EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/06/13 06:16:52 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/ea_confirms_star_wars_squadrons_existence_-_full_reveal_on_monday/1

After the game's leak on the Microsoft Store, EA has confirmed the existence of Star Wars: Squadrons, a new game which is due to be revealed on Monday, June 15th at 4 PM BST. The game will be showcased in the form of a "reveal trailer", which will hopefully showcase gameplay for the title. Rumour has it that Star Wars: Squadrons is the name of EA's "Project Maverick", a Star Wars title from EA Motive. The game is expected t be a starfighter combat game which draws on classic Star Wars games like X-Wing and Tie Fighter. This would be EA Motive's first full game.  

EA's artwork for Star Wars: Squadrons prominently presents many ships from the navies of the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance. These fighters include the X-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings and a selection of Tie Fighter which include the Tie Interceptor and a Tie Bomber. 

Should be very interesting in my opinion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

24 Replies Related Threads

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/13 07:25:20 (permalink)
    Ohhhh, I am very interested! Hopefully the Tie Defender and B-wings will make it in... Tie Advanced suck too much. 

Hopefully this turns out to be a proper follow on from the classic X-wing series, not just another pseudo space shooter that the games have been up until now. 

Have water, will cool. 
    _2100_
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 415
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/13 08:24:29 (permalink)
    As it is an EA game the first and foremost question  on my mind is how saturated with lootboxes wil it be.

Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8328
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/13 14:53:09 (permalink)
    If it's half as good as "Rogue Squadron" was...I'm in!

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; EVGA Z15 Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/13 22:22:38 (permalink)
    bobmitch
    If it's half as good as "Rogue Squadron" was...I'm in!

+1 equal or better than Rogue Squadron😎👍

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/14 02:53:17 (permalink)
    Hopefully it's more like Tie Fighter and X-Wing and less of a multiplayer mess without needing to manage energy between shields, speed and weapons. I also hope they have a great storyline to it since Tie Fighter really showed a great storyline (for it's time) that made me want to do the side objectives. 

I am wondering why the Top Gun reference is though in the project. It almost makes me fear the worst when I see it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/15 11:08:28 (permalink)

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

_2100_
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 415
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/15 11:34:27 (permalink)
    That Euro style release date had me twisted for a moment.  

Guessing this will incorporate a good bit of team control on top of the general flight gameplay

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/15 11:44:23 (permalink)
    _2100_
    That Euro style release date had me twisted for a moment.  

Guessing this will incorporate a good bit of team control on top of the general flight gameplay

I.m in it. Whether the game is good or not. 😸😼

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/15 11:58:13 (permalink)
    Doesn't matter, I will never buy from either EA or Activision again. They are both trashy companies.
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/15 12:16:31 (permalink)
    chrisdglong
    Doesn't matter, I will never buy from either EA or Activision again. They are both trashy companies.

😿

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/15 16:10:09 (permalink)
    So it clearly has engine/weapon/shield power management. And 3D space combat in asteroids. And unguided space bombs, also check. Looks like it's got a lot of the Xwing vs Tie Fighter stuff in it.

Appears to only have four starfighter classes per side. One of them is a funky new design that looks like a heavy support fighter. 

Will be on Steam. https://store.steampowere...0/STAR_WARS_Squadrons/

Have water, will cool. 
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/15 20:19:15 (permalink)
    You guys are honestly considering getting ripped off by EA again? Come on, you know you'll be back after its release mad because of all the issues.
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/15 22:01:26 (permalink)
    chrisdglong
    You guys are honestly considering getting ripped off by EA again? Come on, you know you'll be back after its release mad because of all the issues.

But but its Rogue Squadrons😿
    I m kidding i will wait for the reviews😸😼

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/16 10:06:18 (permalink)
    atfrico
    chrisdglong

But but its Rogue Squadrons😿
    I m kidding i will wait for the reviews😸😼

I know, they are REALLY convincing before their games drop.
    gutcheck
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3665
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/16 13:40:16 (permalink)
    Well that looks awesome.  As an american I saw the 2/10/20 date and was like how did I miss this.  OCT.  Uggs.

3900X 4.5 GHZ on an Asus Hero
    32 GB 3600 MHZ Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 RAM
    1 EVGA 3090 XC3 soon to be Watercooled
    2 2GB Corsair MP600's
    HX1000 with custom sleaving
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/16 16:23:13 (permalink)
    chrisdglong

You realize Steam has a refund policy right? 

Have water, will cool. 
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/16 17:07:00 (permalink)
    kougar
    chrisdglong

That really doesn't matter. I won't support a company like EA. They've burnt this bridge completely down.
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/16 17:16:33 (permalink)
    chrisdglong
    kougar
    chrisdglong

That really doesn't matter. I won't support a company like EA. They've burnt this bridge completely down.

You won't buy the game even if they have flying sharks with freaking lasers attached on top of their freaking heads🤔

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/17 11:49:28 (permalink)
    atfrico
    chrisdglong
    kougar
    chrisdglong

You won't buy the game even if they have flying sharks with freaking lasers attached on top of their freaking heads🤔

Nope, after quite a few years of getting ripped off, I finally learned not to take their marketing bait.
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/17 21:51:05 (permalink)
    chrisdglong
    atfrico
    chrisdglong
    kougar
    chrisdglong

Nope, after quite a few years of getting ripped off, I finally learned not to take their marketing bait.

Self aware customer😎👍. Im glad you have awaken.

cneuhauser
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1334
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/18 11:33:18 (permalink)
    So...
    Instead of adding DLC to Battlefront, which still feels somewhat incomplete... they create this "new" game?

Entho Evolv Anthracite Grey
    ASUS ROG E-Gaming X299
    i7 9800x 4.8ghz on water (Cuplex Vision block) 
    EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra / Water / EK Block
    GSkill Trident Z - 32gig
    2x Samsung 1TB SSD Evo
    Intel SSD 730 Series 240GB 
    Windows 10 Ultimate  
    EVGA 1600 SuperNova T2 
    Samsung G7 Faker 32" 240hz monitor
    Asus ROG Swift PG329Q 175hz monitor
    SteelSeries Arctis Pro+DAC
    B&W 801s, Driven by Sumo Amp via DAC
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/19 11:05:48 (permalink)
    I loved the old Xwing/Tie Fifgter games back in the 90's. Hope this will be good, the last Battlefront2 was trash, flying was pure horsecrap, Dice shouldnt be allowed to tough anything Starwars...
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/19 13:58:06 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    I loved the old Xwing/Tie Fifgter games back in the 90's. Hope this will be good, the last Battlefront2 was trash, flying was pure horsecrap, Dice shouldnt be allowed to tough anything Starwars...

The only thing Battlefront had in common with Xwing / Tie Fighter was the Star Wars universe.  I avoided all of the Star Wars games like the plague... the screenshots of the cockpits says enough. 

Full length trailer that explains the gameplay. There will be a single player story campaign as well as multiplayer 5v5 style mini-campaign mode. Someone finally tried to make a proper successor to the Xwing franchise. 

Have water, will cool. 
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: EA confirms Star Wars: Squadrons' existence - Full Reveal on Monday June 15 2020/06/19 14:17:59 (permalink)
    cneuhauser
    So...
    Instead of adding DLC to Battlefront, which still feels somewhat incomplete... they create this "new" game?

Pretty much!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile