EVGA

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP

Author
Csciple
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/11/29 11:44:43 (permalink)
Recently I have been having a lot of issues with game crashes. It started out only on Cod games, but now it is affecting simple games such as Valorant, Kovaak's aim trainer, etc. and has real bad 'artifacting/screen tearing' when trying to run the Heaven Benchmark and crashes every time I try and run it(It basically flashes white in different places-screen goes black-then freezes up) (for games it usually crashes and gives direct x errors for most - even with making games run d11 in extra command lines). However, when I run gpu.userbenchmark it says my GPU is running at 98.8% (
I've tried reinstalling drivers, repairing and reinstalling games, the typical ins and outs, as well as applying new thermal paste to the gpu, but I have not gotten any success to stop the game/heaven crashes.

I mostly use my computer for gaming (~10-15hrs/week) - 3D programs such as Blender and CAD (~10-15hrs/week) - then the rest of the time (since Feb2021) I mine Ethereum on a very low overclock through MSI Afterburner. (+25 core ; +50 memory) the max overclock I've ever been successful with on Heaven was +50 core ; +100 memory, so I just cut it in half to be safe. Other than mining, I usually never run an overclock. Also when I do mine, I leave the door open for max airflow with aggressive fan profiles and I have never seen the temp even get close to 60C. From my understanding, mining should not have any greater affect on degradation of the card than typical use. 

With me being at work rn, I cannot get into my BIOS and tell you all the details there, but the only thing I have ever messed with in that was OC for the RAM and setting up custom fan curves for temps. Does anyone have any insight on what could be happening or how I could best troubleshoot this? Thank you so much in advance!

PC Specs:
Mobo: ASRock B550M Pro4 AMD AM4
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x w/ Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 Water Cooling Kit
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC (Purchased 5/13/2020)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaw V (2x8GB) 3600Mhz (underclocked to 3400 bc apparently mobo does not support it at 3600)
SSD: Silicon Power P34A80 1TB M.2-2280 (x1) --- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-2280 (x1)
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W Fully Modular
post edited by Csciple - 2021/11/29 12:19:00

8 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AnthonyS
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 149
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP 2021/11/29 16:36:31 (permalink)
    For crashing issues  like this, please check what the +12v is running at. If the +12v rail is fluctuating or sitting outside the 11.6-12.4v reading, it can cause GPU related issues. You can find the instructions for this HERE. (I'd suggest watching this value for about 2-3 minutes and note any fluctuations.) Alternatively, you can send us an email directly at support@evga.com

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Csciple
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP 2021/11/29 18:21:36 (permalink)

My 12v was holding constant at 12.144v, what would you suggest outside of the voltage?

Here are images of bios and all error messages
    post edited by Csciple - 2021/11/29 18:23:21
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP 2021/11/29 23:54:30 (permalink)
    Well now that you mentioned that you mined on your card your warranty will surely be void...

What is not covered by this Limited Warranty

This Limited Warranty applies only to Products used in accordance with this Limited Warranty and EVGA's published documentation, and does not cover:

• Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the Products including but not limited to damages caused as a result of neglect, abuse, accidents, misuse, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress (including due to uninterrupted use of the Products, or use of the Products for blockchain processing, cryptocurrency mining, or similar purposes).

Source: https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

You could try baking the card since your warranty will most likely be void... https://www.overclockers.com/the-oven-trick-repairing-your-broken-video-card-with-an-oven/ 

Bake the gpu will the gpu die facing upwards instead of down as shown in the article. Make sure you bake your card in an oven that isn't used for food as well just to be safe.

Csciple
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP 2021/11/30 05:29:57 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Well now that you mentioned that you mined on your card your warranty will surely be void...

What is not covered by this Limited Warranty

This Limited Warranty applies only to Products used in accordance with this Limited Warranty and EVGA's published documentation, and does not cover:

• Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the Products including but not limited to damages caused as a result of neglect, abuse, accidents, misuse, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress (including due to uninterrupted use of the Products, or use of the Products for blockchain processing, cryptocurrency mining, or similar purposes).

Source: 

You could try baking the card since your warranty will most likely be void...  

Bake the gpu will the gpu die facing upwards instead of down as shown in the article. Make sure you bake your card in an oven that isn't used for food as well just to be safe.

Sajin,
    Thanks for your input! For some reason I guess my photos are not uploading, but I am running a simultaneous thread on another site to try and get as much insight as possible. Link below:
    https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/799910-EVGA-RTX-2070-XC-Crashing-Artifacting-HELP?p=8171836#post8171836

Basically I can get it to not artifact and crash benchmarks by underclocking memory (-750) and leaving everything else default.

For the warranty, my card was marked as '-RX' so I am 6mo overdue on the 1yr warranty. However, I do not like the warranty terms. I understand if it is a miner 24/7-365, but I only mined occasionally while at work. That would be like buying a sports car and saying if you drive it fast the warranty is voided lol. Anyway it does not matter, opinions are like s

Getting into your response, this could be do-able, as I have air aging ovens where I work. I will look into this, but what makes you recommend the gpu die facing up instead of how the article suggest?
    Thanks again!
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP 2021/11/30 10:57:27 (permalink)
    Well I guess you could do it that way if you wanted to, but I would do it die side up incase any component were to loosen up too much and fall off.
    Csciple
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP 2021/11/30 11:41:28 (permalink)
    I did it how you said, with die side up once I thought about it. 9min @ 196.1C then let it cool and got it all put back together. Check back around 6:30 EST to see if this fixes the issue! I'm crossing my fingers that's for sure. I definitely do not want to purchase a new GPU for 3x what I paid for this one...
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP 2021/11/30 13:38:10 (permalink)
    👍
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC - Crashing/Artifacting HELP 2021/12/01 19:56:29 (permalink)
    So did the baking fix it for ya?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile