EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
kring
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 274
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2020/12/21 19:01:46 (permalink)
You need a proper case... you shouldn’t be intaking hot air into the case... if you have absolutely no space for cool room air intake then you have a bad case that doesn’t support using water for CPU & GPU.
NoctisXi
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2020/12/21 23:43:50 (permalink)
Wait so with the O11 XL Case I won't be able to close the glass panel if I were to mount the gpu horizontal? I can't exactly use a vertical mount because I use one of the pcie slot for a sound card (onboard motherboard audio is defective). Am I out of luck in fitting the card then.
tobincake1471
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2020/12/22 04:42:39 (permalink)
NoctisXi
Wait so with the O11 XL Case I won't be able to close the glass panel if I were to mount the gpu horizontal? I can't exactly use a vertical mount because I use one of the pcie slot for a sound card (onboard motherboard audio is defective). Am I out of luck in fitting the card then.

I had my FTW3 Ultra mounted in normal horizontal orientation with my O11 XL before putting it back on the vertical mount.  I didn't try it with the hybrid kit installed, but it was tight even with the default air cooler.  It does fit but you have to put some pressure on the pcie power cables to make them bend down enough to get the side glass on.  It wasn't terrible but I still didn't love it.  Some people have used 90 or 180 degree pcie power adapters to get around this, but that obviously doesn't speak to the hybrid tubes fitting.

I would guess that they'd be similar -- they'll probably fit but might need a little pressure up or down to get the side glass on.
NoctisXi
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2020/12/22 14:45:22 (permalink)
tobincake1471
NoctisXi

I had my FTW3 Ultra mounted in normal horizontal orientation with my O11 XL before putting it back on the vertical mount.  I didn't try it with the hybrid kit installed, but it was tight even with the default air cooler.  It does fit but you have to put some pressure on the pcie power cables to make them bend down enough to get the side glass on.  It wasn't terrible but I still didn't love it.  Some people have used 90 or 180 degree pcie power adapters to get around this, but that obviously doesn't speak to the hybrid tubes fitting.

I would guess that they'd be similar -- they'll probably fit but might need a little pressure up or down to get the side glass on.

I manage to get it fitted! It doesn't look like a looker anymore but it works temp are around 51-55c~ playing 2077.

If anyone can help me with another issue I got it all to work, precision x and everything but are the normal hybrid fans suppose to be so loud at 1800RPM? Is it better to buy a different set of fans? 
moogedelic
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2020/12/22 14:48:44 (permalink)
tobincake1471
NoctisXi

What about the cooling tubes, did they fit without any crimping or extreme bending?
Do you have a picture of the horizontal mount?
I still have to decide if it is worth getting a hybrid or not.
moogedelic
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2020/12/22 14:49:56 (permalink)
NoctisXi
tobincake1471
NoctisXi

I manage to get it fitted! It doesn't look like a looker anymore but it works temp are around 51-55c~ playing 2077.

If anyone can help me with another issue I got it all to work, precision x and everything but are the normal hybrid fans suppose to be so loud at 1800RPM? Is it better to buy a different set of fans? 

Can you post a picture?
I'm still trying to visualize how it will work.
NoctisXi
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2020/12/22 14:56:46 (permalink)
moogedelic
NoctisXi
tobincake1471
NoctisXi

Can you post a picture?

Not sure if this is that cledar but it fits fine the tubes will touch the glass but not like like a tight fit.

moogedelic
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2020/12/22 15:02:53 (permalink)
NoctisXi
moogedelic
NoctisXi
tobincake1471
NoctisXi

Can you post a picture?

Not sure if this is that cledar but it fits fine the tubes will touch the glass but not like like a tight fit.

Thanks, the picture helps a lot.  I was concerned that the there wasn't any space between the tubes coming out of the card and the glass but it looks like there is some clearance.
daeshik
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/04 09:11:10 (permalink)
Hello, I have a question. I have the same lian XL case with 3090 ftw3 ultra. I got the hybrid kit and installed it.

Now, I purchased the vertical gpu riser for this Lian LI XL case. And I had trouble using the USB 3 header into the motherboard as their are so thick and not flexible when I had riser kit installed.

How did you manage to plug in that usb front port connector onto motherboard when you use your vertical kit?
tobincake1471
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/04 09:15:36 (permalink)
daeshik
Hello, I have a question. I have the same lian XL case with 3090 ftw3 ultra. I got the hybrid kit and installed it.

Now, I purchased the vertical gpu riser for this Lian LI XL case. And I had trouble using the USB 3 header into the motherboard as their are so thick and not flexible when I had riser kit installed.

How did you manage to plug in that usb front port connector onto motherboard when you use your vertical kit?

Search for "usb 3.0 header extension cable", I have some and they work great!  I have them because I don't like the look of the bulky internal usb 3.0 case cables, but I think they might help your situation as well.

daeshik
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/04 09:22:49 (permalink)
tobincake1471
daeshik

Search for "usb 3.0 header extension cable", I have some and they work great!  I have them because I don't like the look of the bulky internal usb 3.0 case cables, but I think they might help your situation as well.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I need!

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1030
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/04 09:58:24 (permalink)
daeshik

I can't really say, do you want to share pictures? Everyone's motherboard is different. Also, are you using a PCI-E 4.0 motherboard? If you don't have a 4.0 riser cable, you might run into some issues, you might have to mount your GPU horizontally first, set it to GEN 3 in the BIOs first before you vertical mount with a 3.0 riser cable. Just a warning. 

tobincake1471
daeshik

Yes, this is the extension cable I got. https://www.amazon.com/gp..._s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post edited by KingEngineRevUp - 2021/01/04 10:07:44
daeshik
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/04 10:25:44 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
daeshik

I can't really say, do you want to share pictures? Everyone's motherboard is different. Also, are you using a PCI-E 4.0 motherboard? If you don't have a 4.0 riser cable, you might run into some issues, you might have to mount your GPU horizontally first, set it to GEN 3 in the BIOs first before you vertical mount with a 3.0 riser cable. Just a warning. 

tobincake1471
daeshik

Yes, this is the extension cable I got. 

I have Asus x570-E ROG Strix MB. The internal USB 3.0 header location image attached.

I just ordered the same extension cable too :)

BTW, I had to downgrade the PCI-E to GEN3 already due to my sound blasterx G6 as it does not behave well with GEN4 when some games go back-ground - loses conn to G6 and had to unplug/plug the usb conn - solved by GEN3 downgrade.

Attached Image(s)

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/04 10:33:51 (permalink)
daeshik
KingEngineRevUp
daeshik

tobincake1471
daeshik

Yes, this is the extension cable I got. 

I have Asus x570-E ROG Strix MB. The internal USB 3.0 header location image attached.

I just ordered the same extension cable too :)

BTW, I had to downgrade the PCI-E to GEN3 already due to my sound blasterx G6 as it does not behave well with GEN4 when some games go back-ground - loses conn to G6 and had to unplug/plug the usb conn - solved by GEN3 downgrade.

It'll be annoying to do BIOs updates and having to reinstall your card. I personally bought a 4.0 riser cable from Linkup and it has been working flawlessly. 
daeshik
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/04 10:51:57 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp

It'll be annoying to do BIOs updates and having to reinstall your card. I personally bought a 4.0 riser cable from Linkup and it has been working flawlessly. 

Thanks. Checking out linkup site for compatibility with Lian Li riser.
skyline090
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 155
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/10 22:06:57 (permalink)
Does anyone know the thickness of the thermal pads that come on the Hybrid kit? I know it uses 2 different sizes depending on location.

Custom loop w/EK blocks - 12900k, 4090 FE, z690 Apex, G.Skill DDR5 6600 c32, EVGA 1000 P6, Lian Li O11D XL

sunlight0
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/01/21 09:16:25 (permalink)
Thanks for the post, that will be helpful
Megaman416
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/02/17 20:26:23 (permalink)
Please ignore.
Megaman416
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/02/17 20:28:30 (permalink)
tobincake1471
Reliantg
Folks with a CPU AIO already, where are you putting this radiator and as intake or exhaust? I'm worried about putting mine in spot that currently has case fans and not getting enough fresh air to the other AIO after.

I've taken everything apart and put it back together about 5 times so far.  I have an O11 XL, an h115i Platinum (280mm rad), and now the hybrid kit.  Using ML120 2400's on my Hybrid rad and the ML140's on the h115i.  Here's what I tried and didn't like each time.
  1. Current: Hybrid AIO on the side (Intake / Pull), 115i up top (Exhaust / Push): GPU temps are great, CPU AIO / other temps... not so much.  All of the warm air being dumped inside the case from the GPU AIO makes my CPU AIO's coolant temp about 5-6C warmer than before, which is a lot.  Case fans respond accordingly, making overall noise go through the roof.  I don't want to tune them down because I want them to ramp when the CPU AIO coolant temp is high.
  2. Hybrid AIO on the side (Exhaust / Push), 115i up top (Exhaust / Push): GPU temps under load were 10C higher, and the highest I've seen with the hybrid installed.  I thought exhausting the GPU AIO air out of the side would keep it out of the case and fix the CPU AIO coolant temp issue, but that was not the case.  CPU AIO Coolant temps were back to normal, which was good, but GPU temps weren't very good.  Might have been a negative pressure / starvation / other intake tuning issue, but this orientation had a ton of exhaust fans when both AIOs were exhausting.
  3. Hybrid AIO on the side (Intake / Push), 115i up top (Exhaust / Push): The fans are too close to the side panel on the O11 XL and makes a very loud sucking noise at mid to high RPMs.
  4. Back to #1 until my h150 arrives.  I will mount the h150i 360mm rad on the side, pulling cool air in, and exhaust the Hybrid AIO out the top.  Might do push/pull on the CPU AIO rad, not sure yet.
I'm convinced that exhausting the GPU AIO out the top and mounting the CPU AIO on the side pulling in cool air is the way to go to balance temps and noise.  My 280 rad doesn't fit on the side of my O11 XL... so of course, I now have an h150i on order.  I really didn't want to replace the h115i... this became a very slippery slope!

Curious.. for option 2 or any of them for that matter did you have bottom mount intake fans? And maybe a rear for intake might help? 
usbarlow@hotmail.com
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/02/17 21:00:25 (permalink)
Just drooling here
KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/02/18 08:48:12 (permalink)
tobincake1471
Reliantg
Folks with a CPU AIO already, where are you putting this radiator and as intake or exhaust? I'm worried about putting mine in spot that currently has case fans and not getting enough fresh air to the other AIO after.

I've taken everything apart and put it back together about 5 times so far.  I have an O11 XL, an h115i Platinum (280mm rad), and now the hybrid kit.  Using ML120 2400's on my Hybrid rad and the ML140's on the h115i.  Here's what I tried and didn't like each time.
  1. Current: Hybrid AIO on the side (Intake / Pull), 115i up top (Exhaust / Push): GPU temps are great, CPU AIO / other temps... not so much.  All of the warm air being dumped inside the case from the GPU AIO makes my CPU AIO's coolant temp about 5-6C warmer than before, which is a lot.  Case fans respond accordingly, making overall noise go through the roof.  I don't want to tune them down because I want them to ramp when the CPU AIO coolant temp is high.
  2. Hybrid AIO on the side (Exhaust / Push), 115i up top (Exhaust / Push): GPU temps under load were 10C higher, and the highest I've seen with the hybrid installed.  I thought exhausting the GPU AIO air out of the side would keep it out of the case and fix the CPU AIO coolant temp issue, but that was not the case.  CPU AIO Coolant temps were back to normal, which was good, but GPU temps weren't very good.  Might have been a negative pressure / starvation / other intake tuning issue, but this orientation had a ton of exhaust fans when both AIOs were exhausting.
  3. Hybrid AIO on the side (Intake / Push), 115i up top (Exhaust / Push): The fans are too close to the side panel on the O11 XL and makes a very loud sucking noise at mid to high RPMs.
  4. Back to #1 until my h150 arrives.  I will mount the h150i 360mm rad on the side, pulling cool air in, and exhaust the Hybrid AIO out the top.  Might do push/pull on the CPU AIO rad, not sure yet.
I'm convinced that exhausting the GPU AIO out the top and mounting the CPU AIO on the side pulling in cool air is the way to go to balance temps and noise.  My 280 rad doesn't fit on the side of my O11 XL... so of course, I now have an h150i on order.  I really didn't want to replace the h115i... this became a very slippery slope!

This is an old post I'm responding to, but as the topic creator, a H150i at the top and hybrid intake at the side is working fine for me. I suspect this setup of yours, if you're going to have a 400W GPU then you'll need the best CPU AIO you can get. The H115i just wasn't up to par, not with 400W of heat needing to be exhausted. 

Personally, a slightly warmer CPU is fine, the CPU warming up a little bit isn't going to hurt performance as a hotter GPU. As long as my CPU temps are under 75C for a 5900X, I'm okay with it if it means my GPU can stay the coolest. 
muemue95
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/05/03 23:25:00 (permalink)
This build is gorgeous!! I wish I could put something like this together.
andreibondrea
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/05/17 05:23:52 (permalink)
i am in love.....want one
Endworld
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 148
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/06/14 00:27:10 (permalink)
Sorry to necro this, but I was curious if anyone knew the size of the fan on the Hybrid kit shroud itself, not the radiator fans. I believe it's 120mm being there's only one, and I know the regular GPU fans are 87mm. If anyone could help verify this, it would be much appreciated!!
GCS2000
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/06/15 12:42:05 (permalink)
Wow thanks for this I didn't even know these existed as I similar issue in my case (not the same hardware) so I appreciate the info.
bmo419
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/06/18 14:15:13 (permalink)
Endworld
Sorry to necro this, but I was curious if anyone knew the size of the fan on the Hybrid kit shroud itself, not the radiator fans. I believe it's 120mm being there's only one, and I know the regular GPU fans are 87mm. If anyone could help verify this, it would be much appreciated!!

According to my calipers, the fan on the shroud is ~104mm
Endworld
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 148
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/06/18 14:20:37 (permalink)

According to my calipers, the fan on the shroud is ~104mm

Awesome, thank you very much! I'm doing a modded shroud for a friend and can't seem to find that info anywhere. Appreciate it!
danbenbb
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/07/11 20:34:20 (permalink)
NoctisXi
moogedelic
NoctisXi
tobincake1471
NoctisXi

Can you post a picture?

Do you think that it might be possible to fit it into OC 11 Dynamic Mid-Tower ? I know that difference in width on the paper is around 1.3 cm. 

Hot_Chez
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 174
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/07/11 21:35:23 (permalink)
very helpful thanks!
will  be using this when i install mine 

Chrddar3
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid kit unboxing and installation gallery 2021/07/20 16:43:26 (permalink)
danbenbb
NoctisXi
moogedelic
NoctisXi
tobincake1471
NoctisXi

Can you post a picture?

Do you think that it might be possible to fit it into OC 11 Dynamic Mid-Tower ? I know that difference in width on the paper is around 1.3 cm. 

I have the regular sized O11 dynamic and I can tell you for sure it won't fit horizontal. I had to vertically mount mine using ek loop vertical mount.

Attached Image(s)

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile