EVGA

EVGA G2 850W - Difference in VGA-connectors from PSU?

Author
Elusi
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2020/10/29 06:06:54 (permalink)
Hi! I read the manual once more for the G2 and noticed that "VGA 1" and "VGA 2" connectors are specified to use the 8pin to 8pin PCIe power cables whereas "VGA 3" and "VGA 4" are specified to support the 8pin to 8+6 pin (two-connector) cables. Is the internal wiring different?

edit: removing my theory about coil whine due to this because it turned out to be wrong. Still interested in hearing if there is a physical difference in capacity between connectors, though!
post edited by Elusi - 2020/10/29 08:24:30

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA G2 850W - Difference in VGA-connectors from PSU? 2020/10/30 16:30:47 (permalink)
    G2 850W PSU manual pdf

page 9 of PDF --- (or Page 7 of manual)

Indicates placement as you have mentioned above .... I do not know if the wires are safe to use in the other sockets of the PSU

I do not have the Pin-outs - it could be different for those positions of the PSU

You might find a great review on the web with those details or .... you would have to test each pin to determine if they are the same ...

or ask EVGA Customer service, if they have documentation

Attached Image(s)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile