EVGA

EVGA RTX 3080 TI Hybrid pump control possible? Good idea?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 TI Hybrid pump control possible? Good idea? 2021/10/22 12:06:58 (permalink)
ty_ger07
For everyone else, let me sum this up for you.

Approximately 10 months ago, I started to realize that the 3090 FTW3s had a problem.  On this forum, I started stating my opinion and started providing evidence as it became available.  Kevinc313 started stalking me and started arguing with me on the subject.  He would ignore the evidence provided and would instead resort to these sort of petty arguments about word usage and about stuff that had zero effect on the broader topic.  Now, I believe he is sour to realize that the cards have proven to have a problem, and is continuing to find silly reasons to argue with me whenever he can.

Does this pump have 3 wires or 2 wires?  It makes absolutely no difference to this topic.   But he argues about it anyway.

When the means is unrestricted modification, almost anything is possible.  There is absolutely zero doubt that unrestricted modification could yield an EVGA hybrid pump capable of spinning 1 RPM, or 100,000 RPM.

But, regarding this topic, as it relates to the normal user, and as it relates to the product and the product's warranty, it is unwise for the normal user to modify this pump.  Modification is not covered by the warranty, and the long-term affects are not apparent.  We do know that some products do have a similar Asetek pump of the same overall generation, but it is unknown why EVGA's pump is not controllable while those competitors do have controllable pumps.  Is it something Asetek was unwilling to provide due to contract restrictions?  Is it something EVGA was not willing to pay extra for?  Is there any subtle differences between the two pumps other than the wiring exposed to the user?  We don't know.  What we do know is that any modification by the end-user will cause the warranty to be void.  Is it worth it?  Especially, is it worth it for a novice -- who is unsure of their skill and ability -- to modify a $1500 video card and void the warranty in the process?  No.

I have no idea what this dude is on about and I personally own a 3090 FTW3 (rev 1.0). 

I do know that I don't have time for tinfoil hat theories, navel gazing and long winded rants about luxury consumer electronics.
post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/10/22 12:13:51
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 TI Hybrid pump control possible? Good idea? 2021/10/22 12:28:55 (permalink)
you're so silly

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile