EVGA

EVGA NU Audio Card, making sound cards relevant again

Author
Davebe
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/07/25 16:59:33 (permalink)
This is a review of EVGAs latest to date NU Audio card.
Let's start with a tiny bit of background about me when I got this card. I am a bit of an audiophile but not to an extreme. I refuse to use wireless earphones and sacrifice the clarity and bass provided by my 1more Quad drivers. I also replaced all of my car speakers to JBL speakers and installed a new headunit with quality drivers to match. When it was convenient a set of Klipsch R15m bookshelf speakers along with a Klipsch SW10 10in subwoofer made their way into my possession, driven by a Yamaha receiver. This was coupled to my PC via the optical connection off of my highend motherboard. The sound quality was great, and I was pretty happy as it was until I took a close look at the NU Audio card. Fast forward a couple months and I am opening a brand new audio card. Just like EVGAs graphics cards, they made this card with NU Audio to have a very rugged and sturdy composition that expresses quality. Sizing is manageable and looks are symmetrical as well as modern. Installing the card was sadly not as appealing as looking at it because it requires a sata power connector which as most of you know is always a bear for cable management. Luckily for EVGA that is where the negatives stop, because after installing the card and running hard wire, the resulting sound blew me away. I got to achieve much more clarity in the lows and highs that I did not even know were missing. The optical output of my MOBO did these Klipsch speakers no justice, but with the help of EVGA and NU Audio I can now experience a purer sound. 

Summing up these points,
Cons: Sata power! Could it be a four or a six or an eight pin even would have been a lot easier in terms of cable management. On that note I would actually like a full PCIE 16x card just for power delivery
Pros: Potentially unmatched sound quality. Your expected EVGA quality. Styling to match.

My conclusion is that if you are any sort of audiophile and do not have the most constrained budget, definitely make room in your budget for this card! You may not want to hear music that is not driven through it...

5 Replies Related Threads

ELIESEH
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: EVGA NU Audio Card, making sound cards relevant again 2019/07/28 23:39:08 (permalink)
    Hello,
    Thanks for your review.
    I have Edifier S2000PRO and looking to buy EVGA NU.
    Question, your improvement in sound quality is with connecting your speakers with analogue output from EVGA NU (RED and WHITE) and not optical output from EVGA NU yes ?
    best regards
    Davebe
    Re: EVGA NU Audio Card, making sound cards relevant again 2019/07/29 07:10:19 (permalink)
    Hey Elieseh,
    Glad you are interested in this card, but to address your question yes I indeed did use the AV analogue output of the NU Audio card. I imagine that the optical output wouldn't provide much of an improvement over my prior sound quality as the best way to utilize the NU Audio drivers is through the analogue output so your Receiver only has to amplify the signal and not convert it losing quality at that point.
    Hope that helped clear up your decision I can't speak against the quality of the S2000PRO but I can assure you the NU Audio will not disappoint. Best of luck!
    -Davebe
    ELIESEH
    Re: EVGA NU Audio Card, making sound cards relevant again 2019/07/29 11:00:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for your reply, you mean you used the RED and WHITE output yes? The first two output of EVGA NU. My S2000PRO has RED and WHITE RCA input, and it has cable with two WHITE and RED input/output so i need to used them with EVGA NU yes?

In addition, did you see an improvements in sound clarity? the most important thing to me is treble clarity and deep clean base.
    Thank u for your help.
    I love sound, my ears are supper sensitive to noise and harsh sound. I have very good sound from my s2000pro but i need the best of the best. Source is very important.
    post edited by ELIESEH - 2019/07/29 11:06:15
    Davebe
    Re: EVGA NU Audio Card, making sound cards relevant again 2019/07/29 15:24:08 (permalink)
    Yes I did use the analog RCA red and white cables. You can use your current ones with the NU Audio but I believe that the RCA cables are output only. You could use the digital audio output too but again your receiver has to convert that so depending on the quality of your receiver this may not be the best option.

Onto your second question the improvement I experienced was indeed across pretty much all frequency ranges but mostly so in the lows with noticably cleaner bass. As for the tremble the improvement was definitely there but didn't alter the experience as much as the improvement in the lows. This could also just be because of my hearing as I work with many different loud things.

Please ask any other questions you have I'll remind you I'm no expert just and enthusiast that works long hours to pay for some nice stuff. Hope this helps!
    -Davebe
    ELIESEH
    Re: EVGA NU Audio Card, making sound cards relevant again 2019/07/29 16:07:40 (permalink)
    I bought it 👍 EVGA NU. Thank u
    And also I bought with it kabledirekt RCA to RCA premium quality 6 feet double shielded cable. Details matter.
    Me to, my money are hard earned from my job and i LOVE music
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile