Helpful ReplyEVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
liquid0124
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/02/20 19:00:00 (permalink)
I recently purchased a Z20 keyboard and X17 mouse. When I launch EVGA Unleash I see the splash screen, but can not see the program itself. The mouse and keyboard work but I can not customize anything. I installed version 1.0.3.1 .
post edited by liquid0124 - 2021/02/20 19:11:28
Spasm555
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/20 19:47:06 (permalink)
Same issue, I'm also wondering if my settings will stay after returning to Windows 7 since I use that much more often...I can't deal with that rainbow all day long lol.

Mine didn't even get rid of my Logitech Keyboard driver, but I was offline in all fairness, so much for plug it in and enjoy.
post edited by Spasm555 - 2021/02/20 19:52:37
liquid0124
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/20 19:57:42 (permalink)
I guess I should add, running windows 10 pro, fully updated OS and drivers. Keyboard and mouse show up as generic in device manager.
Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/20 20:04:47 (permalink)
Again, same. I tried on Windows 7 and it crashed, which I expected after realizing it was Windows 10 based. Hoping it has memory at least when i go back. I did my Unleash on 10 Prox64 as well. Maybe we should try hopping back a version of Unleash? Other people had software at least.
Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/21 15:26:34 (permalink)
Mine is showing up as a keyboard and mouse, with nothing plugged in on the single cord, tried moving it from my PS/2 combo port and it reinstalled that way again.

There is no older version of Unleash I can find either. Anyone know how to grab the copy working all over the boards? I CAN at least set the colors with the keys, haven't been able to test much else yet as I'm more concerned with a GPU issue lol.
EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
  • Total Posts : 1026
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 10:17:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2021/02/22 11:07:00
If you had installed Precision X1 as well as installed LED Sync. Please uninstall LED Sync and Unleash RGB then reinstall Unleash RGB. The old LED Sync is not compatible and out team is currently working on an updated LED Sync application. 

Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 10:36:38 (permalink)
EVGATech_JamesL
If you had installed Precision X1 as well as installed LED Sync. Please uninstall LED Sync and Unleash RGB then reinstall Unleash RGB. The old LED Sync is not compatible and out team is currently working on an updated LED Sync application. 

Thank you!

I tried everything from the Z10 software to the fake firmware update lol...but i'm also having an issue where adding ANY new hardware makes my 3090 jump to 200% power during load (like plugging in the keyboard) at the moment, been back and forth with support, so it was really the least of my concerns...got any insight on that issue?

I know here is not the place, but if you do could you provide me any contact beside twitter?

You seem to be the one with all the answers about this sort of thing, figured it couldn't hurt to ask lol.
EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 10:41:04 (permalink)
The Z10 software is not compatible with the z20. I can only suggest to uninstall PX1, LED Sync, Unleash RGB then delete the EVGA folders that maybe in Program Data and App Data then restart. Then install PX1 without LED sync and Unleash RGB. 

Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 10:42:10 (permalink)
Oh I realized that soon enough heh. Gonna go give it a try now.
Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 11:04:22 (permalink)
EVGATech_JamesL
The Z10 software is not compatible with the z20. I can only suggest to uninstall PX1, LED Sync, Unleash RGB then delete the EVGA folders that maybe in Program Data and App Data then restart. Then install PX1 without LED sync and Unleash RGB. 

No good. I removed everything EVGA I could find with all three* uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled just PX1 without LED Sync, then Unleash, still just closes. It also messed with PX1 LED page functionality a bit lol...but nothing major, so whatever.

I did get it to open after installing the Z10 Keyboard Unleash and then this Unleash but when it did it couldn't detect my Keyboard.

It shows in devices and printers though as an EVGA Z20 (as a Keyboard and a Mouse) with nothing else plugged into it.

Firmware Update says "Product Not Found". Idk.
post edited by Spasm555 - 2021/02/22 11:24:03
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30963
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 11:23:54 (permalink)
When installing ...are you getting several security alerts - generated in Windows 10 ... "blocked program" ... you need to: check "Windows Security"

"Allow an App through Controlled folder access"  ---> if you noticed a Security pop-up during the Software's install

Also check the: "Recently blocked apps"

Handy step by step how to:   Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access

I go offline to install, then shut down All background software - yep, even security software 

Still not working ? - Try a Cold reboot .... shutdown & unplug anything plugged into the wall ... hold start button 10 seconds, plug everything back into the wall & boot

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 11:51:30 (permalink)
Nothing at all, I don't have windows protecting anything I can avoid. It installs with no warnings whatsoever. I can't stop half the security software or I would lol...but regardless it shows nothing during install. Actually Windows was yelling at me to turn on Controlled Folder Access hahaha.

As for the start button, just calling it the start button throws me entirely...I was offline, half my services are off (the internet services I can shut off in Windows 10), I much prefer 7 but thats not an option here.

If you mean the Windows Key (i'm still trying to figure out this keyboard), I'll give it a try...else I assume he means the power button...in my case that would boot me into the BIOS automatically.

I don't have any other protection running on this drive, I just use it for single player VR and things like this as of right now. Tried running as Admin as well, I am the only user, etc.

I got it open once by removing all three cords and using just the keyboard cord, but it was a blank screen when I did.
Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 12:53:00 (permalink)
Got it, needed to press the G/PC Key (I did it during Unleashed RGB loading), but I doubt that mattered.

Program is open, so before I close it to be sure...I'm gonna change my color presets lol.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30963
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 13:10:55 (permalink)
Spasm555
Nothing at all, I don't have windows protecting anything I can avoid. It installs with no warnings whatsoever. I can't stop half the security software or I would lol...but regardless it shows nothing during install. Actually Windows was yelling at me to turn on Controlled Folder Access hahaha.

As for the start button, just calling it the start button throws me entirely...I was offline, half my services are off (the internet services I can shut off in Windows 10), I much prefer 7 but thats not an option here.

If you mean the Windows Key (i'm still trying to figure out this keyboard), I'll give it a try...else I assume he means the power button...in my case that would boot me into the BIOS automatically.

I don't have any other protection running on this drive, I just use it for single player VR and things like this as of right now. Tried running as Admin as well, I am the only user, etc.

I got it open once by removing all three cords and using just the keyboard cord, but it was a blank screen when I did.

Power button on the PC case ... this discharges the capacitors in the PC = A True Cold Boot - as Windows never truly powers off a modern PC, when you shutdown Windows ... power is still running to the MB

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 13:15:14 (permalink)
Well power button versus start button, two entirely different stories lol.

Anyways, issue solved, I have to keep pressing Gaming/PC key during Unleash RGB loading...ridiculous as that is. but it saved my settings fine.

Now I got a GPU to diagnose, been post poned for way too long. Good luck fellas, hope this helps.
liquid0124
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 21:20:57 (permalink)
I tried everything that you suggested. It still only shows the splash screen and won't load. I switched USB ports and windows identified them correctly, I check device manager and they show up as generic keyboard or mouse...
Spasm555
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/22 22:11:42 (permalink)
liquid0124
I tried everything that you suggested. It still only shows the splash screen and won't load. I switched USB ports and windows identified them correctly, I check device manager and they show up as generic keyboard or mouse...

Check under Devices and Printers in the old style control panel, if it shows EVGA Z20 there, its been identified...I don't know who exactly you tried everything from, but this is EXACTLY what I did...

Uninstalled LED Sync, then Unleash, then Precision X

Wen't to "C:\Program Files (x86)\" and "C:\Program Files", found the EVGA folder in each and deleted the entire folder, same with "username\appdata" Local, LocalLow (I had nothing here), and Roaming

I found nothing in Program Data, I believe they meant the other two folders above as it holds your config an such.

Went into Printers and Devices and uninstalled the EVGA Z20 Keyboard by right clicking and clicking "Remove device", that cleans everything out so you can just use your mouse to SHUT DOWN your PC.

Hit the switch on the back of your Power Supply or simply unplug your PC for a minute (after it shuts down all the way...fans stop spinning etc.)

I unplugged the keyboard and looked for the ONE cord with a Keyboard Symbol on it, plugged that in alone and restarted my PC.

Once I got into windows, after everything loaded normally (it should also reinstall the Keyboard), check Devices and Printer again...as long as you see the Keyboard:

Reinstall Precision X but do NOT check LED Sync when prompted during installation.

Reinstall Unleash RGB.

I had to load it a few times, while pressing the key with the EVGA Logo on it (top left most key) that says G/PC.

Even now I have to load it multiple times while pressing that key randomly and hope I get lucky, but I have been able to load it both times after restarting the program 2-3 times and hitting that key at random points during the splash screen.

When it doesn't load properly hitting that key I get the same as you, splash screen and it closes. Need to go to the start menu and run it again (I also ran it as an administrator)...sometimes once, sometimes 4 times. I don't even know what I did to be honest, but it worked lol.

If that doesn't work, I can't help...as I still need to do that in order to open the program myself, and I have no intention of touching anything to troubleshoot and possibly losing what is working lol.

Sorry, but I do hope it works for you as well.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10098
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/23 00:05:32 (permalink)
Things to try is make sure windows is updated. Uninstall all EVGA software and reinstall it without LED Sync finally make sure anti virus software you might be using isn’t blocking it from starting. I have ran into issues with new software with few users causing issues before with Norton but by now that shouldn’t be much of an issue anymore as the mouse and keyboards are making it into peoples hands.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

liquid0124
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/23 03:56:02 (permalink)
Spasm555
liquid0124

Check under Devices and Printers in the old style control panel, if it shows EVGA Z20 there, its been identified...I don't know who exactly you tried everything from, but this is EXACTLY what I did...

Wen't to "C:\Program Files (x86)\" and "C:\Program Files", found the EVGA folder in each and deleted the entire folder, same with "username\appdata" Local, LocalLow (I had nothing here), and Roaming

I found nothing in Program Data, I believe they meant the other two folders above as it holds your config an such.

Went into Printers and Devices and uninstalled the EVGA Z20 Keyboard by right clicking and clicking "Remove device", that cleans everything out so you can just use your mouse to SHUT DOWN your PC.

Hit the switch on the back of your Power Supply or simply unplug your PC for a minute (after it shuts down all the way...fans stop spinning etc.)

I unplugged the keyboard and looked for the ONE cord with a Keyboard Symbol on it, plugged that in alone and restarted my PC.

Once I got into windows, after everything loaded normally (it should also reinstall the Keyboard), check Devices and Printer again...as long as you see the Keyboard:

Reinstall Precision X but do NOT check LED Sync when prompted during installation.

Reinstall Unleash RGB.

I had to load it a few times, while pressing the key with the EVGA Logo on it (top left most key) that says G/PC.

Even now I have to load it multiple times while pressing that key randomly and hope I get lucky, but I have been able to load it both times after restarting the program 2-3 times and hitting that key at random points during the splash screen.

When it doesn't load properly hitting that key I get the same as you, splash screen and it closes. Need to go to the start menu and run it again (I also ran it as an administrator)...sometimes once, sometimes 4 times. I don't even know what I did to be honest, but it worked lol.

If that doesn't work, I can't help...as I still need to do that in order to open the program myself, and I have no intention of touching anything to troubleshoot and possibly losing what is working lol.

Spasm555
liquid0124

Reinstall Unleash RGB.

I tried all of your steps and then I unplugged my keyboard and mouse (I have a track ball) before restarting. After restarting and installing Precision and Unleashed, I plugged in my keyboard, it was detected properly, opened Unleashed and it worked. I then plugged in my X17 mouse and the window closed. Unleashed would not open after this, unplugged the mouse and it opened just fine...

EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/24 17:59:54 (permalink)
Please make sure you dont have LED sync installed from the Precision X1 installer. Also are both the keyboard and mice plugged directly into the system or into an external hub?

HoWxCoRe23
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/25 13:46:18 (permalink)
For my X17 All these steps don't work , please release a software update. splash screen showing up only and closes on its own a second later, the only errors I'm getting in event logs is with firmwareupdate.exe , this software is alpha at best. 
post edited by HoWxCoRe23 - 2021/02/25 14:23:51
HoWxCoRe23
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/25 14:27:40 (permalink)
Faulting application name: FirmwareUpdate.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x8310b159
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.804, time stamp: 0xb610d74d
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012a8b2
Faulting process id: 0x3558
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70bbe5975fad0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Unleash RGB\FWUpdate\FirmwareUpdate.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: a5c0fcec-5d3c-4611-ba9e-9906032cfe74
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
liquid0124
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/25 20:50:31 (permalink)
I tried all of the steps above with only the keyboard. And I can not get Unleash to load. All it does is check firmware for the keyboard and says no update needed. I don't believe that my mouse is faulty.
liquid0124
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/25 20:59:52 (permalink)
HoWxCoRe23
Faulting application name: FirmwareUpdate.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x8310b159
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.804, time stamp: 0xb610d74d
Faulting process id: 0x3558
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70bbe5975fad0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Unleash RGB\FWUpdate\FirmwareUpdate.exe
Report Id: a5c0fcec-5d3c-4611-ba9e-9906032cfe74

I get a similar error

Keyboard only plugged in.
Faulting process id: 0x4204
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70bfbbbcf5e53
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 50af608d-e211-4832-b7a2-8d2c5dda2b55

With both plugged in:
Faulting process id: 0x3094
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70bfc00d26831
Report Id: a1be727b-365e-4f14-a805-2f6b89491186
EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/26 11:14:16 (permalink)

HoWxCoRe23
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/26 11:39:24 (permalink)
EVGATech_JamesL
New update is now available EVGA UNLEASH RGB v1.0.4

https://www.evga.com/support/download/showdlinfo.aspx?id=17521&type=N&acctype=Unleash%20RGB&accversion=1.0.4&part_number=Z20,%20Z15 

I appreciate the attempt , i have installed and still encountering the same issue. Opens for a split second, closes immediately.

Faulting application name: FirmwareUpdate.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xe189ed58
Faulting process id: 0x544
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70c76cdd8424a
Report Id: 5ca4776b-0a3d-4f83-826c-3949f39ce975
HoWxCoRe23
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/26 11:43:54 (permalink)
Also ,this is a new event log error in the viewer: 

Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Management.ManagementException
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(System.Management.ManagementStatus)
at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
at FirmwareUpdate.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.initialUsbPnp()
at FirmwareUpdate.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel..ctor(Prism.Events.IEventAggregator)
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Object, System.Uri)
at FirmwareUpdate.Views.MainWindow.InitializeComponent()
at FirmwareUpdate.Views.MainWindow..ctor()
Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
at Unity.Processors.ConstructorProcessor+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<GetResolverDelegate>b__0(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.Processors.MemberProcessor`2+<>c__DisplayClass8_0[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<GetResolver>b__0(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.Processors.MemberProcessor`2+<>c__DisplayClass8_0[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<GetResolver>b__0(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.UnityContainer+<>c__DisplayClass111_0.<OptimizingFactory>b__0(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.Strategies.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.UnityContainer+<>c.<.ctor>b__73_1(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.UnityContainer.Unity.IUnityContainer.Resolve(System.Type, System.String, Unity.Resolution.ResolverOverride[])
at Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.Resolve(Unity.IUnityContainer, System.Type, Unity.Resolution.ResolverOverride[])
at Prism.Unity.Ioc.UnityContainerExtension.Resolve(System.Type)
at Prism.Ioc.IContainerProviderExtensions.Resolve[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Prism.Ioc.IContainerProvider)
at FirmwareUpdate.App.CreateShell()
at Prism.PrismApplicationBase.Initialize()
at Prism.PrismApplicationBase.InitializeInternal()
at Prism.PrismApplicationBase.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at FirmwareUpdate.App.Main()

EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/26 13:32:45 (permalink)
Looks more like a Windows issue. I would suggest uninstalling all the EVGA software and restart. Then install  .NET framework v4.6.1 https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=49981 and then the latest version of Unleash. 

liquid0124
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/26 14:45:35 (permalink)
EVGATech_JamesL
Looks more like a Windows issue. I would suggest uninstalling all the EVGA software and restart. Then install  .NET framework v4.6.1  and then the latest version of Unleash. 

I downloaded it and tried to run it and got the message that it or a newer version was already installed. Tried the new version of Unleash and it opens for a second and closes. 
post edited by liquid0124 - 2021/02/26 14:51:35
liquid0124
Re: EVGA Unleash RGB won't show on screen 2021/02/26 14:50:57 (permalink)
I also have this in my event logs

Event  1000,Application Error:
Faulting application name: FirmwareUpdate.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xe189ed58
Faulting process id: 0x49c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70c912d4e08c1
Report Id: 755517c8-ff70-4d3c-af56-980749436980

Event 1026,.NET Runtime
Application: FirmwareUpdate.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Management.ManagementException
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(System.Management.ManagementStatus)
at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
at FirmwareUpdate.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.initialUsbPnp()
at FirmwareUpdate.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel..ctor(Prism.Events.IEventAggregator)
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Object, System.Uri)
at FirmwareUpdate.Views.MainWindow.InitializeComponent()
at FirmwareUpdate.Views.MainWindow..ctor()
Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
at Unity.Processors.ConstructorProcessor+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<GetResolverDelegate>b__0(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.UnityContainer+<>c__DisplayClass111_0.<OptimizingFactory>b__0(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.Strategies.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.UnityContainer+<>c.<.ctor>b__73_1(Unity.Builder.BuilderContext ByRef)
at Unity.UnityContainer.Unity.IUnityContainer.Resolve(System.Type, System.String, Unity.Resolution.ResolverOverride[])
at Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.Resolve(Unity.IUnityContainer, System.Type, Unity.Resolution.ResolverOverride[])
at Prism.Unity.Ioc.UnityContainerExtension.Resolve(System.Type)
at Prism.Ioc.IContainerProviderExtensions.Resolve[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Prism.Ioc.IContainerProvider)
at FirmwareUpdate.App.CreateShell()
at Prism.PrismApplicationBase.Initialize()
at Prism.PrismApplicationBase.InitializeInternal()
at Prism.PrismApplicationBase.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at FirmwareUpdate.App.Main()

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile