EVGA

EVGA SC17 1070 sudden power off/shutdown under high load scenarios while plugged in.

Author
Tyler778490
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/08 07:57:26 (permalink)
Hello, I'm going on year 3 of ownership of this laptop and, considering the price of building a new pc right now, would love to keep playing on it.  

While playing demanding games, 5-15 minutes into the game I will have a sudden shutoff.  Even when plugged in.  At first I was thinking it could be a battery issue, as when the laptop would be full charged(97%) I would unplug it and it would immediately die.  So I removed the battery and tested again on Escape from Tarkov, nope.  Still crashing after a few minutes.  Ok then I tried instead of plugging it into a power strip, plugging it into a wall directly, and specifically a circuit I know can supply plenty of power.  That worked for a little while, still haven't crashed with that specific scenario.  At the moment I'm in a hotel room, plugged into the wall, and still experiencing the same crash.  The laptop doesn't crash in non-demanding scenarios, only scenarios where I am certainly pushing the hardware hard.  

I've purchased a new Power Brick/PSU from EVGA that should be here in 5 days for $100.  If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to do.  I've removed the battery, I could try and purchase a new battery?  I'm going to go through and try and update any bios/drivers for the GPU and CPU I can.  Any recommendations moving forward?

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 44314
    • Ribbons : 197
    Re: EVGA SC17 1070 sudden power off/shutdown under high load scenarios while plugged in. 2021/01/08 14:10:08 (permalink)
    “Ok then I tried instead of plugging it into a power strip, plugging it into a wall directly, and specifically a circuit I know can supply plenty of power. That worked for a little while, still haven't crashed with that specific scenario”

Sounding like a power issue thus far.

Want to save 5 to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it.

Tyler778490
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA SC17 1070 sudden power off/shutdown under high load scenarios while plugged in. 2021/01/08 15:05:59 (permalink)
    Sajin
    “Ok then I tried instead of plugging it into a power strip, plugging it into a wall directly, and specifically a circuit I know can supply plenty of power. That worked for a little while, still haven't crashed with that specific scenario”

Sounding like a power issue thus far.

Yes now I'm trying to figure out what Male to Female power cord I need that will work with this 

My current power cord that I have that connects to the Power Supply is slightly frayed and I want to eliminate that as a possibility.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile