EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
DarkTrooper
  • Total Posts : 60
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/02/07 23:51:11 (permalink)
Thanks for that Info - seems like the same effect I also have.

I also have, as mentioned, the feeling that "working with the windows - or the gfx or cpu spikes caused be that " causes some disturbance - like you mentioned.
Also Typing in Word caused "stutterings" for me to, like you mentioned.
I have the "best PCI-E" Slot in my mobo - its not sharing anything as far as I can see (IRQ wise) and is the furthest away from the GPU and CPU and only the SSD drives are near it.

Kind Regards!

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/02/08 09:35:50 (permalink)
Just so you all know, we haven't forgotten about this.

With all the feedback, bug reports, and feature requests, these are all things that are in the queue for our Audio team to check out.
Fulgore243
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/02/08 10:03:45 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Just so you all know, we haven't forgotten about this.

With all the feedback, bug reports, and feature requests, these are all things that are in the queue for our Audio team to check out.

Thanks LeeM! I am and will remain a fan of EVGA's innovation and commitment to quality. I know there are always some bugs to work out with new products but such is the plight of the early adopter.
DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/02/11 00:36:50 (permalink)
Thanks @LeeM!
I will also try the new driver ASAP an see what it does.

Fulgore243
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/02/11 11:31:04 (permalink)
DarkTrooper
Thanks @LeeM!
I will also try the new driver ASAP an see what it does.

I fixed my stutter issue in multiple programs by manually updating the three ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller entries under USB Controllers in Device Manager.

I clicked Update Driver then had Microsoft do an automatic search for updated driver software, and the "updated" one was two years older than the one I had previously, but it worked great and now I have zero stutter over at least 90 minutes of audio testing.
post edited by Fulgore243 - 2019/02/11 11:36:45
DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/02/21 12:23:34 (permalink)
I have the stutters also, its very noticable in the Trailer of METRO Exodus - for some reason the trailer is very sluggish and that hits hard on the sound wich gets extremly stuttery also. Hope some driver update will appear soon :-)

DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/02/26 11:51:32 (permalink)
Edit - ok it seems I can post links - sorry I thought it did not work, the text below can be found here also --> https://forums.evga.com/Review-with-latest-Driver-Update-m2925167.aspx
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is a repost I made in the review thread, but since i can not post links and it also belongs to this thread:
Ok I have tried the latest (beta) driver (available now) and I can say – I don’t know why or how – but listening to “The Wichter”’s FLAC’s via Groovy blew me away!
I actually was just sitting there and forgetting everything for a couple of minutes - @ 32Bit and 384000khz I was touched by the music (also @ 192000) – damn it just went through to the bone and heart. In the songs provided there are some really interesting compositions and details – I heard stuff I did not notice before – like a very slight clicking of the sticks (drum I guess on the rim in the background ) I have not heard before, so much detail, damn its just something you have to listen to!

I am using the Sennheiser GSP 600 and the Nu Audio and this experience is what I got that hardware for – extremely detailed, clear and powerful music and sound – tell me what you want if you don’t hear the difference– sorry you are either not into music or might need to check with your doctor.
It’s kind of like folk’s used to tell us that 24 FPS is enough for the eye to see a moving picture… well look at the Hz Rates these days – 30hz is not much mentionable anymore.
Audio is such a crucial element in the human perception we should not underestimated its importance – not matter if its music or gaming audio in 3D environments – now it’s getting lifelike fidelity! If you are still using onboard sound, damn you don’t even know what you are missing!

So, in detail to the drives, I did still have slight klicks in the audio here and there, but much, very much reduced. If I try to produce them, like move the mouse a lot and cause visual reactions in software and what had caused it before, I would get a “klick” once in a while and twice at the start of a song like after 30 or so seconds a short stutter/pause was hearable - I saw the virus scanner starting its stuff at that time, might be causing side issues when performance suddenly is drawn.  But doing my work, like typing in word, outlook or using the desktop typical software in general seem to have lost its impact almost entirely and the pause did not occur after the first 3 songs I heard, so like the next 10 where perfect.

I also gave Metro a try, the intro/startup being stutter (game wise) I did have 3 stutters – but a lot impact on the audio then before and none when the actual intro started, I guess this is more more game related, but even here it seems that the new driver is much better.

So, thanks to the EVGA Team doing great work and being really helpful, informative and friendly on the forum – this is the way it should be in hardware and customer relations!

Kind regards,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
post edited by DarkTrooper - 2019/02/26 11:53:37

LordGTXTitan
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/02/27 08:07:06 (permalink)
DarkTrooper
I was trying to listen to some musik today again during work. I had a lot of stuttering - I got disappointed some time and sat back on my chair - and the musk played and played and played.

I was amazed and wanted to check if i saw anything pinpointing to a cause or the lack of it in this case. The moment I move my mouse (USB Connected Logitech G900 - it shortly after wards starts stuttering.

This is to 95% reproducable - the time until it starts to lack is not consistent - but leaving the mouse alone results in non stuttering musk playback - moving the mouse will result in time near stuttering of the playback.

Any Idea to check? Bandwith USB, IRQ - Stuff? I would look if I knew for what an where...

Edit: Moving to a diffrent MoBo USB Port shows noch change - unplugging or pluggin in the mouse causes a real hang on the sound card while the mouse is being "installed"  - only swithichg the sample rate will cause a playback again.

I had the same problem and it stopped when I deinstalled the Logitech Software back at the time when I was still using my Essence STX Soundcard.
DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/03/04 02:01:32 (permalink)
I did have it installed previously, but did not but it back on my system - so maybe that is a cause for it to be better now? I would check, when I find the time (install it, test, deinstall again and test). Thanks for the hint!

LordGTXTitan
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/03/05 09:57:24 (permalink)
no problem
DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/03/10 07:25:39 (permalink)
I have been looking a bit into it here and there and over at the PiMax Forum (VR) some one posted a link to the LatencyMon from resplendence (free version available) (https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon).
It measures, well, latencey. It is interesting.
I can hear music and its ok, when I start wickeling the mouse over amazons music software (e.g.) then the latency jumps up  - the same I "heard" before as there where more stutters in the audio. Now this only leads to some drops in the worst case in some cases.
Here Some Images:

Attached Image(s)

DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/03/10 07:27:36 (permalink)
I would love to post this picture in the first post - but the 500kb are spend, so here

Attached Image(s)

GGTV-Jon
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1813
  • Ribbons : 19
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/03/10 15:30:01 (permalink)
When you installed to nvidia drivers do you do the full install with all the 3d and audio stuff?
If you are not using either HDMI audio to your monitor / TV or any 3d devices reinstall your drivers doing a custom install and ditch GFE, 3d and HD Audio

DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/03/14 10:22:58 (permalink)
Yes I did a full install, I will try with out them as soon as I find the time. I do have DP Monitor with Audio, thats why I installed it all.

DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/03/17 09:18:08 (permalink)
I gave the Uninstall of the NVidia "Add Ons" a try - it did not have any positive Effekt. I still get the same issues - today after some work it was even "worse" then before - I had total fall outs and even the Audio Swaping out of the NU Card now and then. LatencyMOn still  showed that dxfkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys hat high execution times at the moments of stuttering.

DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/04/13 07:19:55 (permalink)
The latest version of the drivers improve the experience for me v0.28 and v0.1.2.7. still I can produce very slight blobs, but have to dry to do so.
Again ist the above image LatencyMon shows - NVidia Driver stuff spiking.

Edit: Added Version of the Software not only Firmware.
post edited by DarkTrooper - 2019/04/13 07:22:05

EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/04/15 09:23:25 (permalink)
The NVIDIA driver information you show is essentially the main NVIDIA driver (nvlddmkm.sys), so the problem probably won't go away anytime soon.

Have you tried using ASIO to bypass some of the processing in the OS?  Might be a way around the problem you're having.
DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/04/16 12:09:53 (permalink)
No I have not, i will give that a try - but I havent looked into it for years so i will need a bit to see what to do, but thanks for the tipp Lee!

EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/04/16 12:14:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby DarkTrooper 2019/04/17 05:10:39
DarkTrooper
No I have not, i will give that a try - but I havent looked into it for years so i will need a bit to see what to do, but thanks for the tipp Lee!

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/?f=59748

Of course, you can select most other players.  Not sure about Groove or Media Player supporting it, however.  If you follow the FAQ, you can skip most of the stuff about DSD and just install the ASIO plugin.  After you restart foobar2k, set the default output to ASIO: NU Audio to force it to play that way.
DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/04/16 13:23:04 (permalink)
Thanks! I will try it.

DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/04/17 05:10:18 (permalink)
I tried it - I don't get any stutters in FooBar2000 that way - and it sound damn great!

"The way its meant to be heard" I would say! ;-)

Thanks for the Help @EVGATech_LeeM

EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/04/17 09:55:52 (permalink)
DarkTrooper
I tried it - I don't get any stutters in FooBar2000 that way - and it sound damn great!

"The way its meant to be heard" I would say! ;-)

Thanks for the Help @EVGATech_LeeM

That's great to hear.  I suspect that there's enough crossover between applications that allowing typical OS processing for the audio caused the stuttering.  ASIO bypasses that, and uses a different buffer via the NU Audio Card, so it would make perfect sense if that resolved it, which it has.

Keep in mind that you can also play around with buffer size in the NU Audio software to reduce/increase latency when you're using ASIO.  Try lowering the buffer size to improve quality, but if you start getting pops, stuttering, or hissing, go back up to the next buffer size.  The "Safe Mode" button just provides a little bit more of a buffer size than what you've currently selected.  Nothing wrong with deselecting it; it just means that if you're between buffer sizes, having it on might bridge the gap.

Although foobar2000 is a very popular software, there are a number of other good ones out there that will allow you to select ASIO.  Some paid, some free.  I use foobar myself, but eventually I'll probably look around.  If you've not used it before, there are a ton of user-created skins that might be more to your liking than the default ones.  DeviantArt used to have a great repository of foobar2k skins, but I'm sure other sites have them too.
DarkTrooper
Re: EVGA NU Audio : Stuttering Audio Playback when Play FLAC with Grovy or MediaPlayer 2019/04/17 13:57:51 (permalink)
Thanks! Good Tipps!
I just have to check how I manage the streaming habit to better sound quality. Amazon Music is rather restricted in many terms… might be time to change to a more audiophile service.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile