EOC Folding @ Home - Stats News & Updates

Author
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 282
2017/09/24 10:09:45 (permalink)
UPDATE: Saturday, September 23rd 2017 The front page has been updated with new information!

Small Update09.23.17, 1:29pm CST
Just a quick update. The stats have been upgraded to HTTPS and for the most part should transparently switch you to the secure version of the site. I did code in an exception for the xml feeds & sig images where HTTPS is available but the server won't force it because I don't want to break any custom scripts people are using that might not be able to handle it.

If you are experiencing any problems, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm going to be switching over more parts of the website in the coming days, I just need to go through and fix a few hard-coded URLs.

I also have recently banned a few IPs of misbehaving web crawlers / bots / scripts. I tried to trace each IP back, but if there is no user-agent in the request, and trying the IP in a browser goes to a blank page, there isn't much I can do. If you find your script can no longer access the stats then again, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Also for some people that have embedded pages in Google Docs and WordPress, please remove them. Both those sources do ZERO caching of requests and end up making a LOT of queries for the same data over and over and over.

Next little project is a desperately needed update to the sig images and colors. I know the some text & numbers are running over and I plan to fix that. If you would like to submit your suggestions for the colors-to-points for teams & users then feel free to do so.

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/09/24 10:12:53

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

2 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EOC Folding @ Home - Stats News & Updates 2017/10/01 08:37:15 (permalink)

UPDATE: Saturday, September 30th 2017 The front page has been updated with new information!
    After a long overdue update I finally got around to working on the sig images today. I managed to resolve a few issues, biggest being Team & User names that were extremely long would overflow into other areas. Likewise with the large points increase the numbers were getting cropped out or overflowing. I made text on the right side of the boxes right-justified and adjusted spacing some to get everything to fit nice. I tweaked the two small sig image sizes from 225px wide to 234px wide (which is half of the large image at 468px). I have no idea why I made them 225px in the first place.
    See, now everything fits nice again:
    All content now, HTML, graphs, and sig images, should be generating etag headers and caching content between each 3-hour update so you might notice things load a little faster.
    I still have to update the colors for both the pages and sig images. That is going to be my first project for tomorrow. I also plan on making one or two slightly larger sig images with MORE info on them so you can get all those great stats in one quick glance.
    I realized there are a couple duplicate graphs (Team/User Extra Page -> Hourly Production is same as on main Team/User Summary), and also one page that could really use a graph (User Overtake - in the Team User List pages). So I'll also be working on those, and I need to fix the graph scales too as some of the large points have worked their way out of the image.
    Almost forgot! I updated the XML output adding a couple fields. There is now 'Points_Last_24hr' and 'Points_Last_7days' for both Team and User info.
    Another last minute thought! I was looking at some data and realized there are a lot of people with 0 points (but numerous WUs). I don't know if this is a glitch on Stanford's side or if it's just a lot of people with instable computers that tried it briefly and gave up. Anyhow, I count just a hair under 40,000 users with zero points that I was planning on purging and no longer processing. They are at the very very bottom of all the stats anyhow so they honestly serve no purpose except taking up space in the database.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u= after the = put your User ID Number
    If you use the incorrect User ID Number you will see this or some other User.

Bugs? What Bugs?!?!

Invalid UserID / UserID Not Found
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/10/01 08:47:36

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Chris21010
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1587
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: EOC Folding @ Home - Stats News & Updates 2017/10/01 12:46:06 (permalink)
    i find it very nice that after years of near neglect that EOC founder has finally found enough free time on his hands to polish his gem of a site. i love to see the breath of new life into old projects. there is just something about it that just always is nice to watch.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile