EVGA 750 GQ not working with 8-pin connected

Author
Legionell
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/03/17 02:53:56 (permalink)
Hello,

I bought this PSU from a guy on Facebook Marketplace. After a few days when I was building PC I noticed the 8-pin CPU cable missing, so i ordered one from amazon. Finally when I got that cable I built up the PC but it won't turn on (like nothing happens, but MOBO led is turned ON). I'm pretty sure everything is plugged properly. Then I found out, that if I unplug the CPU 8-pin, PC turns on (with all fans spinning). I was blaming the CPU 8-pin cable, so I used 8-pin cable from my Corsair RM750X but still won't work. PC is working perfectly with another PSU so it must be issue with this EVGA PSU. I even tried EVGA PSU with another PC but the same thing happened- doesn't work with 8-pin plugged in.

Do you guys have any suggestions, or the PSU is dead and I can throw it away, because I dont have Invoice so no guarantee for me?

Thank you so much.

4 Replies Related Threads

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA 750 GQ not working with 8-pin connected 2019/03/17 03:07:38 (permalink)
    It's possible that you have cables that are not compatible with your power supply. Please register the power supply and open a ticket to contact the support team in your region, please confirm your address in your ticket and let them know what cable you need. 

Everything is security. 
    JDauwalter
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 181
    Re: EVGA 750 GQ not working with 8-pin connected 2019/03/20 11:49:08 (permalink)
    Corsair cables won't work with EVGA power supplies. I know because I tried this myself; it just won't turn on at all. You'll have to get an EVGA rated cable because it's proprietary. You can get them at Microcenter or on Newegg/Amazon.

They are typically named E-series or something of that ilk, and you will see the respective model in the name.

https://www.amazon.com/Ca...p;s=gateway&sr=8-4

It's highly likely that the guy that sold it to you lost the cable and threw in another model cable without testing it.
    Legionell
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA 750 GQ not working with 8-pin connected 2019/03/20 11:56:01 (permalink)
    Hello, thank you both for your replies. I created ticket as JeffP suggested and within just 2 days, they shipped me new original cable. I really appreciate the willingness and quick solution of my problem. Thank you all. I hope you guys have a great day. :-)

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA 750 GQ not working with 8-pin connected 2019/03/20 12:01:06 (permalink)
    JDauwalter
    Corsair cables won't work with EVGA power supplies. I know because I tried this myself; it just won't turn on at all. You'll have to get an EVGA rated cable because it's proprietary. You can get them at Microcenter or on Newegg/Amazon.

They are typically named E-series or something of that ilk, and you will see the respective model in the name.

https://www.amazon.com/Ca...p;s=gateway&sr=8-4

It's highly likely that the guy that sold it to you lost the cable and threw in another model cable without testing it.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile