EVGA

Drivers Installation

Author
jbarradale
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/08 21:28:15 (permalink)
How does one install drivers for the EVGA Z390 FTW Motherboard without an installation disc and mouse is not working?

7 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Drivers Installation 2020/02/08 21:53:26 (permalink)
    Exactly what OS are you installing?

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Drivers Installation 2020/02/09 13:58:40 (permalink)
    jbarradale
    How does one install drivers for the EVGA Z390 FTW Motherboard without an installation disc and mouse is not working?

did your new MB come with a USB with drivers ?

use the keyboard to move through your options if your mouse is not working

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Drivers Installation 2020/02/09 16:19:10 (permalink)
    If a USB mouse isn't working you can use a PS/2 mouse as the Z390 FTW has a PS/2 port.
    jbarradale
    • Total Posts : 7
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Drivers Installation 2020/02/12 08:18:24 (permalink)
    Yes. I have one port. I am using the keyboard to attempt to move through several programs. However there will be no way to use the Windows 7 professional that is on the disk drive. Installing Windows 10 will result in losing one or more programs and an unknown number of compatibility issues. I have been dealing with computers since 1981, so I know there are ALWAYS issues. I have lost so many games that I repeatedly enjoyed playing and no longer will run on a newer operating system. These games NEVER get updated. The creators/manufacturers always move on and abandon them. I researched carefully to get a better system, not knowing before hand that I would not be "allowed" to use Windows 7 on my system. I purchased several things to facilitate the transition. I have a HDD dock, two USB external drives and other stuff to preserve data and the programs in case I find a way to fix the broken motherboard/CPU with Windows 7 Pro on it. It is unfortunate that the industry is becoming so much more belligerent and aggressive with customers. I remember the transitions. In the 1980's and 1990's Dell was first to stop providing customers with the original manual and software that came with the system. I sold a unit to a customer. I needed the manual to fix some issues with the computer. The problem was the manual was on a CD-ROM and the problem was the CD-ROM was not working. Engineers are stupid. No one thinks things through. But, it saved a lot of money for Dell.

Today the trend continues, force people to upgrade a perfectly usable system, just to increase sales. Imagine a car maker sending a letter to people who have cars manufactured before 1950 saying that they no longer will have batteries, tires, windshield wipers, oil, antifreeze, spark plugs and everything they need and that they will have to "upgrade" to a new car. Only with computers. No I am not totally disgusted and disappointed. I expect this kind of betrayal. I deal with it. I have dealt with it for 40 years. I had my current system for over 12 years, fighting off all the threats and lack of support, until the PC finally gave up. I also still have my 2004 SONY VAIO with Windows Media Center and the previous VAIO with Windows 95. They have software and hardware that CANNOT be loaded onto any other PC and there is no replacement on a newer PC. Unfortunately I lost my Commodore 64 and software (LOL), but still have the color monitor from it that has run since 1980 and still works. So, I have a pretty good record with maintaining computers. This Win 7 one has eluded me.

I thank everyone that has offered advise. I am now trying to clone the C Drive to a newer one. Unfortunately it failed three times. I will try different software.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Drivers Installation 2020/02/12 08:50:53 (permalink)
    have you tried Macrium Reflect the home edition is free

If you moving to a SSD the Mfg may have software to make the move

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Drivers Installation 2020/02/12 09:04:34 (permalink)
    I dual-boot Win7 Home and Win10 Home, both 64-bit.

I use ASUS EZ Installer to slipstream Intel USB 3.0 drivers into the Win7 install on my USB flash drive, otherwise, USB ports are inop and consequently the mouse/keyboard..That might work for you too, even though you have an EVGA mobo it still uses the Intel USB drivers, I don't see why not, worth a shot.

Then I use wufuc in Win7 so I don't get the "Unsupported Hardware" (my CPU) popup pestering the ever lovin' life outta me all the time.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Drivers Installation 2020/02/12 09:05:51 (permalink)
    jbarradale
    I am now trying to clone the C Drive to a newer one. Unfortunately it failed three times. I will try different software.

Give minitool partition wizard a try.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile