EVGA

EVGA CLC 280 Need your help/ opinions.

Author
lilred121986
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/22 17:25:21 (permalink)
Hey Y'all! Ready for thanksgiving? i am :-) Anyways on to my point. So i am building my new "puter" and i have the EVGA CLC280 In A push config. But being i had to install the rad in the front of the case i wanna do a push/pull setup. Now my ? since the 2 fans go to the pump wiring can i buy 2 of the EVGA fans that are on the rad and install them as pull and get a splitter and have all four running off the pump wiring, or will i have to use a spare Fan Header. My MOBO has a cpu fan/pump header, another Pump header which is where my pump wire is hooked to. i would like a push pull cuz i can run the fans at 40-50% and they should flow air as if it was 100%. Please let me know if i can or will i fry the wires/pump etc.

3 Replies Related Threads

Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8327
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: EVGA CLC 280 Need your help/ opinions. 2017/11/24 06:58:40 (permalink)
    The two fans that came with the CLC are in push.  You would have to either move them to the front of the radiator and let them push.  Then add the two fans to pull on the inside of the radiator.  You should attach the EVGA fans to the wire off the pump.  Then you can attach the other fans to the motherboard headers.  Example...I have the X299 FTW K and it allows me to set fans that are on fan headers to many different settings...like System temp, CPU temp and more.  Most bios fan controllers allow you to set your own fan curves...or just leave on Smart.   If you can do that...the new fans can run more in synch with the EVGA fans.  The reason I suggest moving the EVGA fans to the front to push air into the case is because of their odd shape.  I do not believe you will fry anything as long as you don't try to run two fans off one header on the motherboard. 

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk;  Ryzen 9 5950X; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Corsair H115i Pro; 32 GB  Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600; Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z; Corsair HX 850i;  Lian Li Lancool II;  EVGA Z15
    RGB Keyboard; and Razer Viper 8K Mouse
    Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

lilred121986
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA CLC 280 Need your help/ opinions. 2017/11/24 10:22:41 (permalink)
    bobmitch
    The two fans that came with the CLC are in push.  You would have to either move them to the front of the radiator and let them push.  Then add the two fans to pull on the inside of the radiator.  You should attach the EVGA fans to the wire off the pump.  Then you can attach the other fans to the motherboard headers.  Example...I have the X299 FTW K and it allows me to set fans that are on fan headers to many different settings...like System temp, CPU temp and more.  Most bios fan controllers allow you to set your own fan curves...or just leave on Smart.   If you can do that...the new fans can run more in synch with the EVGA fans.  The reason I suggest moving the EVGA fans to the front to push air into the case is because of their odd shape.  I do not believe you will fry anything as long as you don't try to run two fans off one header on the motherboard. 

Ty BobMitch! I have the two pre installed fans installed in the front of the rad in front of case to push the air. they are attached to the wire coming out of the EVGA CLC pump labeled fans. and my motherboard has the pump wire is hooked to the cpu/pump header on my mobo, and am left with a cpu/pump and a cpu fan header so i will just hook one of the new fan to each header so each header will one 1 fan. And will keep the settings on smart or do a custom curve. thank you soo much! :-)
    Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8327
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: EVGA CLC 280 Need your help/ opinions. 2017/11/24 10:55:08 (permalink)
    Glad to assist

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk;  Ryzen 9 5950X; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Corsair H115i Pro; 32 GB  Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600; Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z; Corsair HX 850i;  Lian Li Lancool II;  EVGA Z15
    RGB Keyboard; and Razer Viper 8K Mouse
    Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile