Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 15:40:05 (permalink)
I remember the first and last time I ordered a hardrive from Newegg, I ended up biting $200. Sometimes you just get a bad rep on they'r bad day. eVGA seems to at least do something. Some companies dont care about keeping regular customers theses days, so its greatful we still have a few still around that care. If I ever have to go through a Asus RMA, Ill just end up biting it, oh wait I have, lol.....
Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4524
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 15:59:19 (permalink)
That's been opened guy, you couldn't even get the box to close right.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
 Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
 Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 16:13:46 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB
Hello rcampbell_13! We have reviewed the information about your order with our management team and we can make a one-time exception for refunding the 15% restocking fee. That refund has already been submitted and will be processed by our accounting team. If you ever receive an order in the future and it arrives with a damaged sticker/seals, please be sure to notify our support team first so that way everything is documented beforehand.

Thanks AdamB :-). Rcampbell, looks like good news.
fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 16:39:56 (permalink)
Good guy EVGA strikes again.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 21:43:01 (permalink)

Good work EVGA. OP, would you care to come back and change the thread title now?

post edited by Nereus - 2018/09/05 21:47:14

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 22:29:01 (permalink)
Lol, EVGA goes above and beyond again. I wish I had screenshotted all the times over all these years ive seen things like this happen. I think most of us know whats going on here but im not going to say it and take the focus off EVGA going way beyond fair.....again!

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 22:32:36 (permalink)

Evga = FTW!!!! I will continue to buy from them.        

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 23:09:15 (permalink)
XrayMan

Evga = FTW!!!! I will continue to buy from them.        

+1
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/05 23:49:00 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB
Hello rcampbell_13! We have reviewed the information about your order with our management team and we can make a one-time exception for refunding the 15% restocking fee. That refund has already been submitted and will be processed by our accounting team. If you ever receive an order in the future and it arrives with a damaged sticker/seals, please be sure to notify our support team first so that way everything is documented beforehand.

Well done EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

War77EL
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/06 01:57:41 (permalink)
rcampbell_13
bcavnaugh
I do not recall any Graphics Cards from EVGA came without a shrink-wrapped.
From EVGA's Website or any other Website.
The Only item I have ever seen without shrink-wrapped was the Z10 KB.

Then perhaps they sent me a card that had already been opened before. Who knows. I opened the outer (shipping box), and it never got any farther than that. Was about to ship it back and saw the sticker and thought, "great, this looks like it was opened, i better take a photo." But, the fact is, if they send you something in this condition then one has zero recourse if you actually don't open it. I refuse to ever do business again with a company that will arbitrarily take $100 of my money because they sent me a poorly packaged product. So, just be warned - it can happen to you to. That's all.

This is the exact reason that I ALWAYS film reudimentary "unboxing videos" anytime that I am receiving items that are over 50usd in value. Habits of precaution. From the doorstep, knife cutting the tape, to the darn product serial number in the user manual after removing and inspecting the item - giving final thoughts just before ending the videos.
Nevertheless, looks like the team came through. Good on them! Cheers, for the good show of faith on the part of EVGA, and knowing that a fellow community member has been done right by in the end. 👍

What did you learn from today's mistakes?
Can you do better?
Now Go, Be Great!
· · ·
ARMYguy
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1050
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/06 13:07:50 (permalink)
+1 for EVGA as always.

Asus Strix Z790 F - Intel 13700 K - Gigabyte 4090 Windforce - 32gb DDR 5 - 1TB Samsung SSD 850 evo - Windows 10 Pro - 1TB Samsung M.2 860 - Inland 2 TB NVMe - Acer Predator X27
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/06 16:50:45 (permalink)
The customer service is what I miss from EVGA the most. They are the goto brand for intel/nvidia builds.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/06 20:00:12 (permalink)
Thread title due for an update perhaps?

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

way2faded
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3077
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/06 23:18:14 (permalink)
I don't buy this Bs for 1 second.

Jaguar07
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/07 05:00:56 (permalink)
I've personally ordered quite a few products directly from EVGA and often if not always, they do not arrive with a retail shrink wrap as the items would from say Amazon or when you purchase them at a brick and mortar store.   EVGA has always been very good about warranty replacements, I'm glad they stepped up beyond this time.   The only issue I have with EVGA is that they used to welcome customers to drop off warranty returns.  That has changed over the years.  I prefer to buy EVGA products, when they have the parts I want or need.  Even having to mail in an RMA is quick because I live relatively close to the return center.

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it. ----Voltaire
War77EL
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/07 08:23:08 (permalink)
Let's swiftly reflect on general history. When resolutions were reached, following events & conflict, whether there were "sides" to triumph or fail, or something to stand for and represent or not at all - the names & titles by which iconic events and conflicts were labeled and remembered were not altered upon there being a result. Even when the creation of masterpieces and structures at which the world marveled, we're relocated and bestowed to other nations as gifts & gestures of good faith and/or alliance/peace, they weren't renamed by the recipients.

My (likely poorly being made) point?
When reflecting on moments, like these AND greater, to learn from mistakes and to do better, both sides learn in this situation. Us as customers learn to be more precautious and more thorough - as should future joining members of the community. EVERYwhere, not just here. EVGA learns to be better at quality control and handling these types of mishaps, hopefully preventing them from ever happening again.

"UPDATE THE TITLE", they say. Alter it to something more " sugar coated" or "'white-knight'-ish"? No. To the OP, it WOULD be courteous to add "[SOLVED]" to the end of the 'as is' title. Aside from that, let the events remain as they originally developed - so that we may have this as a yet another piece of our history, a reminder, on which to reflect.
😉👍

(sidenote: apologies for any typos. typed from mobile device)

Can you do better?
Now Go, Be Great!
· · ·
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/07 09:40:25 (permalink)
War77EL
Let's swiftly reflect on general history. When resolutions were reached, following events & conflict, whether there were "sides" to triumph or fail, or something to stand for and represent or not at all - the names & titles by which iconic events and conflicts were labeled and remembered were not altered upon there being a result. Even when the creation of masterpieces and structures at which the world marveled, we're relocated and bestowed to other nations as gifts & gestures of good faith and/or alliance/peace, they weren't renamed by the recipients.

My (likely poorly being made) point?
When reflecting on moments, like these AND greater, to learn from mistakes and to do better, both sides learn in this situation. Us as customers learn to be more precautious and more thorough - as should future joining members of the community. EVERYwhere, not just here. EVGA learns to be better at quality control and handling these types of mishaps, hopefully preventing them from ever happening again.

"UPDATE THE TITLE", they say. Alter it to something more " sugar coated" or "'white-knight'-ish"? No. To the OP, it WOULD be courteous to add "[SOLVED]" to the end of the 'as is' title. Aside from that, let the events remain as they originally developed - so that we may have this as a yet another piece of our history, a reminder, on which to reflect.
😉👍

(sidenote: apologies for any typos. typed from mobile device)

The title should change to serve as a reminder and reflect the fact that once again, EVGA made it right.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Snuwfer
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/07 22:29:02 (permalink)
I say, change nothing, leave this thread as it is.

This is what makes EVGA great, regardless of the OP's wanting(s) and the way he has gone about it, (it's pretty disgusting to me to make a thread on EVGA's forums like this, that is my opinion) EVGA still went far and high to satisfy a customer that is very akin to defamation of EVGA's customer service. I do not think a thread like this is needed to get the problem addressed, there is many ways to contact EVGA and had this sorted properly without defamation. (that's my own advice from past experiences with EVGA)

R5 1600 @ 4.1GHz 1.36vc, GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, ASRock x370 Taichi, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPx
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/08 02:23:45 (permalink)
I don't think the OP opened the box. I think what happened is someone rushed or wasn't paying close enough attention when placing the seal sticker on the box.

Snuwfer

This is what makes EVGA great, regardless of the OP's wanting(s) and the way he has gone about it, (it's pretty disgusting to me to make a thread on EVGA's forums like this, that is my opinion) EVGA still went far and high to satisfy a customer that is very akin to defamation of EVGA's customer service. I do not think a thread like this is needed to get the problem addressed, there is many ways to contact EVGA and had this sorted properly without defamation. (that's my own advice from past experiences with EVGA)

Sometimes you have to go public to get EVGA to do the right thing. Off the top of my head, i can think of 4 different customers in the past 4-5 months, that had to go public to get evga to do the right thing.

I say leave the topic title as is, that way if anyone is curious what happened, they read how it was handled.

War77EL
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/08 06:09:54 (permalink)
MSim
I don't think the OP opened the box. I think what happened is someone rushed or wasn't paying close enough attention when placing the seal sticker on the box.

Snuwfer

Sometimes you have to go public to get EVGA to do the right thing. Off the top of my head, i can think of 4 different customers in the past 4-5 months, that had to go public to get evga to do the right thing.

I say leave the topic title as is, that way if anyone is curious what happened, they read how it was handled.

Indeed. I had to do the same for several other companies of mainstream brands, addressing their Twitter handles. Eight months I tried being civil and contacting them through their provided customer service portals, no answer. Not until I made it public, would've cost them, giving I personally knew/know a few of their sponsored partners. You just have to shake the cage a little at times, when rubbing a cup back-and-forth over the bars just isn't doing it.

Can you do better?
Now Go, Be Great!
· · ·
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/08 15:09:56 (permalink)
sorry but i cant see the problem :S I will always go with EVGA's products as far as i can, so your thread wont make a huge impact on me..
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/08 15:15:16 (permalink)
You are 10 years late for me OP   I owned a some of their products, but i am glad it worked out.

You remind me the other day when i was going to return a PSU that died on me and according to the tech the warranty expired. I told the tech you are looking at the date and not the time is not expired yet.....he said: I am going by the date and not the time....I facepalm with both my hands and legs

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5067
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/08 15:27:33 (permalink)
atfrico
You are 10 years late for me OP   I owned a some of their products, but i am glad it worked out.

You remind me the other day when i was going to return a PSU that died on me and according to the tech the warranty expired. I told the tech you are looking at the date and not the time is not expired yet.....he said: I am going by the date and not the time....I facepalm with both my hands and legs

"I facepalm with both my hands and legs"  You almost made me choke on my beer! 

i7 7800X | EVGA x299 micro |Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Affiliate Code: PPZ-BV2-N9LE
"When it stops being fun,  it's no longer a game"
Heatware 

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/08 15:34:33 (permalink)
krane
atfrico

"I facepalm with both my hands and legs"  You almost made me choke on my beer! 

hehe  Finally someone with a sense of humor. I am just here to make people laugh

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
staypuft
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4013
  • Ribbons : 31
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/14 18:28:58 (permalink)
I just can't get past the missing shrinkwrap.  Have never received a new GPU (not refurb) from them without it.  Kudos to EVGA for making good on this anyway.

Interested in a discount on EVGA products?
Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/14 18:40:25 (permalink)
staypuft
I just can't get past the missing shrinkwrap.  Have never received a new GPU (not refurb) from them without it.  Kudos to EVGA for making good on this anyway.

Same Here on the shrink-wrap and +1 to EVGA.
I still can't get past the Topic Title "Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off" myself

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

kevdalfer
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/15 09:52:43 (permalink)
Their horrendous shipping charges (to Canada) are enough to keep me from ordering direct from them.  I like their products, but always deal brick and mortar for video cards.  I find most vendors find a way to get around giving you back all of your money on a return, all website/store claims mean to me is paper will not refuse ink.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/15 10:22:28 (permalink)
kevdalfer
Their horrendous shipping charges (to Canada) are enough to keep me from ordering direct from them.  I like their products, but always deal brick and mortar for video cards.  I find most vendors find a way to get around giving you back all of your money on a return, all website/store claims mean to me is paper will not refuse ink.

? not sure I get your whole post

However - You also have the option to buy directly from Canada distributors the list is published here
 https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5067
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/15 11:03:22 (permalink)
Cool GTX
kevdalfer

However - You also have the option to buy directly from Canada distributors the list is published here

i7 7800X | EVGA x299 micro |Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Affiliate Code: PPZ-BV2-N9LE
"When it stops being fun,  it's no longer a game"
Heatware 

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Don't ever buy from EVGA.com - they will rip you off 2018/09/15 11:32:31 (permalink)
Cool GTX
kevdalfer

This Thread May Help Draconian shipping costs

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile