EVGA

AnsweredHot!EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers.

Author
eXcalibur239
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/16 18:46:37 (permalink)
Any admins planning on coming into the community servers? Literally 2/3 of the players are just aimbotting and bunny hopping.

the_Scarlet_one
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 19618
  • Ribbons : 75
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/16 18:53:07 (permalink)
Oh, thats rough!

Hopefully one of the admins can get control of this.

<- Clickable link to my Main PC Specs
BizSAR
EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 1010
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/18 18:38:32 (permalink)
The bunny-hopping isn't really a punishable offense.
We'll keep an eye out for the rest. Plus, if stats are obviously skewed (from aim-botting, etc.) they will get filtered out for prizing/disqualified.

~BizSAR
BS-Mods 2016 PDXLAN Charity build + EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q

the_Scarlet_one
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/18 19:52:03 (permalink)
Scripting.. aka bunny hops, is a ban-able offense per valve. Doesnt EVGA follow valve rules with things like that?

BizSAR
EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 1010
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/18 20:12:14 (permalink)
If it's bannable by Valve, wouldn't it be covered by VAC? You can report the offender through their Steam Community profile.
post edited by BizSAR - 2018/07/18 20:16:15

~BizSAR
BS-Mods 2016 PDXLAN Charity build + EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q

the_Scarlet_one
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/18 20:24:32 (permalink)
Does VAC catch every hacker? If you have to go through a verify obviously skewed scores, I would guess that valve didnt catch them either. So, if VAC protects the servers, why verify anything?

Certain scripting is against CSGO rules and is covered by Game Bans, since VAC usually can not detect a script.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6945
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/22 20:47:31 (permalink)
BizSAR
The bunny-hopping isn't really a punishable offense.
We'll keep an eye out for the rest. Plus, if stats are obviously skewed (from aim-botting, etc.) they will get filtered out for prizing/disqualified.

There was a Spin aim-botter by the name of "daddy"

B-Hopping should be a punishable offense by eVGA because it's scripting (Or part of the hacks as well).

VAC catches hacks only if the hack is outdated, VAC won't catch hacks that keep getting updated, nor will you get overwatched since this isn't competitive.

P.S. OP is my nephew, We've been playing recently and haven't seen any hackers lately. They must've got bored.

ChristianB
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 689
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/24 12:18:20 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby EVGATech_ThomasN 2018/07/24 12:55:11
Anything that requires a script or executable to run is a bannable offense.
Admins try their best to catch them when reports come in.
If anyone sees this happening, please report it here on the forums or email egc@evga.com
Please be aware that even if a player isn't dealt with right away, we'll always follow up by the time the event ends.
If someone is found to be using such tools then they will be disqualified.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, VAC isn't perfect. It can't catch everything. There was a wave of VAC bans handed out last week. I think some 10k+ accounts were banned. Hackers/exploiters will always come up with new ways to get around it.

EVGA DG-86 ¤ EVGA Z87 FTW ¤ EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2
EVGA 650W P2 ¤ EVGA CLC 120 ¤ EVGA TORQ X5L
Grainz ¤ EVGA Twitch
Christian Burns ¤ cburns@evga.com
888-881-3842 ¤ EVGA Technical Support
LeRaldo
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/25 23:06:35 (permalink)
Anything that can be done by scripting in-game is not banned by VAC, and shouldn't be banned by EVGA, either. That said, real bunny hopping is not scriptable in CS:GO like it was in 1.6 and CS:S, and furthermore, bunny hopping in CS:GO is not problematic anyways.

As for looking for "skewed stats" as an indication of cheating, this is the wrong way to go about it. When I was playing in EVGA gaming events, I (and others) could easily have skewed stats without trying simply because I was playing vs bots 99% of the time. If I actually tried (e.g. turned off music, sat up in my chair, focused, used real weapons instead of joke weapons), it's extremely easy to do something like 40-0 in a deathmatch vs bots, regularly. Cheating should be verified by an admin seeing it take place, and nothing else, as it's easy to doctor evidence to falsely accuse someone, and 3rd party testimony is not always the most reliable.

Intel Xeon X5460 / ASUS P5K-E / 8GB DDR2-800 OCZ & G.Skill / EVGA GeForce GTX 480 / Intel 240GB SSD / HGST 5TB HDD / Corsair 620W PSU / Antec P182 Case
the_Scarlet_one
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/26 03:46:10 (permalink)
since many hackers use BHops for an extra bump in advantage, how would it not be a problem?

Valve has it listed as a Major Offense in overwatch. If it isnt a problem, why can you be permanently game banned and if the script or hack is picked up it is an instant ban.

EVGA has a community server. I do not know if the official valve server ban would also apply to evga servers.

LeRaldo
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/26 09:22:38 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
since many hackers use BHops for an extra bump in advantage, how would it not be a problem?

Valve has it listed as a Major Offense in overwatch. If it isnt a problem, why can you be permanently game banned and if the script or hack is picked up it is an instant ban.

EVGA has a community server. I do not know if the official valve server ban would also apply to evga servers.

Bunny hopping is not advantageous in CS:GO, due to the maximum speed you can achieve doing it being heavily capped, and due to weapon accuracy being severely affected when in the air + shortly after landing. Doing 2-3 consecutive jumps may be useful to try to make it harder to be hit over a narrow passage, or for certain trick jumps, but that's not what we're talking about. Cheaters do not need bhopping for any sort of "advantage", they do it just to clown around and make it obvious they are cheating, in much the same way if they were spinbotting.

Valve has it listed as an overwatch-able ban because it's obvious you are cheating if you can bunny hop with 100% consistency (for more than 2-5 hops) at max speed. As for VAC, VAC does not ban you for any in-game scripts.

And VAC bans apply to all VAC secured servers, including community servers.

Intel Xeon X5460 / ASUS P5K-E / 8GB DDR2-800 OCZ & G.Skill / EVGA GeForce GTX 480 / Intel 240GB SSD / HGST 5TB HDD / Corsair 620W PSU / Antec P182 Case
the_Scarlet_one
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/26 11:20:17 (permalink)
Not every hacker spin bots. Not every hacker uses walls or aimbot. Not every hacker uses bhops.

If bhop scripting wasnt a problem, it wouldnt be a permanent game ban. Since valve can not detect scripts, overwatch is used to catch and ban the players using them. Overwatch isnt enabled on community servers, only competitve servers. Since most players cannot bhop on vac secure servers without a proper script, then that would mean that scripting is a problem, even if they are only using it to bhop.

As for the earlier post about stats on games, EVGA seems to have the bots set to high levels of aderall and cocaine, because they prefire before players ever round the corner in the casual maps, and all of the death match games I have played on EVGA community servers. The server will also spawn numerous bots around you that prefire simultaneously, which makes the game a little more fun than just mudane bots that rarely shoot.

If you are going 40-0 against bots set to hard, and they arent prefiring you, I would love to see video of that happening.

I also record with shadowplay, so if someone is going to be called out, I would just post the video and their steam id. No reason for he said/she said games.

LeRaldo
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/26 20:37:11 (permalink)
You cannot in-game script bunny hopping in CS:GO. And Valve definitely, absolutely, can detect in-game script usage if they desired, but they choose not to, because that would be counter productive. It's better to design the system so that it cannot be abused, and patch out any issues that arise, which is what they do.

Overwatch is used to catch cheaters that are not detected by VAC, plain and simple. In-game scripts are not problematic in CS:GO. Cheaters are not using in-game scripts to bunny hop. It's possible to use scripting OUTSIDE of the game (autohotkey for example), but that is considered external software.

As for the bots, they only prefire you if you are running around. If you walk, they don't prefire. On most maps you can get into a position to cover one or two passages with your back to a wall. Bots that spawn near you make sound. EVGA uses the built in CS:GO game mode for death match, and the bots are easy.

fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3164
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/29 15:47:57 (permalink)
VAC is one of the worst anti cheats out there. Basically just watches accounts cheats for awhile then once the damage is done will eventually take action. Like a cop watching crimes being committed then sometime after the fact takes action. 
LeRaldo
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/30 11:23:25 (permalink)
VAC will only delay banning on newer detected cheats. It bans older detected cheats pretty quickly. The reasoning behind this is pretty good, in my opinion. If it always just banned instantly, it would be easier to evade, and know you are safe to cheat, as word would spread around quick when the cheat is detected. With delayed bans, it catches a much larger group of cheaters, and creates uncertainty around cheating that may convince people to not cheat in the first place. Once the delayed ban goes into effect, it's already too late to stop cheating. Delayed bans create a lot more risk and uncertainty for cheaters.

It's true that the downside is in the meantime (1-2 weeks) cheaters are able to ruin the game, but I think the upside is definitely worth it, and Valve has a mountain of data that must show that it is, for them to keep the same system in place for so long.

the_Scarlet_one
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/30 13:28:15 (permalink)
That logic is as silly as it gets. Instant bans means constant work to keep up instead of having weeks without your current hack getting punished..

Example:

Programmer releases new hack.. gets paid for a month by the nerds that cant play on their own. Ban hit, programmer has new hack ready. Vac proves it is stupid.

Programmer releases new hack.. instant ban hits after the first few people use new hack. Programmer doesnt get paid because hack is useless. Programmer rushes new hack to have the same ban hit... programmer doesnt make as much money. Hackers have to open many more accounts because theirs only last a few hours rather than a few weeks to amonth or two. Vac would be considered useful.

Valve is stupid for delaying bans. Valve and Vac are a joke. Justify the delay however you want, but it is a stupid practice.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/30 13:35:22

DanDishonored
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/31 08:56:25 (permalink)
lol, cheating software makes avatar to find spot to idle and return fire...

get hardware and VAC, great deal :-D

some people are just idle :-D

do such giveaway based on gaming is really hard to do when people can let games to be played by itselfs :-D 
LeRaldo
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/07/31 18:44:46 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
That logic is as silly as it gets. Instant bans means constant work to keep up instead of having weeks without your current hack getting punished..

Example:

Programmer releases new hack.. gets paid for a month by the nerds that cant play on their own. Ban hit, programmer has new hack ready. Vac proves it is stupid.

Programmer releases new hack.. instant ban hits after the first few people use new hack. Programmer doesnt get paid because hack is useless. Programmer rushes new hack to have the same ban hit... programmer doesnt make as much money. Hackers have to open many more accounts because theirs only last a few hours rather than a few weeks to amonth or two. Vac would be considered useful.

Valve is stupid for delaying bans. Valve and Vac are a joke. Justify the delay however you want, but it is a stupid practice.

You're not understanding the logic if you think it's silly. VAC catches far more cheaters by delaying bans than it would if a ban was instant. Once a cheat is detected, nobody will use it anymore. All it takes is 1 person to get banned and then everyone waits for a new cheat to be released. In delaying bans, it catches many cheaters unawares, because they play thinking their cheat is still undetected, and then get banned at a later date.

Instant bans means you know when your cheat is undetected and are safe. It's actually far less work to develop cheats when there are instant bans.

DanDishonored
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/08/01 01:03:23 (permalink)
LeRaldo
the_Scarlet_one

Example:

You're not understanding the logic if you think it's silly. VAC catches far more cheaters by delaying bans than it would if a ban was instant. Once a cheat is detected, nobody will use it anymore. All it takes is 1 person to get banned and then everyone waits for a new cheat to be released. In delaying bans, it catches many cheaters unawares, because they play thinking their cheat is still undetected, and then get banned at a later date.

Instant bans means you know when your cheat is undetected and are safe. It's actually far less work to develop cheats when there are instant bans.

longer delay, less work for hackers. First banned and 90 000 cheaters must wait for hacker to update. It can make game really enjoyable than let 90 000 cheaters ruining game months to catch as many of them as possible. But it is more about money -> longer delay, more money for Valve. So I think I understand the logic and I think it is silly :-D
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/08/03 12:03:34 (permalink)
LeRaldo
Anything that can be done by scripting in-game is not banned by VAC, and shouldn't be banned by EVGA, either. That said, real bunny hopping is not scriptable in CS:GO like it was in 1.6 and CS:S, and furthermore, bunny hopping in CS:GO is not problematic anyways.

As for looking for "skewed stats" as an indication of cheating, this is the wrong way to go about it. When I was playing in EVGA gaming events, I (and others) could easily have skewed stats without trying simply because I was playing vs bots 99% of the time. If I actually tried (e.g. turned off music, sat up in my chair, focused, used real weapons instead of joke weapons), it's extremely easy to do something like 40-0 in a deathmatch vs bots, regularly. Cheating should be verified by an admin seeing it take place, and nothing else, as it's easy to doctor evidence to falsely accuse someone, and 3rd party testimony is not always the most reliable.

Sounds like you're trying to justify cheating.

What's next? It's okay for people with less skills because the aimbot will help them get more on par?

LeRaldo
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/08/03 14:22:04 (permalink)
RushXTC

What's next? It's okay for people with less skills because the aimbot will help them get more on par?

Your reading comprehension is extremely poor if you think I am in any way justifying cheating.
post edited by LeRaldo - 2018/08/03 14:25:29

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/08/04 15:28:37 (permalink)
LeRaldo
RushXTC

Your reading comprehension is extremely poor if you think I am in any way justifying cheating.

Really? So my reading comprehension is crap, when you LITERALLY said that it shouldn't be banned by EVGA just because it's something that isn't caught by VAC. Any cheating whether you gain an advantage or not, warrants a ban.

Now go script in CSGO and have fun.

LeRaldo
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2018/08/05 21:14:15 (permalink)
RushXTCReally? So my reading comprehension is crap, when you LITERALLY said that it shouldn't be banned by EVGA just because it's something that isn't caught by VAC. Any cheating whether you gain an advantage or not, warrants a ban.

It's not "caught" by VAC because it's not cheating. They intentionally do not ban for in-game scripts (they very easily could, if they wanted), because in-game scripts can not give you much of an advantage. BY DESIGN. This is common sense in the CS community.

hibby540
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2019/07/21 14:05:50 (permalink)
IP, I am searching the forums for an IP.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 37748
  • Ribbons : 195
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2019/07/21 14:08:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby XrayMan 2019/07/22 18:38:10
hibby540

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Game-Servers-Update-m2971197.aspx

Want to save 5 to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it.

XrayMan
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 63090
  • Ribbons : 107
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2019/07/22 18:38:19 (permalink)
Sajin
hibby540

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Game-Servers-Update-m2971197.aspx

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
by3bye
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2019/08/02 01:15:22 (permalink)
LeRaldo
It's not "caught" by VAC because it's not cheating. They intentionally do not ban for in-game scripts (they very easily could, if they wanted), because in-game scripts can not give you much of an advantage. BY DESIGN. This is common sense in the CS community.

majority of bhop scripts wont trip up vac but can and will get you overwatch banned
for me, as I said on the server of apknite, using bhop script in compettiive it is definitely bannable. It is cheating, how innocent you may think it is.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2019/08/17 13:28:58 (permalink)
LeRaldo

Spoken like a true script kiddie

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 4740
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA CS:GO Servers, Nothing but hackers. 2019/08/17 13:58:29 (permalink)
LeRaldo
RushXTCReally? So my reading comprehension is crap, when you LITERALLY said that it shouldn't be banned by EVGA just because it's something that isn't caught by VAC. Any cheating whether you gain an advantage or not, warrants a ban.

You say it gives you a small advantage. So if you played yourself with and without scripts the time with scripts you probably would do better because of that small advantage. Thus it's cheating as it gives you an edge over someone of equal skill.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile