EVGA

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti having display issues.

Author
sc2687
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/10/12 02:08:42 (permalink)
I am having a rather weird problem with my desktop and any advice would be appreciated.

I set up my desktop last year and it has been working perfectly fine for the last year, however for the last month my HDMI port has stopped working. I started using my display port which works perfectly fine, but every time I restart or switch on my computer I need to restart a minimum of 3 times before the display port gets a signal from the desktop. Once it does the display is perfectly fine and doesn't glitch or have any scaling issues. 

The problem started after I moved the desktop from my home to my studio, but i have done it multiple times over the last year and it has never had such a problem. 
I have tried multiple monitors and hdmi cables, but my laptop connects perfectly well with them; not my desktop.

1 Reply Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31266
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 181
    Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti having display issues. 2018/10/12 08:58:38 (permalink)
    Sounds like the hdmi output on your card is toast since the hdmi cables work fine with your laptop. Is your display port cable vesa certified?

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile