Total Posts : 22
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 14:32:44 (permalink)
    Having never used a Evga mobo i am really interested in upgrading my current x99 to a Evga.  Will there be a M-atx version also?
    Questors
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 104
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 15:13:37 (permalink)
    darulernaz
    Having never used a Evga mobo i am really interested in upgrading my current x99 to a EvgaWill there be a M-atx version also?

EVGA released the mATX a few months back. It is the X99 Micro 2 (as opposed to the X99 Micro - without the "2") www .evga. com /Products /Product .aspx?pn=131-HE-E095-KR
    zophar
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5183
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 15:41:50 (permalink)
    notfordman
    This is what I would like for my next upgrade. I was wondering why there hasn't been any X99 available here on the website. Nice feature list.

I'll tell you what, you buy the board and I'll cut you a smoking deal on a 5930K when Haswell-e comes out.

It is a good looking board that definitely had some stuff I wish the FTW had.

Xarzi
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 196
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 16:35:07 (permalink)
    Looks good and has almost all the specs I want. Except I was hoping you guys would come out with an ATX sized board.
    Fulgore243
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/17 22:22:10 (permalink)
    Looking forward to the refreshed Classified and/or the Dark.
    ypsylon
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 527
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/18 00:50:35 (permalink)
    Somewhat tame reaction to FTWK if I'm honest. :)

I've noticed last evening that K is live. Expected flurry of excited post about it. Instead ... "All quiet on the Western front"

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/18 02:00:06 (permalink)
    ypsylon

I've noticed last evening that K is live. Expected flurry of excited post about it. Instead ... "All quiet on the Western front"

I think its too early to take a stab at it but I guess I'll admit, not really excited about it.  A few minor upgrades and mainly cosmetics.  Was expecting more but hey, can't make everyone happy.  

I'll list a few things that I thought should have possibly been on this board and past boards.

- A LED display horizontally instead of having it sideways but understand for folks who have a reverse setup, it still gives them a decent display otherwise it'll be completely upside down.  I still believe the majority don't have reversed MB setups.

- Dual / Raid M.2  I think that might still be limited with the X99 chipset.

- Ambient RGB LED Lighting and controlled through software and have some RGB LED headers to be able to add and control more strips

- Quality on-board sound

- "OC" version of the CPU socket like the competitors have with more pins I believe.

- Should have made this board completely black to satisfy those that want a "dark" version board while having the "E" in a dark color.  The red top HS piece throws everything off for those that would go for the black board but hoped they created them where they can "snap" off and be replaced with w/e colors you would like on certain parts of the board via screws or of some removable way and snap on way if possible.

-All PWM headers and of course backwards compatible to voltage control.

-All MB headers at 90 degree.  I'm sure a few folks hate the 90 degree headers when installing in confine cases.  Word of advise to them and assuming they're on modular PSUs, install the cables before you install the MB in the case and that should relieve a lot of the issues of installing the cables and work your cable management from there.

To be fair to EVGA, I know a lot of these things will add more cost to the boards.  I think at this price point, some of these things should have been added or at least, a lower price point would be justifiable.  

I will also say, I chose some of the best features from all competitors boards and listed them here that I personally liked.

In the end, I'm just a arm chair expert enthusiast here so take everything I say with a grain of salt and congrats to those that purchase these boards.  EVGA is still #1 in my book when it comes to CS.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    deFiniLoGy
    • Total Posts : 75
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/18 04:39:47 (permalink)
    gtxjackbauer
    ypsylon

I think its too early to take a stab at it but I guess I'll admit, not really excited about it.  A few minor upgrades and mainly cosmetics.  Was expecting more but hey, can't make everyone happy.  

I'll list a few things that I thought should have possibly been on this board and past boards.

- A LED display horizontally instead of having it sideways but understand for folks who have a reverse setup, it still gives them a decent display otherwise it'll be completely upside down.  I still believe the majority don't have reversed MB setups.

- Dual / Raid M.2  I think that might still be limited with the X99 chipset.

- Ambient RGB LED Lighting and controlled through software and have some RGB LED headers to be able to add and control more strips

- Quality on-board sound

- "OC" version of the CPU socket like the competitors have with more pins I believe.

- Should have made this board completely black to satisfy those that want a "dark" version board while having the "E" in a dark color.  The red top HS piece throws everything off for those that would go for the black board but hoped they created them where they can "snap" off and be replaced with w/e colors you would like on certain parts of the board via screws or of some removable way and snap on way if possible.

-All MB headers at 90 degree.  I'm sure a few folks hate the 90 degree headers when installing in confine cases.  Word of advise to them and assuming they're on modular PSUs, install the cables before you install the MB in the case and that should relieve a lot of the issues of installing the cables and work your cable management from there.

To be fair to EVGA, I know a lot of these things will add more cost to the boards.  I think at this price point, some of these things should have been added or at least, a lower price point would be justifiable.  

I will also say, I chose some of the best features from all competitors boards and listed them here that I personally liked.

In the end, I'm just a arm chair expert enthusiast here so take everything I say with a grain of salt and congrats to those that purchase these boards.  EVGA is still #1 in my book when it comes to CS.

Got to agree.

Although one of the best products I think they've released is the Micro 2 in the X99 arena, but in the same X99 ATX arena, I really don't see anything superior in EVGA compared to competitors. But given the CS quality, you guys are still my go to manufacturer :)
    Questors
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/18 06:14:47 (permalink)
    VVhiplash
    I thought the huge E got blacked out because everyone hated the red...? Why in the world would you black that out, and then RED the heat sink at the top?? I personally do NOT like the decisions EVGA has been making in the aesthetic department since x99 came out... or when the 900 series came out... :P but whatever. Super neat to see EVGA taking customer feedback and making improvements to their products in every other aspect. Its also awesome that its available now, and so darn competitive with that price! :D

A bit of black model paint and a brush take care of that pesky red! You can use a small piece of carbon fiber or vinyl shrink stuff (I hate when I can't recall something!!!) and cover it now, safely remove later.

gtxjackbauer
    ypsylon

1 - A LED display horizontally instead of having it sideways but understand for folks who have a reverse setup, it still gives them a decent display otherwise it'll be completely upside down.  I still believe the majority don't have reversed MB setups.
    2 - Dual / Raid M.2  I think that might still be limited with the X99 chipset.
    3 - Ambient RGB LED Lighting and controlled through software and have some RGB LED headers to be able to add and control more strips
    - Quality on-board sound
    I will also say, I chose some of the best features from all competitors boards and listed them here that I personally liked

As forum user ypsylon states (forum location below):   "You can't raid two PCI-Ex devices on X99 chipset on hardware (BIOS) level. You can do that only with Windows Dynamic Disk (software pseudo-RAID). X99 chipset offer only support for one M.2 port.
    Perhaps refresh boards for B-E will provide some support for 2x NVMe M.2 drives, but still it won't change the outcome one iota. X99 does not support RAID on hardware level. Period. First consumer chipset that does is Z170."          
    Found here:  http :// forums . evga . com / No-compromises-Two-Samsung-950-Pros-in-RAID-0-2way-SLI-m2477063 .aspx (I can't actually post links at EVGA forums yet)

My only woe here: In waiting the last few weeks for some official announcement, I lost the chance to buy the X99 Classified for $275.00 (retail) hoping for one with USB 3.1 Type A & C update. Now my rig is down waiting for a new motherboard to come on sale or significantly drop in price again for another reason. Luck of the draw I suppose. C'est La Vie!
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/18 14:30:37 (permalink)
    AcesofDeath7
    Oh no! 
    What to do, what to do?

What X99 Dark?

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

ran tag
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/18 14:40:31 (permalink)
    Jacob, any idea if the USB chipsets on this Motherboard pass Oculus usb compatibility check for the Rift headset? 
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/19 14:56:33 (permalink)
    zophar
    notfordman

I'll tell you what, you buy the board and I'll cut you a smoking deal on a 5930K when Haswell-e comes out.

It is a good looking board that definitely had some stuff I wish the FTW had.

Interesting, might "have" to do that....
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/19 16:02:15 (permalink)
    ran tag
    Jacob, any idea if the USB chipsets on this Motherboard pass Oculus usb compatibility check for the Rift headset? 

I would think so as the current EVGA X99 Motherboards passed the Oculus USB compatibility check.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/20 00:33:49 (permalink)
    Damn why they didn't launch this board I would save 100-130 euro on X99 board.
    This is nice motherboard for people who fast become emotionally connected with their hardware and like to invest in
    Intel Xtreme and keep platform 3-4 years and in mean time could change 3+ graphic cards on same platform.

I would really like this motherboard, but GPU is most important part at the moment.

Everything what I need, place for SBZ, Dual BIOS, angled 24pin, cool SATA connectors, M.2 Gen 3  up to 32 Gbps, USB 3.1 A+C.
    8 phases is more than enough when EVGA choose parts. I like when motherboard have 2x LAN Connectors. In this keys different that's even better.
    What if one LAN Port die you need to RMA whole motherboard if only single port is available.
    This is my favorite EVGA X99 board for now.
    Enough USB 2.0 Ports on back side for keyboard, mouse, Web Cam and free place for charging phones, flashing BIOS, etc... USB 3.0 Ports could be free for USB 3.0 devices as External HDD, USB 3.0 Flash, etc. and USB 3.1 for newest devices and for future. 

EVGA X99 FTW-KilleR!
    is HERE.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2016/05/20 01:00:19

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

AcesofDeath7
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2974
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/20 05:35:07 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    AcesofDeath7
    Oh no! 
    What to do, what to do?

What X99 Dark?

Jacob hints at it when asked during the Friday Podcasts.  Always keeping us in the Dark! Could be spoofing us but I don't think so.

Spirit_Rises
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 242
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/20 08:23:17 (permalink)
    I was waiting for the new motherboard from Evga and heard that the Evga X99 FTW K is announced.

the reason i was waiting for a new board was having a native M.2 slot speed up to 32gb/s

and finally the K edition is released but wait , less cpu phases for overclocking? without a creative sound card? without the second cpu power connector for overclocking ?  

come on man this is a newer board.this should be better than the classified.So what is the point of this board?  

having usb 3.1
    having m.2 port 32gb/s

i am very dissapointed.and review on the link shows it is way behind x99 classified at some points.   :((
    sonid666
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/20 08:36:40 (permalink)
    Spirit_Rises
    I was waiting for the new motherboard from Evga and heard that the Evga X99 FTW K is announced.

the reason i was waiting for a new board was having a native M.2 slot speed up to 32gb/s

and finally the K edition is released but wait , less cpu phases for overclocking? without a creative sound card? without the second cpu power connector for overclocking ?  

come on man this is a newer board.this should be better than the classified.So what is the point of this board?  

having usb 3.1
    having m.2 port 32gb/s

i am very dissapointed.and review on the link shows it is way behind x99 classified at some points.   :((

The FTW editions are never better than the classified offerings.  With that said supposedly the classified is also getting a refresh as well but its a wait and see right now.
    Questors
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/20 19:16:08 (permalink)
    Spirit_Rises

having usb 3.1
    having m.2 port 32gb/s

At first glance, I thought the X99 FTW K might be a refresh product intended to bridge a gap between the X99 FTW and the X99 Classified, at least for now. This initially left me with mixed feelings about the FTW K. I have to say, the more I learn about the board and possible configurations, the more I like it.
    As far as absence of WIFI goes, I appreciate the option to add an adapter of my choice over what a board maker might decide for me.
    Thank goodness EVGA is NOT adding Christmas tree lights all over the boards!
    My only big consideration at this point: What is the overclock potential of this board?

DAVE2HOT4U
    FTW Member
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/20 19:28:07 (permalink)
    ypsylon

Most have been waiting for the New Dark or Classified. Drooling Still.

Spirit_Rises
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 242
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/21 04:04:05 (permalink)
    So i have been waiting for a board that fully supports m.2 slot 32gb and here it is K edition.

So what do you advise me to do now? Should i buy the FTW K edition or keep continue waiting for a possible new classified or a possible Dark?
    post edited by Spirit_Rises - 2016/05/23 19:09:23
    Questors
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/22 14:57:19 (permalink)
    Spirit_Rises
    So i have been waiting for a board that fully supports m.2 slot 32gb and here it is K edition.

So what do you advise me to do now? Should i buy the FTW K edition or kepp continue waiting for a possible new classified or a possible Dark?

If the X99 FTW K meets your needs, go with it.

It is at the forefront of consideration for me currently.
    DAVE2HOT4U
    FTW Member
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/24 12:04:34 (permalink)
    Questors
    Spirit_Rises

So what do you advise me to do now? Should i buy the FTW K edition or kepp continue waiting for a possible new classified or a possible Dark?

Yes I thought about it to ! But decided to wait. Reason 1 power connection to CPU. With 40 PCIe lanes to Draw from how Long is this Board going to Last ?
    Questors
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/24 14:12:57 (permalink)
    DAVE2HOT4U
    Yes I thought about it to ! But decided to wait. Reason 1 power connection to CPU. With 40 PCIe lanes to Draw from how Long is this Board going to Last ?

As long as one has a  quality power supply with enough power, I don't believe the single 8-pin power connection is a problem. I guess it's more about what purpose the end user desires. If extreme overclocking is the goal, wringing ever bit of performance from it on a regular basis, maybe a Classified is more in order.
    As things stand, the power components are top notch. I have to admit I keep swinging back and forth with what EVGA's intent for this board is. In some ways it seems like a gap filler between the X99 FTW and the X99 Classified. Though the FTW is normally their mid range board. Then again, EVGA doesn't have a low range board, thankfully.
    TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 4893
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/24 18:01:09 (permalink)
    DAVE2HOT4U
    Questors
    Spirit_Rises

To clarify, the EPS powers the CPU, the lanes do not power the slots, the slots are powered by the 24 pin and if used, the 6 pin PCIE at the bottom of the board.  A single EPS will in no way limit the lifespan of the board, or functionality under semi-normal uses.  Until you start freezing chips, or you lost the silicon lottery hard and you have to volt the heck out of the processor to get it to clock, the normal clocking levels you see a dozen times a day on the EVGA forums are completely attainable with a single EPS.  I would not worry about stability or longevity issues from a single EPS connector.
    Questors
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA X99 FTW K! 2016/05/24 18:27:30 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DaveB
    DAVE2HOT4U
    Questors
    Spirit_Rises

To clarify, the EPS powers the CPU, the lanes do not power the slots, the slots are powered by the 24 pin and if used, the 6 pin PCIE at the bottom of the board.  A single EPS will in no way limit the lifespan of the board, or functionality under semi-normal uses.  Until you start freezing chips, or you lost the silicon lottery hard and you have to volt the heck out of the processor to get it to clock, the normal clocking levels you see a dozen times a day on the EVGA forums are completely attainable with a single EPS.  I would not worry about stability or longevity issues from a single EPS connector.

So yes, a better explanation than my over simplified speel.
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile