EVGA

EVGA 1080ti SC2 hydro copper block missing part (GPU bracket)

Author
smoochara
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/06 15:48:47 (permalink)
Hello, 
First time posting here.
Sorry if this isn't a perfect place to ask please direct me how to proceed if that's the case.
I own the 1080ti SC2 which was originally iCX air cooled. Then i bought a hybrid kit for it (currently using it). I recently decided to upgrade to a custom loop and got a mint Hydro Copper waterblock for it, HC-400-5599-b1. It came with 4 plugs and nothing else. I contacted the tech support and they said the company no longer has the parts for this item to sell me. Screws is not big deal, but one of the items listed is a flat square metal bracket that goes around the GPU die to bracket in between the block and the card, needs to be secured to the card with 4 screws on the sides of the die before the 4 standoffs in the corners of the GPU die can be tightened down along with the rest. That bracket is listed in the waterblock manual as "EVGA GPU bracket p/n: 201010000026707". Source PDF is here: www. evga. com/ support/ manuals/ files/ 400-Hc-5599-B1_manual .pdf

I went to ailexpress, google, amazon, even sent message to EK tech support just in case, nothing comes up. part number itself isnt returning anything at all and the best i got was vertical mount adapters and single slot brackets...

I'm hoping one of the users here may be able to point me in the direction of the bracket, DIY workaround or help me out with posting on marketplace to see if I might be able to buy one from one of the users there. 

I was trying to go directly to marketplace but was not able to make a thread there nor request membership due to 'not meeting requirements'

Is there a chance I may be able to mount the block without this bracket and have good contact if all else fails?

Any and all advise appreciated. Thx!

5 Replies Related Threads

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA 1080ti SC2 hydro copper block missing part (GPU bracket) 2019/11/07 06:31:29 (permalink)
    Hi smoochara and welcome to the EVGA forums!

You definitely want to have that bracket installed since it is insulated on the side that would make contact with the PCB. Without the bracket you will most likely cause a short or grounding problem with the graphics card. 

smoochara
    Re: EVGA 1080ti SC2 hydro copper block missing part (GPU bracket) 2019/11/07 07:22:42 (permalink)
    Thanks for your reply!
    How can I request permission to post on wts/wtt marketplace forums to see if I may be able to score one of these from folks over there please?
    _JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA 1080ti SC2 hydro copper block missing part (GPU bracket) 2019/11/07 09:52:40 (permalink)
    smoochara
    Thanks for your reply!
    How can I request permission to post on wts/wtt marketplace forums to see if I may be able to score one of these from folks over there please?

You have to have a minimum of 50 forum posts to be able to have access to the EVGA marketplace. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA 1080ti SC2 hydro copper block missing part (GPU bracket) 2019/11/07 10:02:06 (permalink)
    How to apply for the EVGA Marketplace?
    (excerpt)

"Requirements to apply:  You must be a member in good standing with more that 50 posts on the forums.  These post cannot be spam or bumps of any kind.  Your posts must have substance.  During the approval process, your posts will be reviewed, and if they do not meet the requirements, we will ask you to reapply once you have more posts."

The approval process - can take several days to be approved as your posts are reviewed

Make Quality posts on the Forums & you will also need a Heatware Account

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

smoochara
    Re: EVGA 1080ti SC2 hydro copper block missing part (GPU bracket) 2019/11/07 14:47:35 (permalink)
    oof
    Thanks for clarifying. back to the drawing board -(
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile