EVGA

EVGA Drivers Won't Install

Author
FireHazard01
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/13 15:33:23 (permalink)
I recently bought the Nu Audio sound card on Amazon and I can't get the software to work at all. Any time I try to install the drivers, I get an error message telling me they did not install correctly and I need to restart my computer and try again (this does nothing). Every driver version gives me this same issue. Before anyone asks, fast startup is off, it is connected with a 5 wire SATA cable, and the logo lights up on the side when I turn the computer on. I have no other pcie slots to use, but I know the one it is in works (more on that below).

The card shows up in the device manager, but it is under "other devices" instead of "audio inputs and outputs". If I click on it, it says the device is not configured correctly. Any attempts to update the drivers as it suggests results in it saying it found the drivers I need, but couldn't install them.

I have gotten it to work once when I did a system restore point to before I attempted to install the drivers. The computer took about 30 minutes to start up, but when it did it was already selected as the default audio device and everything was working fine. It appeared under "audio inputs and outputs" and I could hear sound.

Windows had installed whatever drivers it had, so I went on the EVGA website and tried to install those drivers again just in case it was still required. Unfortunately, the drivers ruined everything and it no longer appeared under the right section in the device manager. It was back to being under "other devices". I couldn't hear anything anymore, and I started getting the same errors as shown in the pictures above. It is no longer an option I can select for audio. So I was basically back where I was in the beginning. For whatever reason, Windows got rid of the restore point, so I can't use that method again.

I know the audio card itself works, but the software is a complete mess and ruins everything. This has to be the most frustrating software I have ever come across.

UPDATE: I managed to fix it again, but there's no way I can download and use the control software from the website without it messing up the card. I basically have to stick with the default settings.

Specs:
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Zotac 2060 Super
G.Skill Trident Z 32gb DDR4-3200
Corsair RM 850
post edited by FireHazard01 - 2020/05/13 19:27:34

11 Replies Related Threads

cyber44030
    • Total Posts : 56
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/14 19:05:01 (permalink)
    Use these drivers. 2.1.10 some users are having the same problem. rolling back to 2.1.7 works. make sure you uninstall all software and drivers for the card before installing these, and delete EVGA folder in AppData/Local. https://cdn.evga.com/nuau...udio_0.2.1.7_WIN10.exe
    post edited by cyber44030 - 2020/05/15 15:26:43
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/15 14:58:44 (permalink)
    With an X570, you may need to disable C-States in the BIOS, and to try setting the PCIe slot to PCIe 3 or lower.  See if that helps.
    FireHazard01
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/15 17:24:41 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    With an X570, you may need to disable C-States in the BIOS, and to try setting the PCIe slot to PCIe 3 or lower.  See if that helps.

It still tells me the drivers failed to install correctly and it messes things up again. Just to be sure though, I set the PCIE slot configuration in the BIOS to gen3, and I disabled the global c-state control. Was there anything else I should have done? My device manager also thinks the audio card is a USB device for whatever reason. So even when I do have sound in general, some programs won't have any sound (or won't work at all) because they don't like that sound is coming from a USB device instead of speakers.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/15 17:32:54 (permalink)
    It will show up as a USB device due to the card's design using a USB-based XMOS chip, but it uses an ASMedia USB to PCIe bridge chip to connect via PCIe.

You can still set the PCIe slot configuration even lower to PCIe Gen 1, and the card will work fine. 

Your board has a Realtek controller, and we've advised these steps before.  Remove the EVGA NU Audio drivers first, then use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the Realtek software.  Reboot, and try to reinstall the NU Audio Drivers to see if it works.  If that still doesn't work, try to directly update the ASMedia USB 3.0 driver with this:  https://cdn.evga.com/nuaudiocard/ASMUSBHost_V116591WHQL.zip.

Also, if you have the Gigabyte USB Blocker software installed, I'd probably suggest removing that, as well.
    FireHazard01
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/15 20:21:07 (permalink)
    I still couldn't get the drivers to install correctly and the audio card is back to being listed under "other devices" again. I had set the configuration to gen 1. I uninstalled Realtek with DDU and the only sound options left are: (S/PDIF) high definition audio device, NVIDIA high definition audio, and NVIDIA virtual audio device. Apparently I already had the ASMedia driver installed because the only options were repair and uninstall. I tried the repair option, then I uninstalled and reinstalled it with no change. I never installed the USB blocker software so that wasn't an issue.

There was still the problem of some games not having sound due to the USB and another one that wouldn't start at all because it "failed to initialize sound card", although I don't know if that problem would be fixed by getting the drivers to install. Unless there are any more possible solutions, I may end up having to get rid of the card. I've never had drivers just refuse to install like this before.
    cyber44030
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/15 22:14:46 (permalink)
    FireHazard01
    I still couldn't get the drivers to install correctly and the audio card is back to being listed under "other devices" again. I had set the configuration to gen 1. I uninstalled Realtek with DDU and the only sound options left are: (S/PDIF) high definition audio device, NVIDIA high definition audio, and NVIDIA virtual audio device. Apparently I already had the ASMedia driver installed because the only options were repair and uninstall. I tried the repair option, then I uninstalled and reinstalled it with no change. I never installed the USB blocker software so that wasn't an issue.

There was still the problem of some games not having sound due to the USB and another one that wouldn't start at all because it "failed to initialize sound card", although I don't know if that problem would be fixed by getting the drivers to install. Unless there are any more possible solutions, I may end up having to get rid of the card. I've never had drivers just refuse to install like this before.

Go to start, Right Click, This PC, Property's, Advanced System Settings, Hardware TAB, Device Installation Settings, Select No and save.  Disable NVIDIA high definition audio & NVIDIA virtual audio and Uninstall and ASMedia driver in device manager. Uninstall and delete EVGA Software and Driver, Go in Program Files and Delete EVGA, EVGA NuAudio and EVGA_NahimicAPI Folders. Also EVGA Folder in C./Users/USERNAME/AppData/Local Reboot and Disco from internet to keep windows update from searching from drivers. Install Driver 2.1.7. Reboot. Test audio and make sure Nvidia's Audio software is still disabled. Hope fully this works.

FireHazard01
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/16 07:41:24 (permalink)
    I disabled and uninstalled everything, but still no luck. The sound card currently says it has no drivers installed, but I still can't get 2.1.7 to work. I don't know what could possibly be interfering with the install at this point. If I open the device when it gets moved to "other devices", it just says "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)"
    post edited by FireHazard01 - 2020/05/16 07:45:42
    cyber44030
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/16 08:17:08 (permalink)
    Try resetting windows. Had a user have as hard as a time as you are having do this and seem to work. Start, type reset this PC, select get started, select keep my files then let it run.
    DamonLynch
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 172
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/16 10:24:22 (permalink)
    I have the exact same motherboard and CPU. I was able to install driver EVGA_NU_Audio_0.2.1.10_WIN10.exe with no difficulties.

However, I had a lot of problems with the same audio card using earlier drivers on an X470 motherboard I previously used. When I replaced it with the X570 motherboard, I may have started over with a fresh Windows install too. But maybe not. My memory is hazy.

Perhaps the main thing is to get the card's firmware up to date using the latest driver. You might find things run more smoothly. I don't know for sure if the card's firmware is somehow influencing your problems, but it might be.

One other thing of note is that I do not install the Nahimic software.

It's a real shame EVGA drivers are not as robust as they should be.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/18 09:46:05 (permalink)
    cyber44030
    Try resetting windows. Had a user have as hard as a time as you are having do this and seem to work. Start, type reset this PC, select get started, select keep my files then let it run.

That's always an option, and it works more often than we'd all like to admit (I'm just talking about my own personal experience with plenty of other devices), but it's not usually the first thing I want to ask customers to do, unless it's a brand new install of Windows or the customer has a spare hard drive to test a clean install of Windows.

I'm going to have our Audio team look at the issues here.  I've been in Motherboard land for the last month or so, so I'll check to see if we have any diagnostic stuff we can send the OP to try to pare this down a little.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA Drivers Won't Install 2020/05/18 11:17:40 (permalink)
    Be sure you have the latest version of Win10..There have been problems installing graphics drivers if Windows isn't updated, maybe it's the same with the Nu Audio drivers.

Go to the Microsoft Win10 Update Assistant, click 'Update now', then 'Run'.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile