EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022)

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 13
Author
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 11:55:47 (permalink)
les_garten
So I just got off the phone with a guy who said his name was Wai in customer service.

He said we are the bad guys for what is happening now.  Truly amazing "screw you" type of call.  He said the program was for someone to buy a card and then upgrade to another card.  I tried to tell him that was what I was doing, and it was under EVGA's terms of agreement at the time.  He made it sound like we were bad guys for doing this.  Un freakin believable!  I'm the bad guy for trying to spend $1500 for a 3080Ti through their own step program.

I asked to be escalated to a supervisor.  He said none of them were at work today!   This is like buying a Mail Order Camera from a 42nd St Camera shop in New York City for anyone who has done that before.  Same screw you mentality.

He said we know there are going to be unhappy customers.

Ohhh and I get to pay shipping both ways on the 1030 card.  Nice!

I went ahead and had a label set up to send that back to us once you receive it. As the Step Up terms and conditions state the promotion can be cancelled, modified, or changed without notice we do reserve the right to make changes on the fly. The Step Up queue is not a purchasing system. 
les_garten
  • Total Posts : 27
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 11:57:57 (permalink)
Mineking35
I got a 1030 on 1/03/22 am i still good to get a 3060 ti?

Ahhhhhhhhh, let me think....

NOPE!  No CARD for you!
mavergara25
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 12:01:41 (permalink)
What happened to EVGAs customer service? This type of logic is going to destroy your reputation. EVGA “ we changed the rules, we don’t care about the customers we impact” .

Did EVGA think the best way to start 2022 was to screw over a bunch of their customers?
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/07 12:20:27
Papi Wavy
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 12:08:19 (permalink)
EVGA is turning into zotac.  This is disappointing to see.  I used to pick EVGA for their dedication to the customer.  
airj1012
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 12:12:00 (permalink)
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

I understand that maybe the current program could have used an update, but to not honor cards that were purchased prior to the rule change is very unfortunate. Especially since there was no heads-up given about the upcoming changes. Many customers purchased cards with the intent of using the step-up program, and because of an already limited supply have to use non-local retailers. This means the cards were stuck in the mail during the last-minute rule change. Now that EVGA will no longer honor these cards purchased before the rule change, the customer is going to have to spend additional funds to return the card. Not ideal for building brand loyalty.

As others have mentioned here, it would benefit EVGA to honor exceptions based on cards purchased before the last-minute rule change. This would also benefit those that may have received a card over the holidays but just didn't get around to registering/stepping up their card.

I hope EVGA is able to understand this drastic change from the consumers standpoint.
post edited by airj1012 - 2022/01/07 12:14:54
Glenn18073
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 12:52:59 (permalink)
les_garten
You can call BS all you want, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  You'll just have to live with that.  I have to pay shipping both ways.  I bought the card and the terms changed 2 days later, they know this is happening.  Dude, that's why they changed it like they did.  They saw we were buying 1030's to get in the queue.  I did it, I would have bought a 3060 to get into the queue.  The guy told me this.  HE TOLD ME I WAS WRONG FOR DOING THIS
 POINTING OUT.  Here's what I'll point out, I was doing everything under THEIR terms and conditions.  You are calling me a bad guy for trying to pay $1500 for their card following their instructions.

It isn't unheard of to get an agent having a bad day but to imagine a CSR to be as blatantly rude as you suggest requires suspended disbelief. This isn't an episode of 24 so my suspended disbelief is turned off.

The stepup program is a courtesy. A goodwill gesture. Like a point/rewards program. Those change all the time and without notice. My Disney point are worthless now but I never bought a Disney movie for the points. 
To do so would be foolish and the onus of that error would be on me, not Disney. 
post edited by Glenn18073 - 2022/01/07 12:56:17
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 13:06:58 (permalink)
Glenn18073
My Disney point are worthless now but I never bought a Disney movie for the points. 
To do so would be foolish and the onus of that error would be on me, not Disney. 

Wait, what? What happened to all my Disney Points?? Where’s their forum website?!

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

bcarg007
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 13:13:10 (permalink)
Glenn18073
les_garten
You can call BS all you want, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  You'll just have to live with that.  I have to pay shipping both ways.  I bought the card and the terms changed 2 days later, they know this is happening.  Dude, that's why they changed it like they did.  They saw we were buying 1030's to get in the queue.  I did it, I would have bought a 3060 to get into the queue.  The guy told me this.  HE TOLD ME I WAS WRONG FOR DOING THIS
 POINTING OUT.  Here's what I'll point out, I was doing everything under THEIR terms and conditions.  You are calling me a bad guy for trying to pay $1500 for their card following their instructions.

It isn't unheard of to get an agent having a bad day but to imagine a CSR to be as blatantly rude as you suggest requires suspended disbelief. This isn't an episode of 24 so my suspended disbelief is turned off.

The stepup program is a courtesy. A goodwill gesture. Like a point/rewards program. Those change all the time and without notice. My Disney point are worthless now but I never bought a Disney movie for the points. 

No, this would be more like buying Disney points, because it is the only way Disney will allow you to buy a movie.  Then on their website, it says buying points is approved by Disney as a way to get a Disney movie.  Then after you buy the points, which are useless otherwise, Disney decides to cancel that method of getting a Disney movie and then you are stuck with a bunch of useless points that you paid money for.
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 13:49:01 (permalink)
nomoss
Wait, what? What happened to all my Disney Points?? Where’s their forum website?!

lol. The points are still there, I think, just what you can redeem them for changed. Gone are the good things I always picked and saved for.

bcarg007
No, this would be more like buying Disney points

I don't see it that way. The step-up is a voluntary program from EVGA, a way to thank consumers that might regret not getting a more capable card. EVGA offers you a chance to get back every cent you paid for your card, tax and shipping not withstanding as those are funds not allocated to EVGA.

The points Disney offers is a reward, a "thank you".  Both programs are a benefit to the consumer but should not be the sole factor in choosing them over other options.

bcarg007
because it is the only way Disney will allow you to buy a movie. 

A) EVGA doesn't advertise or promote the step-up program as purchase program. 
B) It is certainly not the only means of acquiring an EVGA card. 

bcarg007
Then on their website, it says buying points is approved by Disney as a way to get a Disney movie.  Then after you buy the points, which are useless otherwise, Disney decides to cancel that method of getting a Disney movie and then you are stuck with a bunch of useless points that you paid money for. 

The purpose and intent behind the step-up program is mitigate buyers remorse. It is not intended as a primary purchase method. Really, did they need to state as much on the site? That's akin to McDonalds having to state on the cup of (non iced) coffee that it's HOT. Like, duh. But we live in a millennial world so I suppose EVGA will need to. 

post edited by Glenn18073 - 2022/01/07 13:50:19
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 13:53:25 (permalink)
bcarg007
No, this would be more like buying Disney points, because it is the only way Disney will allow you to buy a movie.  Then on their website, it says buying points is approved by Disney as a way to get a Disney movie.  Then after you buy the points, which are useless otherwise, Disney decides to cancel that method of getting a Disney movie and then you are stuck with a bunch of useless points that you paid money for.

A better analogy would be that you bought a 4k BluRay Player and then bought a DVD to play in it because sony said you could upgrade to a 4k Blu-ray later. You still have a GPU that functions at its intended price range, it’s just not the one you wanted in the end. Points aren’t a physical item, anyone that bought a GT1030 has a physical item.
bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 14:02:09 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
bcarg007

A better analogy would be that you bought a 4k BluRay Player and then bought a DVD to play in it because sony said you could upgrade to a 4k Blu-ray later. You still have a GPU that functions at its intended price range, it’s just not the one you wanted in the end. Points aren’t a physical item, anyone that bought a GT1030 has a physical item.

So, you have no issue with the fact that Evga allowed their customers to buy crappy, outdated cards, specifically with the intent to use the step-up program to get a better card and then left them all holding the bag by cancelling it with zero notice?  Evga can claim what the "intent" of the program was, but that is certainly not how it has been used, for literally years.  If that is really how you feel, then you and Glen make two.  Everyone that is not beholden to Evga feels differently, as displayed here, on Discord, on Reddit, etc.  Even Evga knows it is shady.
bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 14:05:57 (permalink)
To be clear, I have zero issue with Evga changing their step-up program.  My only issue is that their customers purchased cards to step-up, based on the terms and conditions set by Evga and now Evga is choosing not to honor them.
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 14:07:45 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
bcarg007

Wouldn't it be the other way around?
You bought a DVD player on the belief it could be upgraded to 4K and went ahead and bought 4K movies before getting the 4K player?
This only applies to the person that built a computer around a GPU they don't have and that this GPU was predicated on getting it via the step-up program. This person is not why EVGA created the step-up program.
It was created for the person that bought a card thinking it will suffice only to find out---it will not. 

Either way, EVGA changing the terms of a program that solely benefits the consumer is their prerogative.
For those that say EVGA makes out because they sold the stepped up card is discounting the reality that now EVGA has a lesser USED card to deal with and the new card didn't sell for any more than it would have sold
for through any licensed reseller, all without the hassle of accepting used cards. Those cards require manpower to be processed, manpower costs $$$. 

Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 14:14:51 (permalink)

bcarg007
So, you have no issue with the fact that Evga allowed their customers to buy crappy, outdated cards, specifically with the intent to use the step-up program to get a better card and then left them all holding the bag by cancelling it with zero notice?  Evga can claim what the "intent" of the program was, but that is certainly not how it has been used, for literally years.  If that is really how you feel, then you and Glen make two.  Everyone that is not beholden to Evga feels differently, as displayed here, on Discord, on Reddit, etc.  Even Evga knows it is shady.

People that had their shady back-door slammed shut in their face are the ones not happy.
I have been waiting in the front door queue since...March? wow, it's been a while. 
I bought another card to use hoping it will work well enough but it lags and takes forever to do certain things.
If my step-up is cancelled, I'm not going to be happy but I didn't buy the card expressly to step-up. I bought it
to replace an older card and act as a stepping stone until my queue spot comes up. It will continue to do that
until such time as that happens. 

People need to stop throwing tantrums because Daddy discovered you were sneaking out of the house and 
he installed an alarm to catch you. 

Sonikku13
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 14:42:06 (permalink)
Glenn18073

bcarg007

People that had their shady back-door slammed shut in their face are the ones not happy.
I have been waiting in the front door queue since...March? wow, it's been a while. 
I bought another card to use hoping it will work well enough but it lags and takes forever to do certain things.
If my step-up is cancelled, I'm not going to be happy but I didn't buy the card expressly to step-up. I bought it
to replace an older card and act as a stepping stone until my queue spot comes up. It will continue to do that

People need to stop throwing tantrums because Daddy discovered you were sneaking out of the house and 

Most people agree this was a necessary change, and they support it. GT cards were clearly being used by miners and scalpers to abuse the system.

However, many people disagree in how they pulled the rug from people who purchased cards before the new rules were implemented.

Especially knowing 3050 and 3090 Ti were announced two days before EVGA announced these changes.

Before these changes, EVGA Step Up page was an internet advertisement about a program allowing you to turn any three year warranty card into a new card.

Truth-in-advertising laws protect consumers from retroactive changes. And the people who you claim are throwing tantrums… they’ll be filing FTC complaints.

EVGA Associates Code: FZIRLZR4QBEK4WU
les_garten
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 15:05:07 (permalink)
Glenn18073

bcarg007

Thank God you joined 5 hours ago to let us know about 2 very bad phenomena that are occurring.

1) How shady we are to be trying to buy a 3080Ti card
2)  All this Disney Points Skullduggery going on

there's no net difference for EVGA,  you tell me why EVGA should care either way?

1030 >>  3080Ti
3060 >>  3080Ti

At the end of the day the money is about the same.  Taxes being the difference.  Both Paths reimburse the seed card cost.  How is this Shady?  EVGA sold me the 1030 card, who's being Shady again?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 15:24:08 (permalink)
bcarg007

First and foremost, don't misquote someone on purpose.  

Second and most importantly, step up was NEVER intended to be a store checkout line for upgrades.

If you want to take my opinion to reddit and discord, feel free, and realize that my opinion is mine alone and nothing to do with EVGA, but I think EVGA messed up with the new terms.  How would I correct it?  Put the step-up program into its roots, and make it exactly what it was intended to be.  Step up should be available 90 days from the launch of a new product, no longer, period.  After 90 days, from the launch of a brand new product, the product is permanently removed from the step up program.  End users want to purchase a 1030, congrats, you own a 1030.

Do I agree with instant, no notice changes, no.  Did people abuse the system "because they could" yes. 

You can run back to reddit and say I have a differing opinion, but Reddit and Discord got the EAR program cancelled, so I would love to see people find honest ways to upgrade rather than looking for every short cut that causes good programs to get cancelled due to severe abuse.  
megatyler30
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 15:31:06 (permalink)
Hi, I bought the 1030 on 12/31 for the purposes of stepping up to the 3060 and, according to the policy when I decided to make the purchase, this was a valid option. Now after getting the product delivered today, I see that the policy suddenly changed between when I ordered your product and when it was delivered. Given there was no advance notice of 14 days which would be reasonable so no customers would end up screwed, I would heavily appreciate if you could honor your policy if the card was purchased (with invoice proof) before the update to the policy.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 15:32:13 (permalink)
Glenn18073
Wouldn't it be the other way around?
You bought a DVD player on the belief it could be upgraded to 4K and went ahead and bought 4K movies before getting the 4K player?
This only applies to the person that built a computer around a GPU they don't have and that this GPU was predicated on getting it via the step-up program. This person is not why EVGA created the step-up program.
It was created for the person that bought a card thinking it will suffice only to find out---it will not. 

Either way, EVGA changing the terms of a program that solely benefits the consumer is their prerogative.
For those that say EVGA makes out because they sold the stepped up card is discounting the reality that now EVGA has a lesser USED card to deal with and the new card didn't sell for any more than it would have sold
for through any licensed reseller, all without the hassle of accepting used cards. Those cards require manpower to be processed, manpower costs $$$. 

No, not by any means.  You wouldn't buy a DVD player (CPU, Motherboard, Ram, PSU) knowing you have only 4K BluRay (GPU) at home on the shelf, would you?  No, because the DVD player could never use a BluRay much less a 4k Bluray.  Would you currently go out and buy an z67 Motherboard and a i3 CPU as well as DDR3 ram to put any 30 series GPU into it?  No, because it wouldn't have the outcome you would want.  

The Step-up program was intended to protect users that had purchased hardware, and THEN a new product was released.  It was NEVER intended for people to come out a year later, buy old hardware with the intent of stepping up to new hardware.  Like I said above, in my opinion, EVGA should limit step-ups to the first 90 days of a new launch, and nothing more. it isn't intended to be used the way it has been. Reddit and Discord have already found ways to get EAR's cancelled, as well as multiple other programs, and reddit and discord should stop ruining everything for the loyal members.  This is not EVGAs fault that those two platforms abused a system that worked well for so long.
CalebC
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 15:32:56 (permalink)
megatyler30
Hi, I bought the 1030 on 12/31 for the purposes of stepping up to the 3060 and, according to the policy when I decided to make the purchase, this was a valid option. Now after getting the product delivered today, I see that the policy suddenly changed between when I ordered your product and when it was delivered. Given there was no advance notice of 14 days which would be reasonable so no customers would end up screwed, I would heavily appreciate if you could honor your policy if the card was purchased (with invoice proof) before the update to the policy.

EVGA has already stated multiple times they have no intent of honoring step up for people in your situation. The benefits that were advertised at the time you purchased the product have been retroactively terminated.
kinsonn72
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 15:41:17 (permalink)
I purchased a 1660 Super for Christmas and found out my monitor/system cannot operate at its full potential with it installed.  I did not return the card because I found out about the step-up program.  I was deciding between two cards to step up to, and told myself to finalize this weekend.  Thank you EVGA for sticking me with a GPU that is useless for my system and giving me no warning of these rule changes that absolutely screw a life-long customer. It's pretty telling of how severely messed up you are being when even your employees are livid with how you've handled this; slamming your customer service reps on a Friday with no supervisors even showing up to work to help them.  I'm not trying to abuse the system.  I've never used step-up before.  I only game and am looking for an suitable upgrade for my ancient GPU.  I hope I don't have to boycott any EVGA product I see just because I'll be reminded of this every time I see your brand.
megatyler30
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 15:44:18 (permalink)
CalebC
megatyler30

EVGA has already stated multiple times they have no intent of honoring step up for people in your situation. The benefits that were advertised at the time you purchased the product have been retroactively terminated.

Honestly, this is very disrespectful as a consumer. Regardless of the intended use case (which honestly I wasn't even quite sure), to retroactively cancel a policy which a consumer wanted to use and seemed to fit the rules at the time is very anti-consumer. And ultimately now I'm going to have to hope that Central Computers will accept my return and still be out a lot of money for restocking and shipping.
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:00:15 (permalink)
les_garten

there's no net difference for EVGA,  you tell me why EVGA should care either way?

1030 >>  3080Ti
3060 >>  3080Ti

At the end of the day the money is about the same.  Taxes being the difference.  Both Paths reimburse the seed card cost.  How is this Shady?  EVGA sold me the 1030 card, who's being Shady again?

Have you factored in the internal costs EVGA contends with when they receive your used card? or are you completely discounting that? Yes, that card can be resold but not for the retail price it was sold to you for
and it will have even more overhead, ie; the manpower dealing with it once you returned it.
The shady part is when people buy the cheapest card with the express purpose of using the step-up program to swap it for a 30xx card that would ordinarily be harder to get, possibly not be available for retail
and take longer. That is the quintessential definition of shady. 

shady

[ˈSHādē] 
ADJECTIVE
situated in or full of shade.
informal

of doubtful honesty or legality.
synonyms:
suspicious · suspect · questionable · dubious · doubtful · of dubious character · disreputable · untrustworthy · dishonest · dishonorable · devious 

post edited by Glenn18073 - 2022/01/07 16:09:48
megatyler30
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:16:25 (permalink)
Glenn18073
les_garten

1030 >>  3080Ti
3060 >>  3080Ti

Have you factored in the internal costs EVGA contends with when they receive your used card? or are you completely discounting that? Yes, that card can be resold but not for the retail price it was sold to you for
and it will have even more overhead, ie; the manpower dealing with it once you returned it.
The shady part is when people buy the cheapest card with the express purpose of using the step-up program to swap it for a 30xx card that would ordinarily be harder to get, possibly not be available for retail

shady

[ˈSHādē] 
ADJECTIVE
situated in or full of shade.
informal

synonyms:
suspicious · suspect · questionable · dubious · doubtful · of dubious character · disreputable · untrustworthy · dishonest · dishonorable · devious 

I don't see what's wrong with a customer using a business's program in accordance to the rules of the program. At no point is anyone trying to stepup a 1030 being dishonest, they're simply using an available company program as per the rules (or at least this was the case before it was suddenly changed without any warning). If the policy is bad for EVGA it makes sense to change it, yes, but it also doesn't make sense to suddenly change it without any warning knowing that people may have bought a graphics card which was valid under the policy upon purchase date. Additionally, according to the new rules it seems I should be eligible to at least still upgrade to the 1650 but even despite that it's not even allowing that as an option on the site.
les_garten
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:17:02 (permalink)
Glenn18073
les_garten

1030 >>  3080Ti
3060 >>  3080Ti

This was their deal, I didn't set it up.

Both cards are used.

Well, except my card wouldn't have been used, because I would not have cracked the seal on it.

The step up program takes back used cards, that's what it does, you have no point here.

GrandWhiteTiger
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 118
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:22:58 (permalink)
Glenn18073
les_garten

1030 >>  3080Ti
3060 >>  3080Ti

shady

[ˈSHādē] 
ADJECTIVE
situated in or full of shade.informal

synonyms:

When did using a program as stated become shady? I didn't break any rules, a GT 1030 is a 3 year warranty card that ends in -kr that qualifies for step up. It was quite clear on what was acceptable and what was not. I'm not twisting their words, or taking advantage of them. They offer the program, I use it. Jacob Freeman, the product director at EVGA has stated that any 3 year warranty card that ends with a -kr qualified for step up multiple times on twitter.

Regardless, every person is limited to one step up per stepped up model, so no one is able to buy 10 GT 1030's, step them all up and flip it.

I followed the rules as stated.

I have absolutely no problem with the new rules, none, only the retroactive fact that my 1030 I purchased and registered in December no longer qualifies. Going forward? That's perfectly acceptable.
kinsonn72
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:23:11 (permalink)
I'm sure plenty of people don't have a reason to even crack the gpu box open if buying a 1030 to step up.  I don't think EVGA sells an unopened/sealed box for a used price, but I'm just guessing.
les_garten
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:34:25 (permalink)
GrandWhiteTiger
Glenn18073
les_garten

1030 >>  3080Ti
3060 >>  3080Ti

shady

[ˈSHādē] 
ADJECTIVE
situated in or full of shade.informal

synonyms:

When did using a program as stated become shady? I didn't break any rules, a GT 1030 is a 3 year warranty card that ends in -kr that qualifies for step up. It was quite clear on what was acceptable and what was not. I'm not twisting their words, or taking advantage of them. They offer the program, I use it. Jacob Freeman, the product director at EVGA has stated that any 3 year warranty card that ends with a -kr qualified for step up multiple times on twitter.

Regardless, every person is limited to one step up per stepped up model, so no one is able to buy 10 GT 1030's, step them all up and flip it.

I followed the rules as stated.

I have absolutely no problem with the new rules, none, only the retroactive fact that my 1030 I purchased and registered in December no longer qualifies. Going forward? That's perfectly acceptable.

Who would trust the step up program in the future?
LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1794
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:35:20 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
bcarg007

First and foremost, don't misquote someone on purpose.  

Second and most importantly, step up was NEVER intended to be a store checkout line for upgrades.

If you want to take my opinion to reddit and discord, feel free, and realize that my opinion is mine alone and nothing to do with EVGA, but I think EVGA messed up with the new terms.  How would I correct it?  Put the step-up program into its roots, and make it exactly what it was intended to be.  Step up should be available 90 days from the launch of a new product, no longer, period.  After 90 days, from the launch of a brand new product, the product is permanently removed from the step up program.  End users want to purchase a 1030, congrats, you own a 1030.

Do I agree with instant, no notice changes, no.  Did people abuse the system "because they could" yes. 

You can run back to reddit and say I have a differing opinion, but Reddit and Discord got the EAR program cancelled, so I would love to see people find honest ways to upgrade rather than looking for every short cut that causes good programs to get cancelled due to severe abuse.  

I don't remember and don't know much about Step Up, but don't you mean, or if its original intent, was to allow Step Up for products purchased 90 days before the launch of new products?

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/07 16:49:46 (permalink)
LFaWolf
I don't remember and don't know much about Step Up, but don't you mean, or if its original intent, was to allow Step Up for products purchased 90 days before the launch of new products?

The entire time step up has been available it was to product consumers for 90 days after their purchase, if a new product launches.

There was never a point, even if the wording didn’t directly state it, where EVGA stated “go buy a nearly 5 year old product with the intent to enter the step up” and they have now clarified that.

I think the 90 purchase window is good, but I also think that a 90 cap on “new launches” would be beneficial to detour future issues where people are buying old products strictly to return them through step up.

The difficult part is the chip shortage and incredible demand right now. If there were no cards over 90 days post launch in step up, all of the cards that are being stepped up to could be diverted directly to the queue, meaning the people that signed up would have their card a little bit faster.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 13
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile