EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
JacobB
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 522
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/16 18:56:10 (permalink)
Hello,

I have seen some user report that Precision X1 can cause stuttering in games, and it also seems that if you lower the process priority in Task manager, this has helped some people with this issue. As this is something that can mess with Windows and how Windows operates, this is not something I can strictly recommend, but is something available for you to test at your own risk to see if this helps.

Regarding to the issue of stuttering, I was unable to personally replicate this issue in two of our bench systems, as well as my own personal system. If you are having an issue with stuttering with Precision X1 open, please provide me the following information:

System Specs:
  • Mobo:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • RAM (+ speed):
  • Hard Drives:
  • PSU:
  • Windows Version:
  • Any overclocking (Y/N):

What games this is noticed in:

Any other relevant information you think we should know:

I will try and compile this information and monitor this to try and get this looked into and replicated. 

-Jacob B.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/16 20:53:40 (permalink)
Yeah I've yet to.see stuttering on my week old 2080ti ftw3 ultra using px1.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
Sphericube
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/17 06:28:17 (permalink)
EVGATech_JacobB
Hello,

I have seen some user report that Precision X1 can cause stuttering in games, and it also seems that if you lower the process priority in Task manager, this has helped some people with this issue. As this is something that can mess with Windows and how Windows operates, this is not something I can strictly recommend, but is something available for you to test at your own risk to see if this helps.

Regarding to the issue of stuttering, I was unable to personally replicate this issue in two of our bench systems, as well as my own personal system. If you are having an issue with stuttering with Precision X1 open, please provide me the following information:

System Specs:
  • Mobo:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • RAM (+ speed):
  • Hard Drives:
  • PSU:
  • Windows Version:

I will try and compile this information and monitor this to try and get this looked into and replicated. 

-Jacob B.

Hello Jacob,
as you know my 2080ti FTW3 is dead just after few days :( but I had enough time to test Precision X1
The micro stutter I was mentioning is very subtile. 
Indeed you probably won't notice it during a normal game play, but it really exists.
You can check it with benchmarks like Time Spy where you get always lower score with Precision X1 running in background.
During benchmark, check the fps counter and you will see an instant drop every second, thus resulting in lower average fps and lower final score.
Normally, fps should vary smoothly in this benchmark, but with PX1 it's like shaking every second.
I guess it's related to the monitoring, because when you start your Windows with PX1 minimized, then there is no stutter because monitoring has not yet started, until you click on its icon in the task bar.
I tried to disable all monitored values, or to increase monitoring delay to more than 1s, but the shaking remains every second.

From my long experience with MSI Afterburner, it's the same behavior only if you enable "Power" monitoring in Afterburner.
It's like if PX1 is doing some power monitoring in the background every second.
You can check all the Nvidia statement about it in their driver release note:
"Using power monitoring in GPU monitor tools causes micro stutter. [2110289/2049879]"

post edited by Sphericube - 2019/03/17 06:48:21

"J'adorerais changer le monde, mais ils ne veulent pas me fournir le code source"

dsublett
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/17 08:18:47 (permalink)
EVGATech_JacobB
Hello,

System Specs:
  • Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7 6700
  • GPU: EVGA 2080ti ftw3 ultra
  • RAM (+ speed): Corsair 32 gbs DDR4 at 1600
  • Hard Drives: 2 SSD / 1 4TB Seagate/ 1 4TB HGST
  • PSU: EVGA 750
  • Windows Version: Win 10 1809 17763.379
  • Any overclocking (Y/N): N

What games this is noticed in:  Source Engine specifically Team Fortress 2

Any other relevant information you think we should know:  G-sync monitor could be relevant

-Jacob B.

I disabled all power monitoring as well and still had the stutter.  It's completely repeatable all I have to do is turn x1 on and off.  On = stutter and Off = smooth. 
I did some further testing with HWM on again and when I set the process priority to below normal and low the stutter went away.  I tried this with gsync on and off and had the same results. Hopefully this helps.

Can we set the process to low and still have x1 function properly?

post edited by dsublett - 2019/03/17 08:46:44
JacobB
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/17 12:24:20 (permalink)
dsublett
I disabled all power monitoring as well and still had the stutter.  It's completely repeatable all I have to do is turn x1 on and off.  On = stutter and Off = smooth. 
I did some further testing with HWM on again and when I set the process priority to below normal and low the stutter went away.  I tried this with gsync on and off and had the same results. Hopefully this helps.

Can we set the process to low and still have x1 function properly?

I have not seen reported issues with this, but again it is an "at your own risk" thing to try.

-Jacob B.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/17 13:26:14 (permalink)
EVGATech_JacobB
Hello,

System Specs:
  • Mobo:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • RAM (+ speed):
  • Hard Drives:
  • PSU:
  • Windows Version:

-Jacob B.

Fratox
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/18 09:37:26 (permalink)
X1 is not mandatory for use the card right ?
Sphericube
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/18 09:54:02 (permalink)
Fratox

Not mandatory but highly recommended because it's the only tool made by EVGA compatible with their own technologie like ICX2.
In my case (2080ti FTW3), bios 1 fan profil is too loud, and bios 2 is even worse!
Only with PX1 I can take control over the 3 asynchronous fans.
It's why we are counting on the developement team to fix and improve this essential tool :)
post edited by Sphericube - 2019/03/18 09:57:32

"J'adorerais changer le monde, mais ils ne veulent pas me fournir le code source"

Fratox
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/18 10:02:19 (permalink)
In my case the bios fan profil 1 is ok, i dont hear the card so I will keep X1 uninstalled until a new version then try.
JacobB
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/18 12:56:52 (permalink)
Fratox

No, not mandatory. The card has a fan curve in the vBIOS that will adjust itself based on the temperature of the card, and the card will also boost itself on its own as well.

-Jacob B.
dsublett
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/21 17:16:25 (permalink)
Is this issue going to be addressed?

psychoRez
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/23 03:59:30 (permalink)
I can't believe it.

I suspected my windows 10. My CPU being a bottleneck. My Hard disk (Ssd on the way) and simply the vid card itself. Only to turn out it was the percision X1 software all a long!

Goddamn games finally running butter smooth without it. Thank you for this thread. Fixed it for me
dsublett
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/23 06:14:29 (permalink)
psychoRez
I can't believe it.

I suspected my windows 10. My CPU being a bottleneck. My Hard disk (Ssd on the way) and simply the vid card itself. Only to turn out it was the percision X1 software all a long!

Goddamn games finally running butter smooth without it. Thank you for this thread. Fixed it for me

You're welcome. I have spent a lot of time investigating this issue myself.  Unfortunately, as usual I feel like EVGA has been dismissive once again.  I know above Jacob says he is looking into it, but after I found the exact symptom / problem he went silent. I feel like EVGA thinks if having x1 on normal priority causes the stutter then the user can simply lower the priority every time they resart their pc.  I would rather see the issue get fixed.

Since there is no simple way to lower the process priority permanently I am forced once again to rely on MSI Afterburner.  I would much prefer to have x1 functioning properly so that I can control all of the fans and monitor icx sensors.
psychoRez
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/23 06:52:18 (permalink)
Yeah it was causing me stress.  I mean if this piece of software is causing so many issues how about just owning up and giving your customers alternatives/advice. You'd get more respect.

So MSI afterburner doesn't give you this issue?  I thought I read somewhere it's the same issue.    TBH I'll just run without and rely on the default vanilla fan setting.    Had this card for more than a week and I finally feel like I'm getting my money's worth.   Here's hoping they do fix Precision x1 because some of the features are nice.

Again,  Really appreciate it!
dsublett
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/23 08:11:11 (permalink)
psychoRez
Yeah it was causing me stress.  I mean if this piece of software is causing so many issues how about just owning up and giving your customers alternatives/advice. You'd get more respect.

So MSI afterburner doesn't give you this issue?  I thought I read somewhere it's the same issue.    TBH I'll just run without and rely on the default vanilla fan setting.    Had this card for more than a week and I finally feel like I'm getting my money's worth.   Here's hoping they do fix Precision x1 because some of the features are nice.

Again,  Really appreciate it!

Afterburner absolutely has no issues. However, it only controls a single fan -- but completely dependable.  I'd be fine with the vbios curve on the fans and no software but EVGA is too conservative for my tastes and I don't want my gpu and memory to run that hot.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/03/23 18:52:57 (permalink)
Setting up what you need in PX1 and closing it fixes it for me for the time being.  You could try that.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 204
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/04/25 15:21:51 (permalink)
This issue still occurs in the latest release. MSI Afterburner also works fine.
post edited by MrEWhite - 2019/04/25 15:32:39
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/04/25 15:23:15 (permalink)
MrEWhite
This issue still occurs in the latest release.

MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/04/25 15:52:08 (permalink)
EVGATech_JacobB
Hello,

System Specs:
  • Mobo:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • RAM (+ speed):
  • Hard Drives:
  • PSU:
  • Windows Version:

-Jacob B.

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3
i7 8086k Delidded @ 5 GHz @ 1.28v
2x Western Digital WD Black 6TB
Samsung 960 EVO 512GB NVMe M.2 
Asus Maximus X Code
16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB @ 3600 MHz
EVGA Supernova 1000 P2
Windows 10 Pro
No overclocking on the GPU.

This is noticed in almost every game.
Void65231
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/04/25 16:22:25 (permalink)
dsublett
psychoRez
I can't believe it.

You're welcome. I have spent a lot of time investigating this issue myself.  Unfortunately, as usual I feel like EVGA has been dismissive once again.  I know above Jacob says he is looking into it, but after I found the exact symptom / problem he went silent. I feel like EVGA thinks if having x1 on normal priority causes the stutter then the user can simply lower the priority every time they resart their pc.  I would rather see the issue get fixed.

Since there is no simple way to lower the process priority permanently I am forced once again to rely on MSI Afterburner.  I would much prefer to have x1 functioning properly so that I can control all of the fans and monitor icx sensors.

All I can suggest for changing the app priority after each reboot is this. Although it’s only a bandaid.

https://bitsum.com

Download process lasso and choose px1 in the process list by right clicking on it. Choose priority - always and change it to below normal. This will set the priority to always be whatever you set it to.
psychoRez
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/04/26 04:39:45 (permalink)
Void65231
dsublett
psychoRez
I can't believe it.

All I can suggest for changing the app priority after each reboot is this. Although it’s only a bandaid.

Download process lasso and choose px1 in the process list by right clicking on it. Choose priority - always and change it to below normal. This will set the priority to always be whatever you set it to.

This actually works.   I can still see slight spikes (Using frame rate overlay on RTSS) but it's so much less severe than when set to Normal.   I think I'll just do it manually i barely shut down my pc anyway.   Maybe I'm getting just a few fps lower as well not sure and it breaks my heart but I guess it's a temporary price to pay.

Thank you bro!

***EDIT

I just wish EVGA would just straight up inform their customers similar issue may occur when installing Precision X1.  Like a pop up or something.   It gave me so much grief when I first got the card.   Your customers would respect you so much more for being honest and at the end it is still a beta.   But radio silence just causes unnecessary grief.

I mean how many cards were returned due to customers facing this?  I bet there were a few.  Back when I got the card not once did it even occur to me the OC software could be the culprit as that has NEVER happened to me before.
post edited by psychoRez - 2019/04/26 04:44:06
maxhitk
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/05/01 03:21:56 (permalink)
System Specs:
  • Mobo: MSI Z370 SLI PLUS
  • CPU: Intel 8700k@5Ghz
  • GPU: 2080TI FTW3 Gaming
  • RAM (+ speed): 32GB@3200mhz
  • Hard Drives: Windows on M.2 NVME Samsung 970 Pro, Games on separate SSDs.
  • PSU: Corsair RM750x (750W)
  • Windows Version: Windows 10 1809 Build: 17763.437
  • Any overclocking (Y/N): On GPU not.
 What games this is noticed in: All I have tested so far (BF5, Rainbowsix Siege, Rocket League)

Thats an absolute deal breaker for me. I want to use a fan curve, and I cannot when X1 is enabled. Setting the fans manually to a fixed speed each time before gaming is a no-go with such a high priced flagship.
Changing the process priority is not a solution. It reduces the stutter but does not remove it. Only fully disabling X1 completely elevates the issue. Here an example:

This is BF5 inside the main menu, doing nothing. The background in BFV consists of realtime renders of your solider classes and vehicles, with a cam flying around it. So its a nice benchmark example, as the scenes that are rendered keep repeating without any variation. Its on 1440p and capped at 120 FPS. OSD, LED Sync, HWM all disabled in X1. I switched between Normal, Below Normal and Low priority and then disabled it completely. Notice the massive difference in the frame times? Even between Low and Disabled there is a noticeable difference ingame. Instead of stable 9.3-10ms frametime on OFF, you get fluctuating 10.5-12ms frametime on LOW.

The second picture shows all measurements and you can see there is no problem with the clocks or the temps. They are all in spec and the usage is always below 99% as I have my FPS capped to 120. Nevertheless, the frametimes go all over the place when X1 is running. It makes every single game totally unplayable, a complete stutter fest. I could live with it If I could control the fans with MSI Afterburner or other alternatives, but since thats not possible, this is unacceptable.

This is my first EVGA card, as I only heard good things about support etc. But since this problem persists already for years, even in XOC and other versions, I guess I made a big mistake. I bought the card second-hand, so I cannot return it, so I will have to resell it again and look for another brand I guess. 

(open the image in a new tab for full resolution)

I was thinking, can I not disconnect the 3 fans from the PCB and connect them to my own fan hub and control them outside of X1? I know its dis-advised as the BIOS would crank up the fans on its own once it hits critical temps and this way there would be no fail-safe, if for some reason my third party cooling controller silently fails. But I cannot see an alternative.
post edited by maxhitk - 2019/05/01 04:38:14
MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/05/27 21:54:34 (permalink)
This issue STILL occurs in the latest version! I'd love to be able to use one of the most important features of the card (fan control) without my games becoming unplayable.
psychoRez
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/05/27 22:28:36 (permalink)
MrEWhite
This issue STILL occurs in the latest version! I'd love to be able to use one of the most important features of the card (fan control) without my games becoming unplayable.

It is ridiculous.   But I noticed that now by default the priority is set to "Below Normal" when the program starts on startup.  But it doesn't seem to work well I see myself having to close PX1, relaunch and then manually set task priority to below normal.

Wish MSI afterburner allowed you to control the fans.  I'd drop PX1 in a heart beat.
MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/05/27 22:30:37 (permalink)
psychoRez
MrEWhite

It is ridiculous.   But I noticed that now by default the priority is set to "Below Normal" when the program starts on startup.  But it doesn't seem to work well I see myself having to close PX1, relaunch and then manually set task priority to below normal.

Wish MSI afterburner allowed you to control the fans.  I'd drop PX1 in a heart beat.

Still launches on normal for me.

Edit: Had to make it start on boot, it does start at below normal now, but it has to be a low for me to not get any stuttering.
post edited by MrEWhite - 2019/05/27 23:01:28
MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/05/28 12:50:31 (permalink)
Is this ever going to get fixed? I'd love to use fan control.
MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/05/30 18:08:17 (permalink)
Upgraded to 1903, still getting stutter.
Torcqua
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/05/31 11:14:28 (permalink)
I honestly thought this was something to do with my new RTX 2080 FTW3 I bought a couple of days ago, that either I got a bad card or my overclocks were causing some sort of instability.

Through process of elimination, I too have discovered Precision X1 to be the cause of stuttering but not only that, it appears it also drops a considerable amount of FPS when running, but also the FPS that is displayed I don't believe to be true. 60FPS that was being reported in Ghost Recon Wildlands felt more like 40 with X1 running. Turning off X1 then felt like a whole new game.

It's a workaround to apply the OCs & fan speeds, then closing X1 as I use HWINF064 alongside Rivatuner for OSD anyway, but this isn't acceptable. I do hope it isn't causing any long term hardware damage through the instability it's creating. I appreciate the likelihood of that is low, but it's always a worry when you've just got some brand new hardware.

System Specs:
  • Mobo: Asus Z170 Formula VIII
  • CPU: i7 6700K, 4.5Ghz @ 1.25V OC
  • GPU: RTX 2080 FTW3, +500mem, +100core, +30% power limit OC
  • RAM (+ speed): Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB 3000Mhz OC
  • Hard Drives: Samsung SSD (OS), WD Black HDD (Games)
  • PSU: Corsair AX860
  • Windows Version: Windows 10
  • Any overclocking (Y/N): Yes

post edited by Torcqua - 2019/05/31 12:04:46
CriticalHit_NL
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 404
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/06/01 08:21:48 (permalink)
EVGATech_JacobB
Hello,

-Jacob B.

This post will be unrelated to Precision X1 but since the different EVGA Precision releases may actually share some functionality between eachother I'll just create a post here about something I noticed that might be related to Precision software.

System Specs:
  • Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79 (bios 3102)
  • CPU: i7 3930K (stock turbo @ 3,8Ghz)
  • GPU: EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 11GB (regular bios/clocks, mostly 1949mhz with 117% powertarget & PCI-E 3.0 'patch' enabled)
  • RAM (+ speed): 8x4GB DDR3-1866 Corsair Dominator (4x4GB kits, 9-10-9-27 1T)
  • Hard Drives:
    • Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (boot, SATA-600)
    • Samsung HD103SJ 1TB (games, SATA-300)
    • 3x HGST Deskstar 7K4000 4TB (programs/video capture, SATA-600 & 300)
    • 2x HGST He10 Ultrastar 8TB (backups, SATA-600)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1200i (corsair link connected)
  • Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64
    • Meltdown protection is disabled. (since I don't care)
    • Spectre protection does not seem to be active, can't be disabled.
  • Any overclocking (Y/N): No

Grand Theft Auto V

1. This applies to EVGA Precision XOC 6.2.7
  2. Monitor (Asus PG279Q) is G-sync enabled @ 165Hz. (Displayport)
  3. Multi monitor setup with the BenQ BL2411PT. (DVI)
  4. Antivirus Avast! Premier 2019
  5. Anti-exploit suite HitmanPro Alert
  6. Active programs:
    1. Skype
    2. Discord
    3. Steam
    4. DxTory
    5. FXSound
    6. Netlimiter 3
    7. Speedfan
    8. Asus Thermal Radar
    9. WinAMP
    10. Total Commander
    11. Peerblock
    12. Logitech Gaming Software 8.40.83
    13. Samsung Magician 5.30
  7. Windows 7 DWM is disabled. (desktop composition mode, so no aero but basic theme)
  8. GPU Driver: 430.64 WHQL
  9. Nvidia control panel configuration is set for Max Quality on Global profile settings.
  10. Nvidia control panel configuration is set to use 16x anisotrophing filtering and optimal performance.
  11. Geforce Experience is installed, but seems to occur with the service for Shadowplay disabled too.
  12. Precision XOC hardware polling rate is set to 1000ms.
  13. Disabling Power monitoring in Precision XOC did not really seem to help.
  14. Precision XOC OSD has been rendered useless and thus disabled by renaming the following files:
    1. PrecisionXServer.exe
    2. PrecisionXServer_x64.exe
  15. CPU core parking is disabled.

Some additional information:
Sometimes I tend to keep GTA V running overnight to generate some income via the nightclub.
At other times I use the same trick to keep my room relatively cold in summer.
To minimize power usage and heat output I do the following:

- Set powertarget in Precision XOC to minimum. (44%)
- Enable Nvidia Inspector multi-monitor energy saving tool to keep GPU clock locked to 607Mhz.
- Lower the energy power plan for the maximum CPU percentage to 10% to lock it down to 1.2Ghz.

Now it is often the case that the PC has been running well over 20 hours without a shutdown or reboot while EVGA Precision XOC is active and for atleast 10 hours worth of idling ingame in GTA V using the above said technique.

But after I return to the PC to continue playing GTA V while keeping the CPU locked at 75% (2,4Ghz) and multi-monitor saver active (this will make it much more obvious that it stutters due to limited resources) the game has a lot of rough stutter moments where both the GPU and CPU utilization drop very low for a split second.

This drop in usage can be better monitored if Precision XOC is set to use 100ms hardware polling as seen below:

Today I noticed that after I closed Precision XOC and restarted it, that the stutters were pretty much gone, apart from an occasional hiccup maybe once in a minute or two but that also occurs with Precision XOC disabled.
Something tells me that Precision XOC does not like to be ran for extended periods of time.

It can also be related to recent patching of all the may 2018 -> may 2019 Windows 7 patches and upgrading from 382.05 WHQL driver. Maybe Geforce Experience also plays a role.

I don't recall seeing it this bad/obvious when Windows 7 was only patched until December 2017 with 382.05 WHQL driver.
The issues related to power monitoring came in later drivers, which also got fixed though I read somewhere on the Nvidia Forums some people claiming that Nvidia hasn't fully fixed it. (but the stutters still occur with Power disabled in HWM in XOC)

This also happens with the CPU/GPU resources unlocked, but obviously a bit less harsh due to more resources allowing for a better/quicker catch-up.
But even though with locked down resource capacity running with less frames (game on low/very high mixed GFX and 0.5x framescaling) it runs a lot more consistent after Precision XOC is restarted.

I know from GPU-Z that if the program has been enabled for an extended period of time it also starts to produce some stuttering. Monitoring in general with many applications can lead to random stutters especially if they monitor a lot of things.

Normally GTA V is ran at Very High/Ultra at 1440P with only FXAA and 1.5x framescaling.
Ultra grass is dropped to Very High, extended view distance is disabled and high resolution shadows too.
Framerate is often somewhere in the 70-100 range but can be ocasionally higher or lower.

The above is merely what I think I've observed and what I think might be an issue related to Precision XOC.
I'm not claiming to be 100% correct but maybe it helps, even though it is not Precision X1.

i7 3930K 4.4Ghz - EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 - 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1866 - Asus Sabertooth X79 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 860 Pro 2TB - 3x HGST 7K4000 Deskstar 4TB - 3x HGST Ultrastar He10 8TB - Corsair AX1200i - Asus PG279Q + BenQ BL2411 - Razer Viper Mini/SBF98 - Logitech Z906 & G35 - Windows 10 Professional

psychoRez
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/06/26 07:09:43 (permalink)
Dare I say...They fixt it?.   A short test showed it was pretty much stable and without even any lower fps with PX1 V 0.3.19.0.  I still have trust issues, tho.  But hopefully it's true.

Tried a few benchmarks with RS6: Siege and I can't notice any differences.   With Normal app priority as well!.   

However I have a question is anybody can answer.   Windows 10 by default now prioritizes Percision X1 to "Below Normal".  Is this deliberate and a decision by the devs or is it because I set it below normal manually so many times that Windows 10 automatically does it now?.  Because I noticed when I set it to below normal now I do lose a few fps's.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile