EVGA

EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022)

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 13
Author
Glenn18073
  • Total Posts : 38
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:52:05 (permalink)
kinsonn72
I'm sure plenty of people don't have a reason to even crack the gpu box open if buying a 1030 to step up.  I don't think EVGA sells an unopened/sealed box for a used price, but I'm just guessing.

That right there is the issue. Buying a 1030 with the sole intent of using the step-up program to get a 30 series card. Yes, it was valid under the step-up rules before the change
but it was not in the spirit of why EVGA established the step-up program. Hence permissible but shady. 

Knowing EVGA turned off the queue system due to limited supplies, this seems like a way to circumvent EVGA suspending the queue. If I was EVGA, I'd suspend the entire step-up program.
It's using a loop hole to stick the middle finger to EVGA over the queue system being suspended. Again, shady.

I'm in that queue so yea, it would annoy me that some yokel would potentially get a card ahead of me by exploiting EVGA's good will.

post edited by Glenn18073 - 2022/01/07 16:53:37
megatyler30
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:00:48 (permalink)
Glenn18073
kinsonn72
I'm sure plenty of people don't have a reason to even crack the gpu box open if buying a 1030 to step up.  I don't think EVGA sells an unopened/sealed box for a used price, but I'm just guessing.

That right there is the issue. Buying a 1030 with the sole intent of using the step-up program to get a 30 series card. Yes, it was valid under the step-up rules before the change
but it was not in the spirit of why EVGA established the step-up program. Hence permissible but shady. 

Knowing EVGA turned off the queue system due to limited supplies, this seems like a way to circumvent EVGA suspending the queue. If I was EVGA, I'd suspend the entire step-up program.
It's using a loop hole to stick the middle finger to EVGA over the queue system being suspended. Again, shady.

I'm in that queue so yea, it would annoy me that some yokel would potentially get a card ahead of me by exploiting EVGA's good will.

Using a company program within the allowed parameters is not shady, I think you're being extremely biased here. And now that you've told us why, it's pretty clear why you're trying to vilify people using this program, because you feel you'll get your card faster if EVGA doesn't honor the program which was valid when we made our decision to purchase their product. 
Grimlocks
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:02:25 (permalink)
People don't usually notice good customer service, but they never forget terrible customer service. You could have thousands of happy customers that never post their experience online, but one unhappy one will. While EVGA reserved the right to change the program at any time, it's honestly baffling that they would change this program in such a way to completely screw over thousands of people that paid real money to get into a queue. At the end of the day, grandfathering those few thousand people would make no real difference to them on a program that has been in effect for years, but doing it this way will make those people remember this for years and years. It will always be brought up on sites like reddit, discord servers, or anywhere else. For a company that usually goes out of its way to have a reputation for exceptional customer service, this seems like a very poorly thought out decision. The GPU shortage won't last forever and people definitely won't forget this.
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:05:34 (permalink)
megatyler30

Using a company program within the allowed parameters is not shady, I think you're being extremely biased here. And now that you've told us why, it's pretty clear why you're trying to vilify people using this program, because you feel you'll get your card faster if EVGA doesn't honor the program which was valid when we made our decision to purchase their product. 

Answer this, are you suggesting EVGA INTENDED to suspend the queue program and have the step-up program replace it? A simple yes/no will suffice.
Because that is what people buying 1030 cards, not opening or using them, and then stepping up are in effect doing. 

This is what shady means, to do something underhanded. It was only permissible because it was a loop-hole that EVGA hadn't realized was going to be exploited.
What does any company do once a loop-hole is detected??

Close it.

LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1794
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:11:25 (permalink)
Glenn18073
megatyler30

Answer this, are you suggesting EVGA INTENDED to suspend the queue program and have the step-up program replace it? A simple yes/no will suffice.
Because that is what people buying 1030 cards, not opening or using them, and then stepping up are in effect doing. 

This is what shady means, to do something underhanded. It was only permissible because it was a loop-hole that EVGA hadn't realized was going to be exploited.

Close it.

I don't have skins in the game so I don't really care one way or the other, and I am an EVGA for life kind of guy. I am here just for the popcorns.

That said, I don't see people are complaining about EVGA closing the loophole. It is about the way they close the loophole. Step Up window is 90-days, so they should allow people with invoice back 90-days from Jan 1 to have the choice of Stepping Up. However, that requires a lot of man power to verify each and every invoice, so, I don't think that is going to happen.

Frankly guys, from what I can read, the responses from EVGA, this is a done deal. There is no need to argue back-and-forth. EVGA won't change this policy or provide exception to anyone.

bcarg007
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:13:11 (permalink)
Glenn18073
megatyler30

Close it.

Dude, we get it, you are an Evga employee.  The fact that they sent you to join the forum a whole 7 hours ago to defend them and continue insulting their customers just adds to the list of mistakes they have made in the past 24 hours.  Maybe try digging up.
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:14:45 (permalink)
I think the way EVGA closed the loop-hole is priceless.

Everyone hates scalpers right? everyone except scalpers that is...so when a scalpers bot buys a picture of a 3080 for $2000 everyone thinks its funny----and it is.
This is the same thing. Just perhaps not solely with scalpers, though some probably are. the people that tried to circumvent the closed queue system got burned.
I have ZERO empathy for them. 
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:17:11 (permalink)
bcarg007

Dude, we get it, you are an Evga employee.  The fact that they sent you to join the forum a whole 7 hours ago to defend them and continue insulting their customers just adds to the list of mistakes they have made in the past 24 hours.  Maybe try digging up.

So because I have a differing opinion that makes me an employee?
Funny.

I doubt EVGA cares what the 8 people here posting think, be it for or against the policy change.

I'm self employed and def not for EVGA.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/07 17:19:51
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:19:09 (permalink)
LFaWolf
Step Up window is 90-days, so they should allow people with invoice back 90-days from Jan 1 to have the choice of Stepping Up. However, that requires a lot of man power to verify each and every invoice, so, I don't think that is going to happen.

EVGA does verify every invoice to include purchase dates, and prices, before allowing a step up to move from step 2 to step 3.

My assumption is that if the loophole isn’t closed, immediately, then people will start forging documents to be within the window, and EVGA wouldn’t have many ways to stop that from happening. Why do I think that? Because Reddit people do what Reddit people do, open a new loophole.

I do notice that a majority of the accounts that are referencing the 1030 purchases are brand new or relatively new accounts, and probably came from Reddit or Discord after posting about how they can’t step up, then we’re told to come demand that they be allowed to step up.
megatyler30
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:27:24 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
LFaWolf
Step Up window is 90-days, so they should allow people with invoice back 90-days from Jan 1 to have the choice of Stepping Up. However, that requires a lot of man power to verify each and every invoice, so, I don't think that is going to happen.

EVGA does verify every invoice to include purchase dates, and prices, before allowing a step up to move from step 2 to step 3.

My assumption is that if the loophole isn’t closed, immediately, then people will start forging documents to be within the window, and EVGA wouldn’t have many ways to stop that from happening. Why do I think that? Because Reddit people do what Reddit people do, open a new loophole.

I do notice that a majority of the accounts that are referencing the 1030 purchases are brand new or relatively new accounts, and probably came from Reddit or Discord after posting about how they can’t step up, then we’re told to come demand that they be allowed to step up.

I'm sure that the seller should be able to verify transactions took place at a stated time and either way, this literally only affects people for 2 weeks anyways so at most a few people would be able to do something scummy like that. 

Regarding new account, yes I did just join. I literally got my first EVGA product today, so I don't think it should be suprising that I made an account after getting my product. That said, I will likely be returning the card early next week at this point if EVGA doesn't do the reasonable thing and at least grandfather us in. If this doesn't happen, I'm certainly not going to recommend a company which has willingly screwed me out of ~$40 (more if I had broke the seal on the box, thankfully I didn't) due to sudden policy changes.
GrandWhiteTiger
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 118
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:30:32 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
LFaWolf

I've been an evga customer since I was 17, my first step up was from a 1070 to 1080 back in 2016. I am also in the 1030 camp unfortunately.
Grimlocks
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:33:17 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
LFaWolf

People are here because they thought this had to have been a mistake. No way would EVGA just completely screw over a few weeks worth of people. It would be pretty simple to do the same 14 day warranty registration window. There wouldn't be an ongoing problem of people forging documents. It would have to be people that basically got their hardware delivered in the next week or two. Regardless of whether EVGA meant to have the program used this way, it has been used this way for some time. The people that are mad now are people that have spent actual $$$ on EVGA hardware and now have been retroactively punished. The guy accusing people of being scalpers is in a queue that was free to join. He's probably the scalper here if anyone is. The whole situation is pretty ridiculous and could have been easily avoided. For me in particular, the difference in being able to join was because of a historic snow storm in the PNW delaying shipment of my 1650 I ordered in December. You guys can rationalize it all you want, but the implementation of the change is still bad customer service.
bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:52:38 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
LFaWolf

Wow, way to generalize.  Project much?  I have actually been an Evga customer for years, in 2020 I bought over $20,000 worth of Evga gear trying to upgrade my Video Editing/Post-Production company's aging hardware.  I joined a discord because when you are trying to upgrade multiple editing stations without paying double msrp, in this day and age, you have to find any advantage that you can. 

I came here because Evga is refusing to honor THEIR terms and conditions.   I am not sure why that is hard to understand.  Evga has been running the step-up program since 2004, that is 18 years.  It didn't suddenly become impossible for them to do the right thing and take care of their customers for a two-week grace period.  We are not asking for a lot here.
00joshua
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 17:55:38 (permalink)
I paid MSRP $380 for an EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING last month, and now when I go to check step-up I have zero options available.

So EVGA raised their MSRP on the 1660 super for the holidays, then took away the ability to step it up after they bought it... That's low. Really low. 

What the heck am I supposed to do now?
post edited by 00joshua - 2022/01/07 17:58:44
les_garten
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 18:00:55 (permalink)
megatyler30
the_Scarlet_one
LFaWolf

I'm sure that the seller should be able to verify transactions took place at a stated time and either way, this literally only affects people for 2 weeks anyways so at most a few people would be able to do something scummy like that. 

Regarding new account, yes I did just join. I literally got my first EVGA product today, so I don't think it should be suprising that I made an account after getting my product. That said, I will likely be returning the card early next week at this point if EVGA doesn't do the reasonable thing and at least grandfather us in. If this doesn't happen, I'm certainly not going to recommend a company which has willingly screwed me out of ~$40 (more if I had broke the seal on the box, thankfully I didn't) due to sudden policy changes.

The invoice has the timestamp on it down to the second.

The part that is so Crazy but most amusing (in a really pathetic kind of way) is that nobody in their right mind would buy a 3080Ti card.  They would buy a 3080 or maybe a 3090.  3080Ti is terrible bang for the buck.  Throw in the fact that it is now almost double the original MSRP of the 3080 and somehow someone wanting to buy one is evil because they have no other choice and need a video card is hilarious yet sad.

EVGA and others here vilifying their customers is egregious.  The global circumstances and the games that Video card manufacturers have been pulling on their customers is pretty slickening.
CalebC
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 18:02:01 (permalink)
00joshua
I paid MSRP $380 for an EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING last month, and now when I go to check step-up I have zero options available.

So EVGA raised their MSRP on the 1660 super for the holidays, then took away the ability to step it up after they bought it... That's low. Really low. 

What the heck am I supposed to do now?

You could contact the retailer that sold you the card and request a refund because the item is no longer as described. Your CC issuer may agree that this was an unfair change and may accept a charge back if pursued. Sorry that happened, best of luck!
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 18:40:18 (permalink)
les_garten
The part that is so Crazy but most amusing (in a really pathetic kind of way) is that nobody in their right mind would buy a 3080Ti card.  They would buy a 3080 or maybe a 3090.  3080Ti is terrible bang for the buck. 

I have the Kingpin 3090 and my wife has the 3080Ti FTW.  The 80Ti is a beast that runs 4K Ultra within 1-5 FPS.  No games (currently) need more than 12 GB.  It's a great value premium card.
Just saying.

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 18:44:26 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one

+1

les_garten
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 18:56:07 (permalink)
nomoss
the_Scarlet_one

+1

What has that got to do with anything.

The accounts are from Folks who bought the 1030 and got screwed.   Simplest way to sum it up.  They created an account to say hey what gives with this?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 19:00:39 (permalink)
bcarg007
Wow, way to generalize.  Project much?  I have actually been an Evga customer for years, in 2020 I bought over $20,000 worth of Evga gear trying to upgrade my Video Editing/Post-Production company's aging hardware.  I joined a discord because when you are trying to upgrade multiple editing stations without paying double msrp, in this day and age, you have to find any advantage that you can. 

I came here because Evga is refusing to honor THEIR terms and conditions.   I am not sure why that is hard to understand.  Evga has been running the step-up program since 2004, that is 18 years.  It didn't suddenly become impossible for them to do the right thing and take care of their customers for a two-week grace period.  We are not asking for a lot here.

If you company needs a proper upgrade, why not have your company use the proper avenues and work with a distributor to upgrade all of the hardware at once? Plenty of people exploited distributors to scalp cards, and legitimate businesses should have been using legitimate practices to do upgrades. It is a better avenue versus singular card purchases through a website.

I don’t know you, or your circumstances. I didn’t “call you out” or say that every single person posting has a new account, just that a majority of account on this thread mentioning the 1030 loophole closure are creating their accounts to comment on this very thread. If you get offended by that, that’s on you, because you read way too far into my reply to someone else, and decided to make assumptions after that. That’s not something I can fix for you.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/07 19:16:33
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 19:09:03 (permalink)
les_garten
Who would trust the step up program in the future?

Me.  Because I used it the way it was intended.

bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 19:14:12 (permalink)
les_garten
nomoss
the_Scarlet_one

+1

What has that got to do with anything.

The accounts are from Folks who bought the 1030 and got screwed.   Simplest way to sum it up.  They created an account to say hey what gives with this?

I know right, nothing like getting screwed by a company and them coming to their forum to only get insulted more.  Loving this Evga experience, lol
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 19:21:54 (permalink)
Glenn18073

Everyone hates scalpers right? everyone except scalpers that is...so when a scalpers bot buys a picture of a 3080 for $2000 everyone thinks its funny----and it is.
This is the same thing. Just perhaps not solely with scalpers, though some probably are. the people that tried to circumvent the closed queue system got burned.

I had empathy but the more I read here the less it looks like EVGA bad and the more it looks like EVGA stopped policy abuse.  The 1030 is a useless card for anything gaming.  The person complaining the most is mad because he can't buy the 3080Ti which he somehow insists is bad for gaming.  It's all getting very sketchy.

EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 19:28:24 (permalink)
I think the key point everyone is missing here is that the Step Up is a promotion first and I am not aware of any other manufacturer offering a similar option and the terms and conditions is clear about any changes to said promotion is at the will of EVGA management without notice as same with the extended warranty and it has been that way for a good part of the last decade so those T&C have not been altered since the promotion had started. This was going to upset some regardless of how it was done one way or another and I can assure you they worked on it multiple times over to make it fair as they could but it simply was not going to please everyone. Please note that the team could have decided to cancel the Step Up entirely as some of you have seen with the EAR program but adjustments needed to be made to ensure the spirit of the promotion was not being used in bad faith. I am obviously speaking on my own behalf because regardless of who employs me - I am still a customer just like all of you and if I were in your shoes I can't tell you how I would feel.  

While I understand for some it leaves a sour taste in their mouth and I get it. With big changes come big responsibility and I am sure the powers in charge made these changes with the hope that the system can still continue to exist and due to the current climate and how the team is navigating through it, it was a necessary change.
bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 19:30:43 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
bcarg007

If you company needs a proper upgrade, why not have your company use the proper avenues and work with a distributor to upgrade all of the hardware at once? Plenty of people exploited distributors to scalp cards, and legitimate businesses should have been using legitimate practices to do upgrades. It is a better avenue versus singular card purchases through a website.

I don’t know you, or your circumstances. I didn’t “call you out” or say that every single person posting has a new account, just that a majority of account on this thread mentioning the 1030 loophole closure are creating their accounts to comment on this very thread. If you get attacked, that’s on you, because you read way into my reply to someone else, and decided to make assumptions after that. That’s not something I can fix for you.

Yeah, that may have been an option a year ago, not anymore.  I promise I hate scalpers as much as anyone on here, because of them wait times for distributors are 6 months plus, unless you want to pay higher than scalper prices.  I am about 85% done with the purchasing at this point, I thought I was even closer until Evga just pulled the rug out from under us.  I guess the point is that every one of the new people posting here put in effort to make sure they were following Evga's rules.  We all thought we were near the point of accomplishing our goal of getting a good graphics card without getting raped too much on the price.   I hope you can understand why we feel wronged to the point of coming here to complain about it.

Anyone on here that thinks scalpers were using step-up to scalp cards has no clue how scalping works.  Scalpers use bots, that is why you can't get a card from Amazon or Best Buy anymore.  Scalpers don't pay shipping twice and tax twice, to wait 3 months to make $100 off of 1 card.  It doesn't make any sense, they buy in bulk, with minimal time or effort, just like your distributor example.  

Perhaps you didn't call me out, but as a customer that already felt wronged, I did feel a little insulted when you basically said that any recent posts were from Reddit lackeys.  I am sure I am not the only one that felt insulted by that.  Also, it's a little insulting that you keep calling a process advertised on Evga's website a loophole, it comes across pretty accusatory.  Anyway, this little exercise has only reinforced my suspicions that Evga customer service was on the decline.  Thanks for helping to clear that up. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 19:41:06 (permalink)
bcarg007
Yeah, that may have been an option a year ago, not anymore.  I promise I hate scalpers as much as anyone on here, because of them wait times for distributors are 6 months plus, unless you want to pay higher than scalper prices.  I am about 85% done with the purchasing at this point, I thought I was even closer until Evga just pulled the rug out from under us.  I guess the point is that every one of the new people posting here put in effort to make sure they were following Evga's rules.  We all thought we were near the point of accomplishing our goal of getting a good graphics card without getting raped too much on the price.   I hope you can understand why we feel wronged to the point of coming here to complain about it.

Anyone on here that thinks scalpers were using step-up to scalp cards has no clue how scalping works.  Scalpers use bots, that is why you can't get a card from Amazon or Best Buy anymore.  Scalpers don't pay shipping twice and tax twice, to wait 3 months to make $100 off of 1 card.  It doesn't make any sense, they buy in bulk, with minimal time or effort, just like your distributor example.  

Perhaps you didn't call me out, but as a customer that already felt wronged, I did feel a little insulted when you basically said that any recent posts were from Reddit lackeys.  I am sure I am not the only one that felt insulted by that.  Also, it's a little insulting that you keep calling a process advertised on Evga's website a loophole, it comes across pretty accusatory.  Anyway, this little exercise has only reinforced my suspicions that Evga customer service was on the decline.  Thanks for helping to clear that up. 

Here on the forums, there have been plenty of people that used a step up card to sell it for profit. Not every scalper has access to bots and massive inventory, some of them are just people getting what they can at MSRP, and then selling it for double.

Reddit is a toxic environment. I don’t support the Reddit mentality. People advertised “just buy the 1030 and you can bypass the queue lines” which was causing problems that we don’t get to see, and it was seen as a loophole to EVGA, so they closed it.

There are so many people in the queue for a straight purchase, and that is why I think EVGA should close the step up window after 90 days post “new product” launch. After that step up is fulfilled, the cards can go directly to the queue lines, but the queue lines and the issues with step up are brand new with the 3000 series launch, so EVGA is having to adjust because of Reddit and discord trying to find loopholes.

Just like the EAR program. It worked wonderful, until this year and the Reddit came in with its toxic ways, and ruined the program, and now that is gone.

It is always unfortunate to hear that a program that was once fantastic is having to change because of people using it in a way that it wasn’t intended.
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 19:45:37 (permalink)
Thank you Daniel.
The more I think about this the angrier I get. People using step-up to bypass the queue are just selfish. There are tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people waiting in the queue. EU can’t get a decent drop at all. Bypassing the queue is almost reverse scalping - taking away someone else’s chance who is playing not only by the rules but also by the spirit of the rules.

Sonikku13
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 20:03:33 (permalink)
Grimlocks
People don't usually notice good customer service, but they never forget terrible customer service. You could have thousands of happy customers that never post their experience online, but one unhappy one will. While EVGA reserved the right to change the program at any time, it's honestly baffling that they would change this program in such a way to completely screw over thousands of people that paid real money to get into a queue. At the end of the day, grandfathering those few thousand people would make no real difference to them on a program that has been in effect for years, but doing it this way will make those people remember this for years and years. It will always be brought up on sites like reddit, discord servers, or anywhere else. For a company that usually goes out of its way to have a reputation for exceptional customer service, this seems like a very poorly thought out decision. The GPU shortage won't last forever and people definitely won't forget this.

The only company I can rely on for good customer service? Micro Center.
EVGA used to be on that tier. Not anymore.

EVGA Associates Code: FZIRLZR4QBEK4WU
les_garten
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 20:10:11 (permalink)
nomoss
Glenn18073

I had empathy but the more I read here the less it looks like EVGA bad and the more it looks like EVGA stopped policy abuse.  The 1030 is a useless card for anything gaming.  The person complaining the most is mad because he can't buy the 3080Ti which he somehow insists is bad for gaming.  It's all getting very sketchy.

You have a reading interpretation problem.  I want a 3080.  The 3080Ti is a gouge card.  But the foreseeable future holds no 3080 cards for us.  Every reviewer out there of any note says the Ti is a gouge card.  But...   there are no 3080s ever again it seems.  Therefore I get gouged if I want a card.  Able to follow along now?
megatyler30
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 20:12:39 (permalink)
nomoss
Thank you Daniel.
The more I think about this the angrier I get. People using step-up to bypass the queue are just selfish. There are tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people waiting in the queue. EU can’t get a decent drop at all. Bypassing the queue is almost reverse scalping - taking away someone else’s chance who is playing not only by the rules but also by the spirit of the rules.

Let me just say that if I had a chance to join the queue, I would. I rather wait then have to pay ~$100 above MRSP extra. But it wasn't an option anymore at the point my last graphics card broke. I'm a very rule abiding person and if there was anything rule breaking about this, I wouldn't have tried to take part. If you want to blame anyone for the main queue not being prioritized, I would recommend you blame EVGA rather than people who simply wanted to get a graphics card but were too late to join the normal queue so had to settle with the complexity and price increases of trying to step up only for the company to pull the rug out from under them after they already bought their product.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 13
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile