EVGA

EVGA SuperNova G2 750 - tick tock noise (like a watch)

Author
LordAMV
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/12 15:25:19 (permalink)
hi all, lately I have been experiencing a subtle noise coming from the pc that sounds very much like what you'd hear when putting your watch up to your ear, tick tock type noise.  It is so subtle that I first thought I had a watch somewhere lying around in my office...took me weeks to figure out it was my computer.

My first thought once I recognized the noise, was to assume my HDD needed to be replaced (aka the Click of Death), so I went ahead and did that.  Unfortunately, the noise continues.  After listening more closely I think the noise is coming from the power supply.  For what it's worth, I have run Speedfan and HW Monitor and both tell me that my temps and voltages are in normal ranges.  I did just have a spat where my PC wouldn't turn on after trying to find out what the problem was (it would spontaneously turn off when I placed the left side panel on to close it up), but now the PC is running again along with the occasional tick-tock.

Has anyone encountered anything like this, or able to explain what it might be?  

1 Reply Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA SuperNova G2 750 - tick tock noise (like a watch) 2020/01/12 22:18:52 (permalink)
    Possible fan ticking noise, which would be covered under any remaining warranty..See if the noise is there only when the fan is spinning..A 750W G2 has Eco Mode that you can turn on so the fan doesn't spin during low load/temperature operation, or temporarily put something in the vent holes to keep the fan from spinning..Then see if the noise goes away or not.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile