EVGA 80+Gold 650 and HP Envy TE01-1487c

Author
wiiNinja
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/17 08:46:48 (permalink)
Hello, 
I would like to upgrade my HP Envy power supply, which is an HP proprietary power supply. Does anyone know if this is possible via a 3rd party adapter? I can deal with modding the PSU myself if there exists a wiring diagram. The specific HP model is HP Envy TE01-1487c (Costco).
Thanks for any lead.

1 Reply Related Threads

sbmickyblue
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA 80+Gold 650 and HP Envy TE01-1487c 2022/01/27 14:02:32 (permalink)
    Hello there. Welcome to the evga forum as I am also new here but I am no stranger to modifying pre built computers. Having said that. It’s only worth modifying a prebuilt that has some standards to it.

For example the system your referring to, there’s no way to install a standard power supply into the existing case, size wise dimensionally it’s just not possible.

According to a motherboard diagram and you can look up motherboards for this system on eBay, it has a 4 pin cpu connector which is good but it has a 4 pin main board connector. That’s not so good. And I doubt there will be some kind of a pin diagram out there that will help you identify which of the 24 pin to 4 pin connectors you need to use.

But before you even get that far, let’s say you want to case swap the motherboard. You will have an issue with the fact that it’s a weird motherboard lay out. It’s not a standard atx or m atx layout so very little to none of those screws will line up. And that’s before you get to the power pins and how your gonna turn the computer on.

I have experience with successful case swaps of dell Optiplex and precision systems because even though there is some proprietary hurdles, there now exists quite the community of modders out there with tutorials, videos, diagrams but most importantly third party products you can buy on eBay and Amazon that allow you to make the case swap and power supply upgrades possible. And they use M atx motherboard standards. But not just any Optiplex or precision will do. It depends on certain models.

So I’m sorry I’m not able to help you but your gonna have to accept your computer for what it is and make the most of it. Or you could swap the memory, cpu and storage over to a real motherboard that supports that part and get a normal power supply and case. It is possible to swap the windows 10 key too but it takes some steps and sometimes on the phone with Microsoft but it is possible.

I hope that this helps
    post edited by sbmickyblue - 2022/01/27 14:05:31

I started with a Dell Optiplex 7010, upgraded to several different models into a Precision T1700 case swap. Now I have a decent setup that I am happy with:
    Ryzen 5 3600
    ASUS B550 TUFF Gaming plus wifi
    32GB DDR4 3200 Crucial Ballistix white
    EVGA GTX 1060 6gb (horrible spiral cooler)
    EVGA 750 G6 power supply
    Phanteks P360A white case
    Oh here's an associate code too if you want 6L3ADV80V7N7JMB
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile