EVGA Dual Xeon Boards

Author
CamCoop
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/03/13 14:36:04 (permalink)
Hi everyone,

I recently stumbled upon EVGA's dual xeon motherboards boards, the SR-2 & SR-X. I also found an which I'm not sure is accurate but talked about a potential SR-4 board containing 4 cpu sockets back in 2010, which would be a cool concept in my opinion. My question is, does EVGA plan to make anymore multi-socket motherboards in the near future? I know the SR-2 & SR-X are discontinued but other manufactures are like ASUS & ASRock are currently manufacturing and updating their multi-socket boards, like ASUS' & . Being a PC builder/enthusiast I like to try different things with my builds and I'm sure I that many supporters of EVGA and other manufactures would like to see a new if not more multi-socket boards.

Link to the article - 

Thanks for reading and adding your input!

5 Replies Related Threads

• Total Posts : 82
    Re: EVGA Dual Xeon Boards 2017/03/14 09:12:34 (permalink)
    Hello CamCoop,
    Welcome to the forums.  Unfortunately the SR line is no longer being manufactured and is very unlikely that these boards will have a newer revision in the future.  I still see these for sale occasionally second hand though it would be very hard to find a new inbox item.  Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
    EVGA 
    CamCoop
    Re: EVGA Dual Xeon Boards 2017/03/14 11:50:42 (permalink)
    EVGATech_RobertS
    Hello CamCoop,
    Welcome to the forums.  Unfortunately the SR line is no longer being manufactured and is very unlikely that these boards will have a newer revision in the future.  I still see these for sale occasionally second hand though it would be very hard to find a new inbox item.  Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
    EVGA 

Thanks for you replay RobertS. It's a shame that the SR boards will most likely not return. On another note, does EVGA plan on making and RGB motherboards in the future? 
    Re: EVGA Dual Xeon Boards 2017/03/14 12:04:41 (permalink)
    Hello CamCoop,  

I have not heard any plans yet for an RGB board though the new Z270's were just released to accommodate the kabylake chips so it is hard to say if there will be a revision on those or a completely new board available.
    CamCoop
    Re: EVGA Dual Xeon Boards 2017/03/15 09:29:40 (permalink)
    EVGATech_RobertS
    Hello CamCoop,  

I have not heard any plans yet for an RGB board though the new Z270's were just released to accommodate the kabylake chips so it is hard to say if there will be a revision on those or a completely new board available.

Thanks for the info. Much Appreciated!
    Re: EVGA Dual Xeon Boards 2017/03/15 10:05:29 (permalink)
    Hello CamCoop, you are most welcome.  Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
    EVGA
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile