EVGA NU AUDIO question

Author
James071966
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/06/06 15:23:48 (permalink)
Question   
Love the new sound card but has anyone experience distorted audio  while playback audio.  It just started this in the past week and I removed the driver and re-installed to see if that would correct it but it's started again..   will keep a eye on it as the last resort is formatting the computer as windows does updates all the time and wondering if the update affected the drivers for the sound card.  Oh and I notice it will happen when I use the keyboard and mouse.

James 

2 Replies Related Threads

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA NU AUDIO question 2019/06/10 06:19:30 (permalink)
    Have you tested a different set of speakers or headset?

Are you experiencing the issue on a specific port?
    James071966
    • Total Posts : 18
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA NU AUDIO question 2019/06/10 14:12:20 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply  as I didn't want to answer till I made sure everything is working right.
    My Speakers are the Audio Engine 5+  with a Sub 8 as I using the Stereo RCA output

What I did which I think solved the problem as my motherboard is the MSI MEG Z390 ACE  and hopefully help others I moved the card from the PCIe 3.0 x1 (PCH lanes) to  PCIe 3.0 x4 (CPU lanes)
    Then I did a clean install of Windows 10 to make sure no other left over Creative Audio drivers are around as it take me less then a hour to be back where I was before I format.
    One thing I didn't install was Bitdefender as to install Nu Audio Drivers you need to disable Bitdefender or it will reject the driver install. 

Well I think this solved the issue I am hopping it was the Antivirus messing with the card ...   

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile