EVGA

EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 26
Author
Jfeil
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 00:26:01 (permalink)
MvdL79

Let's just have some confidence in EVGA that they will succeed. Especially since thet say they have the best technicians around and they should be able to pull this of without any sweat. Otherwise I will be extremely disappointed in EVGA.

Like the EVGA slogan says: "Compromise is for losers"

I simply expect EVGA to pull this of.

I would truly love to belive this, I used to, as I've been purchasing EVGA products with pride for YEARS now.  The problem is, they're turning thier backs on the x58 community now since the platform is nearing EOL once Intel gets it's new lines up and running without a hitch.  When they make comments about it being impossible because of size restrictions, when it's CLEARLY not the case as proven by members here and other motherboard manufacturers, it lends a hint that they're truly not going to invest the resources necessary to support this hardware fully anymore.  What a pitty that is, I would hardly consider my current rig to be nearing EOL, and I doubt you could convince many others here of that as well.  This is only going to put a bad taste in people's mouths for EVGA as a company, and when we're buying our new boards for new platforms down the road, we're going to remember this, and we're going to remember the names of other companies who were willing to support their x58 customers properly.

Yes, we all might have had some pretty harsh words on this in the heat of it all, but our dissatisfaction is entirely justified in this matter, and for the most part, I doubt most will let it go.  Honestly, I hope you're right, and in the end, they take care of their loyal customers to ensure that we stay loyal in the future...  now, I'd like to believe that, I really would, but I just don't see it happening.

-Jason

"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them their job."  -Samuel Goldwyn
MvdL79
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 550
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 00:57:17 (permalink)
Jfeil

MvdL79

Let's just have some confidence in EVGA that they will succeed. Especially since thet say they have the best technicians around and they should be able to pull this of without any sweat. Otherwise I will be extremely disappointed in EVGA.

Like the EVGA slogan says: "Compromise is for losers"

I simply expect EVGA to pull this of.

I would truly love to belive this, I used to, as I've been purchasing EVGA products with pride for YEARS now.  The problem is, they're turning thier backs on the x58 community now since the platform is nearing EOL once Intel gets it's new lines up and running without a hitch.  When they make comments about it being impossible because of size restrictions, when it's CLEARLY not the case as proven by members here and other motherboard manufacturers, it lends a hint that they're truly not going to invest the resources necessary to support this hardware fully anymore.  What a pitty that is, I would hardly consider my current rig to be nearing EOL, and I doubt you could convince many others here of that as well.  This is only going to put a bad taste in people's mouths for EVGA as a company, and when we're buying our new boards for new platforms down the road, we're going to remember this, and we're going to remember the names of other companies who were willing to support their x58 customers properly.

Yes, we all might have had some pretty harsh words on this in the heat of it all, but our dissatisfaction is entirely justified in this matter, and for the most part, I doubt most will let it go.  Honestly, I hope you're right, and in the end, they take care of their loyal customers to ensure that we stay loyal in the future...  now, I'd like to believe that, I really would, but I just don't see it happening.

-Jason

I fully agree with your post.
I also do not consider my rig to be EOL, only because it's using an EVGA E762 X58. I spend top Dollar (or should I say Euro here) to get my rig in the state which is now.

If they don't want to address this problem they will lose at least one client. First they promise a new bios in early November 2010 with a new Intel RAID ROM and now they say it isn't possible to get the latest version? Maybe we should really remind EVGA about their slogan "Compromise is for losers", cause that really seems the case here. Just turn you back on loyal customers.

If this is the case and nothing will happen, then my next rig won't be containing any EVGA products. No matter how good a product is, it needs to be supported by the company who build it in the first place. Without dedicated support, it's like driving a car without gas. You will get nowhere...

EVGA used to be a great company (I've been a customer since early 2005). But after 2017 it went completely downhill. EVGA doesn't treat customers as customers, but as complete idiots! I used to own over 30 EVGA products (videocards, motherboards, PSU's and so on). Not anymore. #evga #pathetic
Topboy007
  • Total Posts : 65
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 02:41:20 (permalink)
Let's just remember a few things here

WE are the end users.
WE are the people who enable EVGA to operate
Without us EVGA WOULD not survive as a company

If EVGA are going to start acting like DFI did back in the day, the word will spread like fire across the net on other enthusiast websites and i can assure you that your current loyal customers will jump ship and WILL NOT come back.

If your listening EVGA - you really need to act now on these issues with the X58 platform and update the bios along with the SATA 3 controller issues.

If there are issues you cannot fix then have the balls to come out and say we can not fix this BUT will honor our customers and replace these design faulty boards with a new breed (when available) FOC

Either FIX IT or Replace it or lots of people will say bye bye EVGA

Intel Core i7 980x Cooled with Corsair H70
6Gb Corsair Dominator 2000Mhz GT DDR3
EVGA X58 Classified 3 E770 
3 EVGA GTX 580 SC in 3 way SLI
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair Obsidian 800D Case 
3 Acer GD245HQ 3D Vision Ready in 3 way surround with Nvidia 3D Vision
SkullCracker
  • Total Posts : 55
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 03:48:57 (permalink)
Good post and feel exactly the same. Years back EVGA was a company I never heard of. A bunch of people I know talked so highly of them that I jumped ship from ASUS to EVGA. I started out with 2 680i boards then a 790i Ultra with my last one bing the X58 TRI SLI. I've purchased a bunch of video cards over the years as well. But ever since I received my X58 it's been one issue after another. First it was the NB being to hot. I tried to fix that with a small fan blowing on it to no avail. Then issues with the USB ports and things not working. Now tonight the board freezes on boot up and hangs with a code 50. In order for it to boot I have to remove every USB cable except keyboard and mouse. After that things are fine but now take for ever just to get a post beep and a screen that shows it's loading. It's never done this but I figure it's had it's issues and will continue to do so.

Point is EVGA was a great company that responded to problems very quickly. But over the years they've gotten so big it feels like they don't care. Oh, and by the way this is my 2nd X58 board. The first one was DOA and had to send it back. To me that's a bad sign of things to come. Anyway this X58 is my last board from them. I went back to the same place you did being ASUS and I'm very happy. I'm even running a AsRock X58 Extreme with a i7 970 and 8GB. The ASUS (I forgot the model #) I'm running has a  Xeon 3550 Bloomfield and no issues at all. I'm also going to give MSI a shot. I just purchased two Cyclone 460's from them and they are very sweet. With a i7 980x and 12GB games ran flawless maxed out. Cooling is even much better then any EVGA G card I've ever had.

Breaks my heart to stop buying from EVGA. Every time I purchased something I felt real good about it even when 2 8800GTX's years back were almost a $1,000. Time to RMA this board and hope it comes back in working order with no bent pins..cough..cough. I'll have to record me opening the box so I have proof I didn't do it.

post edited by SkullCracker - 2011/02/02 03:52:21
martigen
  • Total Posts : 22
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 04:00:03 (permalink)
This is a rather underwhelming update.

I have an EVGA Classified 3, my very first EVGA purchase, using BIOS 77.

Great board, except everytime I do a soft-reset it does a hard one: power down and back on again. After reading other threads it turns out this occurs if you enable Virtualisation in the BIOS. Why yes, I have virtualisation enabled -- because I need to use it. Along with dual booting between Windows and Linux, which I need to do for my work, and besides being a PITA, is now quickly power cycling my spinning disk drives multiple times a day, which won't do them any favours.

Without trying to be mean, I'm surprised something so simple can get past EVGA's Q&A. No other board I've used for as long as we've had VT-X extensions over all these years has ever had such a problem. And in my industry I see a lot.

Kinda glad I'm not using RAID too... (well I am, but I use software RAID -> faster than fakeraid and TRIM is passed for the SSDs too).

gorodok
  • Total Posts : 100
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 07:25:57 (permalink)
Topboy007

Let's just remember a few things here

WE are the end users.
WE are the people who enable EVGA to operate
Without us EVGA WOULD not survive as a company

If EVGA are going to start acting like DFI did back in the day, the word will spread like fire across the net on other enthusiast websites and i can assure you that your current loyal customers will jump ship and WILL NOT come back.

If your listening EVGA - you really need to act now on these issues with the X58 platform and update the bios along with the SATA 3 controller issues.

If there are issues you cannot fix then have the balls to come out and say we can not fix this BUT will honor our customers and replace these design faulty boards with a new breed (when available) FOC

Either FIX IT or Replace it or lots of people will say bye bye EVGA

EVGA read this carefully. Yours products for computer's enthusiasts  not for noobs ( I also start thinking about Gigabyte or Asus)  

Case: Corsair 700d
Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI Classified E760-A1
CPU: i7 940
Memory RAM: Corsar Dominator GT 6GB 2000MHz, 7-8-7-20 1.65v
Video card: 2 x EVGA GTX 590 
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200m
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 08:05:35 (permalink)
I've spent prob around 17,000 for my rig in the end and not too long ago.. I've yet to even finallize my overclocks and start to enjoy it yet..  in fact i prob have'nt even ran it for more then a hour max at a time.

I sure hope my dream rig is not EOL! lol

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
Alucard666
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6164
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 08:49:25 (permalink)
AHowes

I've spent prob around 17,000 for my rig in the end and not too long ago.. I've yet to even finallize my overclocks and start to enjoy it yet..  in fact i prob have'nt even ran it for more then a hour max at a time.

I sure hope my dream rig is not EOL! lol

how the hell?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB Crucial Ballistix PRO RGB 3600mhz| ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC | ASUS X570i STRIX | 2TB Sabrent Rockit M.2 SSD| NZXT H1 w Ghost Sheets Mesh Front | Noctua 140mm & 2 40mm | Samsung Odyssey G7 32" | Logitech G Pro Wireless | Logitech G915 | SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless | Logitech G560 RGB Speakers |
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 09:04:19 (permalink)
Accesseries.. accesseries! All out with the little things that really add up! hehe.  Plus it didnt help when my new build kept getting upgraded before it was done.. started out with a i7  930,760 and 2x 480s.. then bought a 3rd and that was expensive cause i had to buy a bigger case and added more to the water cooling.. Then not even a month later bought a 4th 480 and then needed to add another P/S and another rad and fans for that.. Then a week later find out the 580s were out and had to sell the 3 480s and return the 4th to the store and bought up 4 580s oh and the step up to the 762 for that.. New MB WB and 4 new DD blocks for the 580s..  Oh, and tossed in a new 980x cause i felt it would be needed for the quad sli and surround vision.  DOnt forget all those extra bitspower fittings i kept having to over time and time again with all the changes.. It just kept adding up.

Now when i'm done with the build but still yet to get close to feeling like i've maxed the overclocking they come out with the sandy bridge.. and already talking about faster graphics cards. :/  Cant feel good about a build in this day and age.
Intels sandybridge is just a slap in the face with all the money i've blown on this build..  If my wife only knew. eeeek!  Wish i could upgrade again but obviously there will be bigger chips down the line and better mbs. I'll play with this for a year or so and then think about it.  I'm tired of always building and want to finally get to playing.

post edited by AHowes - 2011/02/02 09:06:30

Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
Alucard666
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 09:24:44 (permalink)
AHowes

Accesseries.. accesseries! All out with the little things that really add up! hehe.  Plus it didnt help when my new build kept getting upgraded before it was done.. started out with a i7  930,760 and 2x 480s.. then bought a 3rd and that was expensive cause i had to buy a bigger case and added more to the water cooling.. Then not even a month later bought a 4th 480 and then needed to add another P/S and another rad and fans for that.. Then a week later find out the 580s were out and had to sell the 3 480s and return the 4th to the store and bought up 4 580s oh and the step up to the 762 for that.. New MB WB and 4 new DD blocks for the 580s..  Oh, and tossed in a new 980x cause i felt it would be needed for the quad sli and surround vision.  DOnt forget all those extra bitspower fittings i kept having to over time and time again with all the changes.. It just kept adding up.

Now when i'm done with the build but still yet to get close to feeling like i've maxed the overclocking they come out with the sandy bridge.. and already talking about faster graphics cards. :/  Cant feel good about a build in this day and age.
Intels sandybridge is just a slap in the face with all the money i've blown on this build..  If my wife only knew. eeeek!  Wish i could upgrade again but obviously there will be bigger chips down the line and better mbs. I'll play with this for a year or so and then think about it.  I'm tired of always building and want to finally get to playing.

I just can't fathom the 17k man. I've currently sunk in about 6k into my rig over the last 3 years or so and  couldn't be happier

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB Crucial Ballistix PRO RGB 3600mhz| ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC | ASUS X570i STRIX | 2TB Sabrent Rockit M.2 SSD| NZXT H1 w Ghost Sheets Mesh Front | Noctua 140mm & 2 40mm | Samsung Odyssey G7 32" | Logitech G Pro Wireless | Logitech G915 | SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless | Logitech G560 RGB Speakers |
Kamarad
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2062
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 09:33:39 (permalink)
Alucard666

AHowes

I just can't fathom the 17k man. I've currently sunk in about 6k into my rig over the last 3 years or so and  couldn't be happier

I can't fathom 17K either.  Does your computer make coffee or fly?  For 17K, I bet you could do it, lol.

MvdL79
SSC Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 09:38:03 (permalink)
17k or 300 USD, no matter what amount you have paid for your rig, you should expect good support and updates for the products you pay for.

Otherwise you might as well buy Jetway or crap like that.

EVGA used to be a great company (I've been a customer since early 2005). But after 2017 it went completely downhill. EVGA doesn't treat customers as customers, but as complete idiots! I used to own over 30 EVGA products (videocards, motherboards, PSU's and so on). Not anymore. #evga #pathetic
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 09:40:10 (permalink)
heh yeah it should do some crazy stuff for cash like that. Funny thing is that this is my first build in like 5 years thanks to news of the 460.. i was brought bakc to computers with the thought of building a rediculous fast computer with a couple of grand and i guess my math skillz suck as it was about double from that in the begining as i was'nt thinking about all the parts i needed since i was building from scratch for a change. It snow balled though from there forsure! lol.  A No Tomorrow build and thats what i built.  All out.

Still not happy with the small 4.5Ghz overclock on my 980x.. and the stuttering i see in surround vision. I want it perfect and Falcon says his rig is as smooth as butter and no stuttering with the sandy bridge.. though i'd heard that before with the release of the 580.  If true, i might down size this rig soon! hehe

dejanh
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1553
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 10:55:20 (permalink)
AHowes

heh yeah it should do some crazy stuff for cash like that. Funny thing is that this is my first build in like 5 years thanks to news of the 460.. i was brought bakc to computers with the thought of building a rediculous fast computer with a couple of grand and i guess my math skillz suck as it was about double from that in the begining as i was'nt thinking about all the parts i needed since i was building from scratch for a change. It snow balled though from there forsure! lol.  A No Tomorrow build and thats what i built.  All out.

Still not happy with the small 4.5Ghz overclock on my 980x.. and the stuttering i see in surround vision. I want it perfect and Falcon says his rig is as smooth as butter and no stuttering with the sandy bridge.. though i'd heard that before with the release of the 580.  If true, i might down size this rig soon! hehe

For high-power multi-card setups X58 is still the more powerful platform.  Any "stuttering" that you are seeing is not related to your chip/chipset but it may be related to your graphics cards, drivers, or something else entirely.
ShibbyDPHS
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 424
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 18:20:25 (permalink)
For 17k I would expect my computer to write all my college papers and do research on it's own for fun...

@Shibby2142 on YouTube
5thduke
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3343
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 18:43:02 (permalink)
its not hard to spend that much on a rig specially if your not paid in US dollars some of us pay up to  twice as much for parts than our american brothers do.

never attempt to remove a fly from your friends head with a meat cleaver .  

Alucard666
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 20:04:34 (permalink)
ShibbyDPHS

For 17k I would expect my computer to write all my college papers and do research on it's own for fun...

For real man...

So...when's the next bios update EVGA?

MvdL79
SSC Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/02 23:45:50 (permalink)
And when is EVGA staff gonna give us some answers...?
...or don't they care at all?

I want to know if they are going to stick behind their products, if not, I know which brand my next rig will not contain.

Topboy007
  • Total Posts : 65
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 03:40:14 (permalink)
ALL
I thought it would be better if we did it this way.
I'm about to drop the bomb on EVGA and need your help.

Please fill in the template below with your answers so I can collate them all into ONE message from the user base and fire it off to EVGA and see what  response we get.

I feel its better that EVGA get ONE message with all the questions we want a response too rather than multiple messages from everyone.

I will ask that the response is posted back in this thread.

PLEASE BE SHORT AND TO THE POINT WITH YOUR ANSWERS.

TEMPLATE=======================================

1. What are the main issues you have with your X58 Board that could be rectified with a bios update.
2. Are there additional controllers that you feel require a ROM update due to instability with that controller.
3. What are the main issues you have as a customer of EVGA with its customer service.

END TEMPLATE=================================

Please copy and paste numbers 1, 2, & 3 in your response back to me so I can collect your answers in an orderly fashion.

Cheers

Intel Core i7 980x Cooled with Corsair H70
6Gb Corsair Dominator 2000Mhz GT DDR3
EVGA X58 Classified 3 E770 
3 EVGA GTX 580 SC in 3 way SLI
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair Obsidian 800D Case 
3 Acer GD245HQ 3D Vision Ready in 3 way surround with Nvidia 3D Vision
zalbard
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 194
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 05:46:10 (permalink)
1. Broken C6 and HPET causing high DPC and ISR latencies.
Edit: forgot to add. Double pump issue when resetting CMOS.
2. Intel RAID ROM; JMicron ROM; I think our Phoenix ACHI ROM is also outdated, but updates are pretty hard to find by myself in this case.
3. It's really good, except for timely BIOS update delivery...

post edited by zalbard - 2011/02/03 07:47:16
Alucard666
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 07:21:44 (permalink)
zalbard

2. Intel RAID ROM; JMicron ROM; I think our Phoenix ACHI ROM is also outdated, but updates are pretty hard to find by myself in this case.

+1

MvdL79
SSC Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 07:47:07 (permalink)
zalbard

+1

However I not fully agree with 3; the support and quality of EVGA's products used to be excellent, but nowadays it's really starting to lack. Just look for "bend" heatsinks. This wouldn't have happened in the early days...

Oh well... I doubt EVGA will ever read this thread, since X58 is EOL already according to EVGA.
IMHO P67 should be EOL. With the crappy bogus Intel chipset...

gorodok
  • Total Posts : 100
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 07:55:11 (permalink)
1. S3 mode(not always wakeup monitor or killer2100 network card), after wakeup, fans do not change rpm in smart mode(I bought fan controller) 
2. Intel RAID ROM; JMicron ROM; I think our Phoenix ACHI ROM is also outdated, but updates are pretty hard to find by myself in this case -Agree with this.
3. I like Evga customer service,  no problem with it. But I wish to see real effort from evga to give for us latest updates

Case: Corsair 700d
Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI Classified E760-A1
CPU: i7 940
Memory RAM: Corsar Dominator GT 6GB 2000MHz, 7-8-7-20 1.65v
Video card: 2 x EVGA GTX 590 
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200m
rafale
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1554
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 08:47:16 (permalink)
2. Intel RAID ROM; JMicron ROM; Should have been updated in a timely fashion.
3. I have not had to deal with customer service and it seems pretty good. Just that the products I have bought all had a learning curves for me to go fiddle around on my own. They never came completely problem free.  

Alucard666
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 09:06:47 (permalink)
I can't wait to see what EVGa and Dejanh come up with.

Crash Override
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 12:26:15 (permalink)
Support forums are an integral part of customer support, and judging from the lack of feedback by the evga team regarding certain CRITICAL issues in the BIOS (double pump issue : reduces the lifetime of components including - but not limited to - storage devices, ... by introducing unnecessary power surge cycles) and other (less critical) issues like antiquated ROM code, VT bug, ... we will probably never see these bugs/issues fixed because evga are a bunch of money-grabbing vultures who couldn't care less about us after our money is on their bank account.

If you REALLY want to do something about it then start posting these problem stories on ALL the tech forums/news groups on the internet : make sure that all computer users out there get to see the true face of evga.

P.S. : can't we - the customers - file a lawsuit against evga for negligence or failing to deliver products that do everything they're supposed to do or something ? A lawsuit might force evga to take our support issues more serious.
henryvits
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 141
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 12:32:01 (permalink)
1.  I have the X58 LE (757) and I have not had any issues with it, which is great. The LE doesn't have the S3 problem either.

2. Since EVGA caters mainly to enthusiasts and has been able to establish a great reputation among us, I expect them to be on the bleeding edge, not only with their hardware but also with their BIOS. Fact is, the X58 chipset is, and still will be until the end of the year, the enthusiast's platform of choice. The chipset is now three years old and really should not have any more issues left to fix. It should also have all the latest updates and features, including RAID ROMs, micro codes, etc.

3. My experience with EVGA's customer service has always been excellent. I have emailed back and forth with Jacob on several occasions, tested beta BIOS, made suggestions that ended up being implemented. RMAs have always been handled without a hitch. You can be sure that Jacob is reading all of this.

I think the problem is that something happened to the BIOS team a while ago, and they haven't been able to crank out a decent update since. You can see this by looking at the other chipsets' forums. BIOS updates have been very sparse across the board, with the X58 boards still getting updates most frequently. I just hope that my favorite hardware company will be able to get back on track and not only stay competitive but be on top.
No_Limit
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 13:34:25 (permalink)
1. What are the main issues you have with your X58 Board that could be rectified with a bios update.

EVGA Classified 3 (EVGA E770)
BCLK 200 - CPU vCore 1.35 (Core i7 920)
Speedstep :
downclock CPU Mhz --- OK
CPU vCore - doesn't work (1.35v to 0.9x)  
(with my SLi Micro and FTW3  it worked, the CPU vCore down clocks (1.35v to 0.9x)  with SPEEDSTEP)

post edited by No_Limit - 2011/02/03 13:36:58
5thduke
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3343
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 21:02:07 (permalink)
cool avatar no_limit
+ 1 please fix speed step

never attempt to remove a fly from your friends head with a meat cleaver .  

pcdoctr
  • Total Posts : 39
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 78 Released 2011/02/03 21:53:34 (permalink)
Topboy007

2. Are there additional controllers that you feel require a ROM update due to instability with that controller.
3. What are the main issues you have as a customer of EVGA with its customer service.

Please copy and paste numbers 1, 2, & 3 in your response back to me so I can collect your answers in an orderly fashion.

Cheers

1. These boards just do not seem to be RAID card friendly at all.  First LSI, now a Supermicro SAS HBA has issues. There are just not enough SATA ports. I want a mobo I can run Tri-LCD's and a Butt-Load of Hard drives.... Oh and of course it has to be screaming fast and realiable.

2. Freakin yeah!!!!    LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i (sent back),  Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8. I pray that when I drop $1200 on an Areca ARC-1880ix-16-4G that it will work on the board.  They say there is no address space left for many RAID controllers to operate in. Really? Sounds like a company problem to me.  Fix it!!!

3. Being sent a different board board back (e760) to replace my BIOS borked e759 which I paid EVGA $500 for  in March of 2009 to have it overnighted to me at introduction. When a different replacement was just sent to me, I was never given an option or asked if this was even OK......   I am still pissed about this crap.  Taking 9 days to get a 2nd day advanced RMA replacement. That was $40 wasted.  I actually ended up buying a classified 3 to replace it. I am thinking this was a mistake now. Having to nag EVGA about when is this? When is it coming etc.. and so on. I really feel the urge to medicate before dealing with this company now.
post edited by pcdoctr - 2011/02/03 21:56:29

ASUS Rampage V Extreme (1401 BIOS) | Core i7-5930K @ 4.375GHz | Corsair 600T | G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (4x8GB) 2666MHz | Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD | GELID GC-Extreme TIM | 4x Samsung 850 EVOs RAID 0 | eVGA SuperNova P2 1200 | Sony Blu-ray Burner | 2 Hitachi 4TB HDD's| eVGA 980FTW + 2 ASUS 27" LED + Acer 32"4K | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Crown XTi 4000 1200w/p/ch Amp JBL JRX125 speakers | Klipsch RW-12d Sub | Win 8.1 Pro MCE | Logitech Orion Spark G910 Mech Keyboard| Logitech G700s
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 26
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile