EVGA

EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?!

Author
keintabak
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2013/06/08 16:49:02 (permalink)
Where is the EVGA Precision X manual (or 'man pages', or 'Help file', etc)?

There is no such thing included with the software, not in my current version (4.2.0.2143), nor the prior versions, nor is it on the EVGA website (unless it's virtually hidden, because I looked for it).

And what I mean by a "manual",  I mean a detailed document so that users of the EVGA Precision software can read explanations for the fields and terms listed on the main window and the tabs in the Properties dialog box.   The fact that there is a greyed out 'Help' button on every tab in the EVGA Precision 'Properties' box, means that a Help module did/does exist, right?
  • I don't need a "change log" nor a "features overview", which is already in the included 'readme.pdf'.
  • Mouse-Hovering pops up with tooltips, sadly it's mostly generic information and lacks specific explanation of the options. (I.E. the "VID usage" and other graphs on the 'Monitoring' tab of the Properties dialog box.) After laboring to develop and update this software, it seems illogical to make the users 'guess' how to use it!
  • Please, only Reply to answer the question I'm asking in the Subject of this post.  Anything else, any postulating, or speculating, or replying with 'I don't know' or 'Why don't you Google it?', then please seek attention elsewhere.
Thank you!

Oh, BTW... if you're an EVGA developer who participated in "EVGA Precision X", I have a question: Why was the 'Help' document omitted from your release?

8 Replies Related Threads

MadDawgArt
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?! 2013/06/10 12:53:27 (permalink)
    Ditto to those of us new to Evga Precision.
    EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re:EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?! 2013/06/11 14:45:53 (permalink)
    Precision is an tool designed for the advanced user, the available help files are available on the hover, on this FAQ page: http://www.evga.com/precision/#FAQ and this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/w...wfxOKCg&autoplay=1

If there are any additional questions help can be provided through these very forums.

Confector
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?! 2015/06/22 08:49:21 (permalink)
    EVGA_JacobF
    Precision is an tool designed for the advanced user, the available help files are available on the hover, on this FAQ page: and this youtube video:

If there are any additional questions help can be provided through these very forums.

I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP.   The first link provides absolutely no help.   A simple "How do I Use this properly" isn't an extreme question to ask.  A lil more forthcoming with information would be much appreciated.  

I don't do videos.  This whole movement to doing video demonstrations is annoying, I want a document, something I can look at and reference. Not a video I have to suffer through for XXX minutes until the question I'm looking for never gets asked, and never gets addressed.
    hellemans
    Re:EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?! 2015/07/18 03:06:32 (permalink)
    Still nothing changed with the new release. These guys really don't know how to make a manual I think....  :-(

mdevlin001
    Re:EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?! 2015/09/14 16:39:40 (permalink)
    I agree,  A manual would be very helpful.  This reminds me of my first Gateway computer back in the dark ages (1989).  No documentation at that time.  I think they were still shipping out of the garage or the barn.  No cow box either. 
    hdCoyote
    Re:EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?! 2016/09/20 18:39:27 (permalink)
    You'll find more valid user information than your EVGA Management recommended here 
    Killvana
    Re:EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?! 2019/03/15 01:54:52 (permalink)
    gee I really wish you had a manual, but it seems like you would rather answer questions as they come up, s in this case please help, i just purchased a EVGA 1080 FTW2 ICX GPU for alot of money.

I notice that when i LEFT click a profile on the right, the number turns green. What does this signify? I notice that I can only turn one number green at a time, also when i do this the apply button becomes clickable but only some times. What does this mean? Also, When I turn a profile number so it is green that the clocks in the main dash will change, even without pressing on apply. What does this mean and when would I ever press apply?

Next is the highlighting of these profile numbers on the right, I notice I can highlight multiple numbers at the same time with Right click, I can even highlight the profile that I have turned green with left click. what does this mean?

When I alter the clocks and setting on the main dash to what I want, how can I save that set up to a profile and then go back to how it was set up before I made any changes? How can I make a profile for the base dashboard, so no matter what I end up changing I can always load this profile to revert everything to how it was originally, I do not want to use default because then I need to reset my fan and lighting and other quality of life type settings I have made.

How do I swap from one profile to another?
    how do I unload all profiles?
    How do I load a profile so that it is applied in full? and if I make a couple tweaks to this profiles settings how can I save it to the same profile?
    What does a purple number profile signify?
    what does a highlighted profile signify?
    what does a purple number highlighted profile signify?

Thanks
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re:EVGA Precision X MANUAL /HELP FILE / DATA SHEETS... Where is it?!?! 2019/03/15 10:59:06 (permalink)
    Killvana
    gee I really wish you had a manual, but it seems like you would rather answer questions as they come up, s in this case please help, i just purchased a EVGA 1080 FTW2 ICX GPU for alot of money.

I notice that when i LEFT click a profile on the right, the number turns green. What does this signify? I notice that I can only turn one number green at a time, also when i do this the apply button becomes clickable but only some times. What does this mean? Also, When I turn a profile number so it is green that the clocks in the main dash will change, even without pressing on apply. What does this mean and when would I ever press apply?

Next is the highlighting of these profile numbers on the right, I notice I can highlight multiple numbers at the same time with Right click, I can even highlight the profile that I have turned green with left click. what does this mean?

When I alter the clocks and setting on the main dash to what I want, how can I save that set up to a profile and then go back to how it was set up before I made any changes? How can I make a profile for the base dashboard, so no matter what I end up changing I can always load this profile to revert everything to how it was originally, I do not want to use default because then I need to reset my fan and lighting and other quality of life type settings I have made.

How do I swap from one profile to another?
    how do I unload all profiles?
    How do I load a profile so that it is applied in full? and if I make a couple tweaks to this profiles settings how can I save it to the same profile?
    What does a purple number profile signify?
    what does a highlighted profile signify?
    what does a purple number highlighted profile signify?

Thanks

Maybe you should Create your Own Thread Under EVGA Software 
    Other than this being a 6 year old thread on a different generation of EVGA Precision Xxx
    https://www.evga.com/precisionx/  EVGA PrecisionX 16
    https://www.evga.com/precisionxoc/ Best Version for GTX Cards  EVGA Precision XOC
    https://www.evga.com/precisionx1/ PX1 Current RTX Version
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/03/15 11:02:47

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile