EVGA

EVGA GeForce GT 1030 not recognized after installation

Author
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/02 20:26:27 (permalink)
I just installed an EVGA GeForce GT 1030 into a PC a made a few years ago. The motherboard is an X470 Aorus Ultragaming. The OS is Windows 10 Home which is fully updated. I needed a new video card because I bought a new Android TV with HDMI 2.0 ports. The motherboard has onboard video with HDMI 1.0 ports. It worked fine until Google did an update to Android 8 TV a few months ago. The TV decided it didn't like the HDMI 1.0 after that. I use the TV as as an additional monitor sometimes. Not being able to use it was annoying. Therefore the EVGA GeForce GT 1030 with it's HDMI 2.0 port.

When I ran the installation CD, it told me I hadn't stuck the new card into the PC. This is the 5th or 6th PC I've built in the past 20 years. I know how to jam a card into a PCie slot. I found the current drivers on the EVGA support site, tried to install them, and got the same result. I Googled around, and found that some others had the same problem.

I called tech support, sat on hold for ten minutes, all the while being told by the semi-intelligent phone robot lady that I was next in line. Finally, she advised me that, if I press 1, I will be called back by tech support when they were done with the single person ahead of me. It is now 1 1/2 hours later and no return call.

Can anyone here advise me on this?

6 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 not recognized after installation 2020/01/02 20:39:00 (permalink)
    Did you disable the onboard/integrated GPU in the motherboard BIOS? Do you have your computer monitor connected to the GT 1030? When you boot up the computer with the computer monitor connected to the GT 1030, do you see an image on the screen and everything looks pretty much normal?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Re: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 not recognized after installation 2020/01/03 11:06:39 (permalink)
    The drivers simply would not load. The system does not recognize that the video card exists. You can't do anything if the system does not think the video card is installed. Did you not actually read what I wrote? Why would you call yourself ty-ger? I figured I'd get an answer like this. i'm out of here.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 not recognized after installation 2020/01/03 11:36:18 (permalink)
    Try testing the card in another pci-e slot. If that doesn't help try testing the card in another pc.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 not recognized after installation 2020/01/03 12:32:28 (permalink)
    Dean Cooper
    The drivers simply would not load. The system does not recognize that the video card exists. You can't do anything if the system does not think the video card is installed. Did you not actually read what I wrote? Why would you call yourself ty-ger? I figured I'd get an answer like this. i'm out of here.

Drivers not loading is different than video card not working at all.  You say that you can't install the drivers, but then you say that the card is not recognized at all.  It is not possible to even start attempting the driver install process while staring at a blank monitor which never turned on and never showed an image in the first place. Due to these contradictions, I cannot guess which small tidbits of information you have provided are accurate and which ones are inaccurate.

If you are only having an issue with the driver installation process, the video card will still output properly to the monitor using the basic display driver which every video card uses.  There would be no hardware acceleration, but you would be able to see an image from the time you turn on the computer until the time that you turn the computer back off.

I have no idea what "does not recognize that the video card exists" means.  You obviously can see SOMETHING on SOME monitor, otherwise you would have no way of even attempting to start the driver installation process.  So, PLEASE clarify WHICH monitor connected to WHICH video output you are using to see the driver installation process.

Please answer these questions directly:

1) Did you disable the onboard/integrated GPU in the motherboard BIOS?
    2) Do you have your computer monitor connected to the GT 1030?
    3) When you boot up the computer with the computer monitor connected to the GT 1030, do you see an image on the screen and everything looks pretty much normal?

If you have not disabled the onboard/integrated GPU and you do not have the primary computer monitor (completely disregard and do not use the TV at this time in the process) connected to the GT 1030, that is the first reason why you would be having these issues.  You must not use the integrated GPU at this time and must have the one and only monitor connected to the GT 1030 at this time.

If you do that, confirm that you have done that, and let us know whether the screen remains blank the whole time, or you see an image, we will all be on the same page and the possible solutions will be vastly different. Until then, you're are really wasting your own time by being offended that someone asks you a question about something which you never explained.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/01/03 12:51:41

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 not recognized after installation 2020/01/03 13:02:09 (permalink)
    Dean Cooper,

Your motherboard supports HDMI 2.0 according to these specs.  It would be very strange for a motherboard this new to have HDMI 1.0.  I think the Android TV is the problem, not the HDMI ports.

Onboard Graphics

Integrated Graphics Processor:
    1. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@60 Hz*
      * Support for HDMI 2.0 version and HDCP 2.2.*
      * Actual support may vary by CPU.
    Maximum shared memory of 2 GB

As for the GT1030, make sure your Windows is 64 bit and that you grabbed the NVidia 64 bit driver.  Go here: www.nvidia.com/driver You don't need to get the drivers from the install disk or the EVGA website, as they are all nvidia drivers. If you have the wrong driver, it can cause weird issues or say there is no supported devices sometimes.

Also, which CPU are you using, and what is the part number of your GT1030? (Part Number, not serial number.. not trying to insult you, but it has to be stated because some people give the serial instead of the part.)
    Re: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 not recognized after installation 2020/01/03 18:26:57 (permalink)
    I thank everyone who has given me advice on this. While the motherboard technically supports HDMI 2.0, the port is the old style 1.0, which may be contributing to the problem. After maybe 4-5 hours of research, i.e., Googling, the EVGA 10 series apparently has problems with some systems. There are complaints that tech support has no real answer. Noone from tech support has returned my call.

I would think that the installation software should be able to say something than 'board not recognized'. Also, nowhere does EVGA say you should disable the the video on the motherboard, pr otherwise screw around with BIOS settings.

And, yes, I made sure that I downloaded the Windows 10 64 bit drivers.

As I said, I have built my own PC's for the past twenty years. I modified the computers that I bought ready made. I am no coder, though.

I have solved the problem by returning the board to Amazon and getting a  . It's way more expensive, but it has lots of ports and I didn't find any significant complaints.

I'll be 68 at the end of the month. I'm getting to old to spend my time dorking around with this sort of stuff.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile