EVGA

Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA?

Author
Hot12345
  • Total Posts : 59
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/09/24 10:58:44 (permalink)
Best members and staff,

I'm a new member, and I wanna buy a Elite GPu card form EVGA.. But I dont know how the support of EVGA is? Is it bad or good compare to other company's,
How is your thoughts or expierence with EVGA? 

If you remove the cap of the GPU does it void the warranty? 

Hope my question will be answered.

16 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5636
    • Ribbons : 434
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/24 11:16:38 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums..EVGA support is the best in the business and they sell great products..Many questions such as Does water-cooling or installing a third party cooling solution on my video card void the warranty? (which is no) can be answered by searching the EVGA FAQ Help Center and the EVGA Product Warranty for your region.

What do you mean if you remove the cap of the GPU does it void the warranty?..What cap?

* Cooler Master NV-334 * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4000MHz * Crucial MX500 M.2 1TB * WD Black 500GB (x2) * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H80i V2 * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Dual-Boot Win7 Home 64-bit/Win10 Home 64-bit *   

God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal.

Hot12345
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/24 21:12:40 (permalink)
    I mean the screws, on the MSI card what I have there is on the screws a warrenty sticker on the cap/screw, and if you screw that lose you void warrenty...
    Hot12345
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/24 21:37:35 (permalink)
    I also read that the evga cards has thermal thortleling, is that true? Or has this being fixed?
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8968
    • Ribbons : 24
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/24 22:55:21 (permalink)
    Hot12345
    I mean the screws, on the MSI card what I have there is on the screws a warrenty sticker on the cap/screw, and if you screw that lose you void warrenty...

@Bob, I think he means the cooler.

MSI, may void your warranty I believe. Line #3  
    {"Unauthorized changes of non MSI parts, modifications or alterations , parts removal in or to the products"}.
    https://us.msi.com/page/warranty/

EVGA does not void warranty if hardware can be returned to stock form. 

post edited by notfordman - 2017/09/24 23:29:07
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 4871
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/24 22:57:22 (permalink)
    Hot12345
    I also read that the evga cards has thermal thortleling, is that true? Or has this being fixed?

Thermal throttling is something you really wouldn't want to "fix" or disable. It only kicks on when the card is getting to  close to the boiling point of water. It's to cut the performance so the card can cool down and doesn't become a paperweight. If you did change out the fan to something properly installed and better the card would be less likely to hit the thermal throttle. So for example if you went with a watercooler it would be very unlikely as long as the cooler was properly attached it would ever be an issue unless you live in death valley and decide to turn on the heat in the room in the middle of summer (maybe not quite that extreme but you get the point). Also it's worth pointing out every brand should have it built in since it would be foolish to disable it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Hot12345
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/25 00:33:02 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Hot12345

Thermal throttling is something you really wouldn't want to "fix" or disable. It only kicks on when the card is getting to  close to the boiling point of water. It's to cut the performance so the card can cool down and doesn't become a paperweight. If you did change out the fan to something properly installed and better the card would be less likely to hit the thermal throttle. So for example if you went with a watercooler it would be very unlikely as long as the cooler was properly attached it would ever be an issue unless you live in death valley and decide to turn on the heat in the room in the middle of summer (maybe not quite that extreme but you get the point). Also it's worth pointing out every brand should have it built in since it would be foolish to disable it.

Hmmm I see,

I just watched the video of this:

And in that video they are explaining that the EVGA card is getting to hot, and blackscreens, VRM FAILERS and even that capacitors are not good quality.... That's the reason I'm a little bit worried.

He is saying that capcitors on the card can even explode.
    post edited by Hot12345 - 2017/09/25 00:37:23
    Valtrius Malleus
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 290
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/25 01:23:41 (permalink)
    Hot12345
    Hoggle
    Hot12345

Hmmm I see,

And in that video they are explaining that the EVGA card is getting to hot, and blackscreens, VRM FAILERS and even that capacitors are not good quality.... That's the reason I'm a little bit worried.

That's the first I'm hearing of this. A link to the vid in question would be good.
    Hot12345
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/25 01:43:42 (permalink)
    Valtrius Malleus
    Hot12345
    Hoggle
    Hot12345

Hmmm I see,

That's the first I'm hearing of this. A link to the vid in question would be good.

EDIT: orignal youtube links get's deleted.

https://youtu.be/URyG1OP8p8I  - EVGA FTW VRM Failures 

https://youtu.be/mpxQaSjQclo - capacatorys can explode of bad qaulity

I know my MSI, has military's capcitors, what means they areverygood of quality.
    post edited by Hot12345 - 2017/09/25 01:59:40
    Hot12345
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/25 01:44:54 (permalink)
    Huh why are my yotube links delete?
    My youtube links are automaticly deleted.... Why is that?
    post edited by Hot12345 - 2017/09/25 01:51:07
    PietroBR
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1217
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/25 04:37:58 (permalink)
    Hot12345
    Huh why are my yotube links delete?
    My youtube links are automaticly deleted.... Why is that?

You need a minimun of 10 posts to insert links on your comments.
    Now you should be able.

Hot12345
    Best members and staff,

I'm a new member, and I wanna buy a Elite GPu card form EVGA.. But I dont know how the support of EVGA is? Is it bad or good compare to other company's,
    How is your thoughts or expierence with EVGA? 

If you remove the cap of the GPU does it void the warranty? 

Hope my question will be answered.

But, about the Black Screens / Fans Spinning up / Mosfet Issues hysteria,
    It was already solved.
    What happened is that a bad batch of capacitors was putted in some models of EVGA cards, but, this was already solved on all cards shipped after September 2016 (If I'm not mistaken).
    So, this isn't an issue anymore.

But keep in mind, some cards can be factory defective, as in any other brand or industrial process happens to have some defective component or part, that leads me to EVGA RMA / Customer Service, which is the best out there (seriously, they will look out for all their clients, no exception).

If you remove the screws / heatsink, you woudln't be voiding EVGA warranty (EVGA does encourages their users to do it, for changing, for example, the thermal compound on the GPU chip, or exchanging the heatsink for a Hybrid Cooler of theirs / Waterblock for custom water loop).
    Notice that, on the backplate of the card will have a sticker over one of the screws, but that is not a "warranty void sticker", it's just for their tech staff know that the card was opened by someone / PC Store.

Regards, and come be happy in the EVGA side .

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 16831
    • Ribbons : 112
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/25 05:07:08 (permalink)
    Welcome the the EVGA Forums Hot12345 

Short answer is No; EVGA warranty is not Void by removing & replacing the stock cooler.

There is a lot of good advice above from other members.

You might want to consider:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID GAMING, 11G-P4-6698-KR  ---> I'm very happy with mine

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 TI FTW3 iCX Hydro Copper GAMING, 11G-P4-6699-KR

Before purchasing a specific model, confirm you can actually get a water-block from your preferred source. 

If you buy the "KR" ending Version of EVGA graphics card from an "Authorized Retailer"
    -- you have an option to buy an extended warranty for a total of 5 Or 10 years

You must register the card and upload the invoice in a timely fashion for the extended warranty option

NOTE:  Do not buy from third party vendors -- Even if they are on the Authorized Retailer site --- (think Newegg & Amazon and other third part friendly sites)

The Third party vendor is NOT necessarily an Approved Vendor ---- this Can affect your Warranty  --- if in doubt call EVGA first

Any questions call or email the Great EVGA staff for Pre-Sales support

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK-5930K,EVGA2080Ti EVGA-1200P2  Nibbler EVGA X99 3-GPU Water Loop 1600P2  AIO Folding  1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid, 1200P

Thank You for Your Support

Hot12345
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/25 23:57:11 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Welcome the the EVGA Forums Hot12345 

Short answer is No; EVGA warranty is not Void by removing & replacing the stock cooler.

There is a lot of good advice above from other members.

You might want to consider:

---> I'm very happy with mine

Before purchasing a specific model, confirm you can actually get a water-block from your preferred source. 

If you buy the "KR" ending Version of EVGA graphics card from an ""
    -- you have an for a total of 5 Or 10 years

You must and upload the invoice in a timely fashion for the extended warranty option

NOTE:  Do not buy from third party vendors -- Even if they are on the Authorized Retailer site --- (think Newegg & Amazon and other third part friendly sites)

The Third party vendor is NOT necessarily an Approved Vendor ---- this Can affect your Warranty  --- if in doubt call EVGA first

Any questions

First of all thank you so much for answering my question!:d

Second, if i'n buying the ftw3 elite card, is there any kind of buying extending warrenty in the EU stores?

Could you tell me, why is not on the default ftw3 elite card no thermal pads already installed then? I see lot of youtubers/reviewers applying the thermal pads after they recieved the card, so im thinking why did EVGA not applying that default in the factory?
    post edited by Hot12345 - 2017/09/26 00:08:18
    Valtrius Malleus
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 290
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/26 00:07:27 (permalink)
    Hot12345

I know my MSI, has military's capcitors, what means they areverygood of quality.

That was almost a year ago. JaysTwoCents even mentioned that it will be sorted by now and that the CEO himself was involved on resolving the situation. This only strengthens my trust in EVGA.
    Hot12345
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/26 00:10:21 (permalink)
    Valtrius Malleus
    Hot12345

That was almost a year ago. JaysTwoCents even mentioned that it will be sorted by now and that the CEO himself was involved on resolving the situation. This only strengthens my trust in EVGA.

I see, that's a good thing to hear. what about the thermal padding then? Why is it not default applyded on the card, after huge reviewers must to applyed by it selfs? Why not applying in the factory for example?

And what about now? If im buying a card like ftw3 elite, is already applyed thermalpadding on the vran then from the factory?
    PietroBR
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1217
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/26 04:12:08 (permalink)
    Hot12345
    Valtrius Malleus
    Hot12345

I see, that's a good thing to hear. what about the thermal padding then? Why is it not default applyded on the card, after huge reviewers must to applyed by it selfs? Why not applying in the factory for example?

And what about now? If im buying a card like ftw3 elite, is already applyed thermalpadding on the vran then from the factory?

About your worries on the thermal pads in the FTW3 Air

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 16831
    • Ribbons : 112
    Re: Does Watercooling the GPU (FTW3) Void warranty? How is the support on EVGA? 2017/09/26 05:06:48 (permalink)
    Hot12345

First of all thank you so much for answering my question!:d

Second, if i'n buying the ftw3 elite card, is there any kind of buying extending warrenty in the EU stores?

Could you tell me, why is not on the default ftw3 elite card no thermal pads already installed then? I see lot of youtubers/reviewers applying the thermal pads after they recieved the card, so im thinking why did EVGA not applying that default in the factory?

YES, EU extended warranty is possible, please take the time to become familiar with all the terms of warranty  https://eu.evga.com/support/warranty/

EU Extended Warranty page   https://eu.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp

I'm not sure (clear) which thermal pads you are concerned about --- what location are "others" Adding additional thermal pads to ?

EVGA allows the Removal and Addition of coolers, TIM and thermal pads as the owner sees fit; because, EVGA recognizes that enthusiasts will want to get as much performance from their EVGA cards as possible.

{Many (most/ all ?) other Brands of Graphics Cards will Void your warranty if you even remove the stock cooler to change TIM}

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK-5930K,EVGA2080Ti EVGA-1200P2  Nibbler EVGA X99 3-GPU Water Loop 1600P2  AIO Folding  1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid, 1200P

Thank You for Your Support

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile