EVGA

EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9 silent crash leaves fan at 0%

Author
outout
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/01/07 09:46:57 (permalink)
I am running Precision XOC with a custom fan profile set. I also run Sidebar Diagnostics () to view system information. Occasionally when playing a game Precision XOC will silently crash (no error message shows, but program no longer running) and my video card fan speed will be set to 0%. I usually notice because my framerates will start to suffer. The Sidebar Diagnostics program will also close (which also clues me in as I won't see it displayed on my second monitor). I relaunch both programs and the video card temperature will be very high and the fan will kick in to 100% to lower it back down.

I can't reliably reproduce the problem. Sometimes once a day; sometimes a couple weeks. It has happened over different versions of NVIDIA drivers and Precision XOC.
I haven't tried running without Sidebar Diagnostics as then I would be less likely to spot the problem if it occurred.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1607
EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9
GeForce GTX 1080 driver 376.33 BIOS 86.04.3b.00.84

7 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9 silent crash leaves fan at 0% 2017/01/07 14:23:12 (permalink)
    Give msi afterburner a try.
    Globespy
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9 silent crash leaves fan at 0% 2017/03/06 22:36:46 (permalink)
    Sajin

Sajin, you do realize that as a moderator your real job is to spend the time passing all these reports up the food chain and have Precision XOC fixed. Pushing customers to competition products is a really stupid suggestion and I don't see why you are seen to continually suggest this. I would have you removed from your moderator status as you are doing no favors for EVGA as many customers will quite rightly consider buying an MSI or other graphics card over an EVGA one in the future.
    It's like having you standing in front of a Shell Gas station with a sign saying "Move along, go buy from Texaco down the road". Chances are I'll then always buy from Texaco! Creatures of habit mate.
    I get that you are likely a volunteer, but any business would be nuts to have official or semi-official reps keep telling people to use competition products. I would have you gone if you were doing this and it were my business. Nothing personal, just pointing out poor choices even if your intention is to 'help'.

post edited by Globespy - 2017/03/06 22:39:36
    Globespy
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9 silent crash leaves fan at 0% 2017/03/06 22:50:43 (permalink)
    Potential Solution!!

For those still having issues with Precision XOC crashing nearly every time it starts with Windows, I may have found a solution.
    I recall speaking with EVGA official tech support about the main option on the Precision XOC UI to start with windows (the radio with the little Windows symbol to the right of it) and they said that option is redundant because of the option in the settings of Precision XOC in the 'General Tab' that lets you check start with OS and start minimized.
    Ensure you have these options checked and UNCHECK the one on the main UI of the Precision XOC tool.
    I've restarted several times and it has loaded successfully each time.
    Hoping this helps someone else use Precision XOC instead of being told by forum moderators who are not EVGA employees to go use a competitors product!! 
    Good luck!

Update:
    I spoke again with EVGA tech support and they indicated they are aware of an issue with Precision XOC, so for anyone else being told to do radical things like reinstall Windows. Don't. Just don't.
    post edited by Globespy - 2017/03/06 23:08:34
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9 silent crash leaves fan at 0% 2017/03/06 23:24:26 (permalink)
    Globespy
    Sajin

Sajin, you do realize that as a moderator your real job is to spend the time passing all these reports up the food chain and have Precision XOC fixed. Pushing customers to competition products is a really stupid suggestion and I don't see why you are seen to continually suggest this. I would have you removed from your moderator status as you are doing no favors for EVGA as many customers will quite rightly consider buying an MSI or other graphics card over an EVGA one in the future.
    It's like having you standing in front of a Shell Gas station with a sign saying "Move along, go buy from Texaco down the road". Chances are I'll then always buy from Texaco! Creatures of habit mate.
    I get that you are likely a volunteer, but any business would be nuts to have official or semi-official reps keep telling people to use competition products. I would have you gone if you were doing this and it were my business. Nothing personal, just pointing out poor choices even if your intention is to 'help'.

Pretty sure evga knows about the issues. I tell it like it is. Afterburner is less buggy than precision. With that being said I recommend afterburner often.
    outout
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9 silent crash leaves fan at 0% 2017/08/14 15:40:18 (permalink)
    I'm still having problems with this crash. Latest with version 6.1.13.
    I have tried to get more diagnostic information to determine the cause.
    The exit codes are for ERROR_PROCESS_ABORTED
    The thread 0x1c14 has exited with code 1067 (0x42b).
    The thread 0x1bcc has exited with code 1067 (0x42b).
    The thread 0x275c has exited with code 1067 (0x42b).
    The thread 0x1c20 has exited with code 1067 (0x42b).
    The program '[2608] PrecisionX_x64.exe' has exited with code 1067 (0x42b).

Using Process Monitor, I can see that before it exits, one thread uses way more time than usual and then the program looks to be scanning through DLLs before exiting (although that may be part of the termination process).

Can anyone from EVGA offer any help?

Attached Image(s)

masturnate
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9 silent crash leaves fan at 0% 2019/04/23 20:46:16 (permalink)
    Having a similar issue with XOC. Very rarely will it close by itself if I'm just web browsing or something but when I play games, more than half the time the fans will either go to a default setting (not good for the games I'm playing) OR it will just silently crash and I won't notice until my LEDs are bright red.

Was there an update that fudged it all up?
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9 silent crash leaves fan at 0% 2019/04/23 21:34:58 (permalink)

Try the latest version 6.27 then. This thread is over 2 years old, and that 6.09 is an older version. There's been some fixes since then.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile