EVGA

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere!

Author
digitalfog
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/05/21 11:54:29 (permalink)
Hello EVGA,

My company made a decision to standardize all of our servers and use EVGA 1300 watt PSU's.  I'm beginning to be concerned that this was a bad idea.  We can't find any 1300 watt psu's...everyone is out of stock. (Coming up on three weeks.)  Sure, there are scalpers on Amazon and eBay selling them for $269 to $410 dollars a piece but I am not inclined to be ripped off.

Could you please indicate whether or not more shipments are coming to your major vendors?  Thank you!

9 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/21 12:32:33 (permalink)
    Welcome to the Forum digitalfog
    I have lots of 1300 G2 Great Power Supply as well and I have a backup if needed.
    But I would not use a single Power Supply in Critical Server or a Power Supply that cannot be use for redundancy.
    You should have enough on hand for backups or what not new servers and on.
    In Stock at MicroCenter 2 in stock at Denver/Denver Tech Center Store

You can use the 1200 P2 as a backup the Cables are all the same. Amazon In Stock and Prime (Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.)

In Stock Newegg
    But Usually ships within 5 to 10 days.
                    Sold and Shipped by NeweggPurchases from these Sellers are generally covered under our Newegg Marketplace Guarantee.
    Marketplace Seller

For Stock you should Contact EVGA  Contact Customer Service or even Email Customer Service
    This is a Public Forum and a weekend so you may be waiting till Monday to here from anyone.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/05/21 12:50:25

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/21 14:42:06 (permalink)
    Not to worry because even if a product is discontinued and you need to have this same product replaced (during its warranty period), if none are available we send a product of equal or better performance. 
    digitalfog
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/21 18:47:47 (permalink)
    Thank you for the lead on MicroCenter!
    QuintLeo
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 946
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/25 16:55:06 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseR
    Not to worry because even if a product is discontinued and you need to have this same product replaced (during its warranty period), if none are available we send a product of equal or better performance. 

The G3 is NOT equal or better performance - at this point EVGA does not HAVE a replacement for any G2 series power supply that offers equal performance from a long-term reliability standpoint.

IMO you should never have shut down production of the G2 line, the G3 uses a JUNK SLEEVE BEARING FAN that is NOT going to last - a decision EVGA will be strongly regretting once the G3 hits the 2-3 year old point if you are LUCKY.

Now that vorsholk has stopped his abuse, I'm returning to folding.
     I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11071
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/29 00:07:08 (permalink)
    QuintLeo
    EVGATech_JoseR

The G3 is NOT equal or better performance - at this point EVGA does not HAVE a replacement for any G2 series power supply that offers equal performance from a long-term reliability standpoint.

IMO you should never have shut down production of the G2 line, the G3 uses a JUNK SLEEVE BEARING FAN that is NOT going to last - a decision EVGA will be strongly regretting once the G3 hits the 2-3 year old point if you are LUCKY.

I guess your car has ball bearings in the motor?
    My motor in my car had 175,000 miles on those JUNK SLEEVE BEARINGS
    The A/C units air handler in my basement and the condenser out side, both have sleeve bearing been running for 12 years. Summer and Winter, it is a heat pump.
    I have computer fans that run 24/7 for years and years with sleeve bearings. As long as the lube does not leak out they will run and run.
    Ball bearings will fail if the lube leaks out or dries up.
    Besides they have a long warranty, if a fan goes bad send it in and get a new PSU. Chances are anyone will replace the PSU before it fails anyway.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

QuintLeo
    SSC Member
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/29 01:32:24 (permalink)
    A car or truck engine has a large amount of oil compared to the amount it actually needs for just lubrication purposes, a fan does not - and a car is specifically designed to ADD MORE OIL TO IT BECAUSE those seals leak and the engine loses oil.
    Do you routinely try to drive your car for YEARS between oil checks?
    You can't even DO a check on a fan without disassembling it.
    Do you drive your car and never check the oil while running it at 80% or more of it's maximum speed most of the time?
    That's COMMON on many computer fans, in some cases the actual figure is 100% because they CAN'T be throttled.

A car engine ROUTINELY is operated at 20% or less of it's maximum power level for small car engines, 10% or less for most V6 and often less than 5% for many V8 engines.
    It's a bloody rare computer fan that EVER sees that low of usage on a folding, gaming, or mining rig except when the rig is turned off entirely, be it in a PS, a case fan, a GPU fan, or on a CPU.

One more point - car and truck engines in most cases are operated for well under 400 hours a year (taxicab, police, and long haul truckers are a partial list of exceptions - but ask the folks that maintain those type of vehicles how often they have to add oil in a year).
     Computer fans often are expected to operate 8760 hours in a year (24/365) - for an average car to get to that many hours of operation, you're talking a car with probably 300,000 or more miles on it (500k or a bit more for a long-haul trucker as those hours would be almost all Interstate miles, though some might be "at idle" at a VERY VERY LOW load while the trucker takes a nap at a rest stop).

I grant that the bearings in a car/truck engine have to handle a lot higher load/torque/stress - but they're also designed to do so and a LOT heavier duty, with the fact that the bearing seals *ARE* going to leak taken into account and designed to be dealt with through easy addition of more oil to the system.

The two cases are not compareable.

The POINT I am making is that in my experience of .... ghods, between places I've worked and my own machines, literally THOUSANDS of computer fans - I've *NEVER* seen a sleeve-bearing fan survive more than 2 years, no matter how fancy of a name it had on it, and I HAVE seen a lot of them that didn't last 6 months.
     Ball-bearing fans I've worked with and owned normally last 5+ years and high-quality ball bearing fans more commonly 10+ years, then there is my extreme case, a Rotron metal-frame fan I bough used almost 30 years ago from a surplus electronics warehouse, have had running the large majority of the time I've owned it, and it's STILL going strong.
    It's currently acting as an auxillary intake fan to my main "mining" room.

I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/29 09:45:35 (permalink)
    The only reason to change oil in a car is because of the combustion and the moisture that gets in it.
    Believe it or not, my new (5 years ago) Ford racing 306 does not leak oil, a Ford 5.0 that does not leak oil anywhere, go figure.
    I have seen HVAC fans run 24/7 no leaks, no adding oil, no combustion, run 100% load , no fail.
    I have not had more than a couple leak the fluid in my computers fans and fail. I only remember 1 leak
    Fans in my systems that have been running 24/7 for many years at 100%
    I have 17 computers, many are dual and quad socket sever, several fans per system. My fans last for years. No combustion, no need to change oil.
     The computer in my bed room has been running for well over 3 years non stop 24/7 and the fans have not failed, they run 100% speed.
    I have worked on thousands of electric motors at an electric motor shop.
    There are no grease fitting on a computer fan, grease dries up and ball bearings fail
    If they are sealed lubed with oil, well then the oil can leak just like the sleeve bearings. Buy better fans.
    Owned the years and all the systems I have worked on, I do not see fans giving up the ghost like you do. Buy better fans.
    I too have worked on thousands of systems and fans did not fail all that often.
    You saying these fans are junk is not backed up by anything but you opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
    You have no proof these fans will fail and it seems like you are trying to harm EVGA business and if it were my business I would contact
    our legal department and see what we can do about it. You have stated more than once in more than one thread.
    You don't like sleeve bearings we get it. Your opinion. Now prove these fans will fail. You can't, they have not been for sale long.

QuintLeo
    SSC Member
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/29 14:21:46 (permalink)
    You don't have the option of "buy better fans" in a power supply, you're stuck with what the manufacturer puts in there.
    I've had lots of fans last years and years - but they were all double ball bearing, mostly Delta (when a Delta Screamer lasts that long, you KNOW it was built right).

EVGA can do as they wish legally, the truth is an absolute defence against claims of slander or libel.

PS - I didn't say anything about "change of oil" in a car, I was talking about the need to ADD oil - try owning a car or truck with more than 200k miles on it, you WILL be adding oil or the engine WILL die quite quickly.

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Out of Stock Everywhere! 2017/05/29 14:34:25 (permalink)
    Even if you do not leak oil in a car you have to add oil because of burn off.
    You do not burn oil in an electric sleeved motor.
    Even ball bearings go bad when the grease dries or the oil leaks out.
    I worked for two years in an electric motor/generator/pump repair shop
    There is nothing wrong with sleeve bearings.
    I have changed just as many ball bearings as sleeved bearings.
    Truth is it is your opinion and it is just like every other opinion.
    And it is from a guy who says in another thread "2 gb  2x1gb sticks of DDR4 memory is enough in a modern system". Really

I know you will have a come back cause you just have to.
    So go ahead, I am done

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile