EVGA CLC Test.

Author
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
2021/11/14 13:19:39 (permalink)
Today I clean My PC from dust bunnies to my surprise the GPU was really nearly dustless. overall Motherboard was really easy clean along with other components. ( I bought from Amazon one those electric Dusters to my surprise too is a powerful item works well). Now to what Video Contains and what it shows. 
When I took fans out the Radiator to clean dust notice one part of radiator had more dust settled than front side where Cooler hoses are at. Mind you both fans seems be going exact speed and EVGA flow control shows pretty stable fans speed. This what prompt me to come with simple yet effective test to show which side was more productive in air output. This I find very odd since should be around same CFM output from both sides. Yes there is 8" clearance from where CPU is at to where CLC unit is installed. This ain't about faulty unit this about and Odd thing that makes me think. Temps are very good idle if. I run a Game there only  8*-10* degrees higher. Might Test in the future with Noctua fans connected to see if same happens.

Final conclusion to test I made and show in Video. I change EVGA fans around this let me know there was a Fan that is defective and ran too high speed in idle temperatures sucking up must air thru one side radiator and this let to accumulating dust on one side only. ( EVGA Fans were switch around the one was close to water tubing was moved to spot other fan was letting me know switching them previous fan next to hoses was one running too low speed even under Gaming heavy load & was not doing it's job). After realizing EVGA fans were the problems this let me to removed EVGA Fans and replaced them with Noctua NF-P12 redux 1700 PWM fans they are working well at idle stay from around 900 - to 1024 rpm keeping temps around 32* Celsius. Under heavy load from Gaming and any heavy task both fans work well enough to keep my CPU @ 46*C This Temp with ambient temp inside of 78*C. This finally let me know I made right choice to change fans to Noctua one's. EVGA Fans I will not try to RMA you win some lose some and I am happy with my problem having been solved. BTW This Computer set I have made with new Thermaltake  View 71 TG Snow is big size PC Case I wanted. Since I hate small cases make all parts look cramp and making air flow be less efficient Now all six Fans I have going, Even under heavy load work perfect and keep Rig Cool and is Just Quite. My Rig actually up my Desk next to my right Ear 2 feet away and I hear Nothing. This is Victory Clean looking Case Quite and Just Sweet looking. Thank all for reading. wanted say I posted My Rig on Mods but for some reason is not showing it under my name and info is. maybe I broke it. Ha My Rig under name Tiny.

[tube][/tube]

This Video Link show Test.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWRZ3ZIvPpN/

post edited by lastsamurairick - 2022/01/09 13:38:28

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA CLC Test. 2021/11/17 11:53:02 (permalink)
    probably based on the path the dust bunnies took ... first fan captured more dust

not very clear what your video demonstrates - looks like you keep changing the angle of the paper & never switch to the other side?

as your an AC repair pro, maybe use a hand held flow meter to see if there is significantly more flow on one side, then switch fan position, see if flow follows the fan

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

lastsamurairick
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: EVGA CLC Test. 2021/11/17 18:34:59 (permalink)
    Paper test shows one fan flows more air than other.  Even both fans show same speed one still blows harder on one spot.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
      EVGA Z490 Dark 
      EVGA 1000G5
    lastsamurairick
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: EVGA CLC Test. 2022/01/09 13:36:51 (permalink)
    I have updated my findings on my fans for my CLC unit. Work done has proven to be what I need it to fix problem. Writing is on main thread first written.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
      EVGA Z490 Dark 
      EVGA 1000G5
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile