EVGA

Does Precision X1 fully support RTX 4000 series GPUs?

Author
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
2023/02/05 10:17:19 (permalink)
Does Precision X1 fully support RTX 4000 GPUs or is it just sort of compatible?  I know the 1.3.7 notes say they improved compatibility with the 4090.  However it never mentions that it supports the 4090.

The reason I'm asking is I know several people who have MSI and Asus RTX 4090 cards and they have had issues such as the OC settings not applying when they click apply.  I've also read on discord and some forums where people were having similar issues.  Uninstalling PX1 and deleting any PX1 profile and settings files along with a DDU driver removal, then new drivers along with a new install of PX1 didn't seem to fix the issue for the people having those issues.

I'm also curious because I thought about getting a 4090 in the future, but want to know if PX1 works or if I should use other software?

4 Replies Related Threads

SmookinJoe
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1344
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Does Precision X1 fully support RTX 4000 series GPUs? 2023/02/14 14:35:15 (permalink)
    I have a newly installed 4090 FE in a newly installed OS with a fresh Precision X1 v137.
    I have not had any issues with adjustments not being applied but there is no fan graph option. It is blank. I first experienced this with a couple of Asus 2060's and to get the graph option I had to install V107 or prior.
    I run Afterburner and Precision together.
    Graph in Afterburner works great and if I make a settings change (Precision) I restart Afterburner so that they both have the same readings.

post edited by SmookinJoe - 2023/02/14 14:42:55

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    Re: Does Precision X1 fully support RTX 4000 series GPUs? 2023/02/14 23:38:37 (permalink)
    bavor
    Does Precision X1 fully support RTX 4000 GPUs or is it just sort of compatible?  I know the 1.3.7 notes say they improved compatibility with the 4090.  However it never mentions that it supports the 4090.

The reason I'm asking is I know several people who have MSI and Asus RTX 4090 cards and they have had issues such as the OC settings not applying when they click apply.  I've also read on discord and some forums where people were having similar issues.  Uninstalling PX1 and deleting any PX1 profile and settings files along with a DDU driver removal, then new drivers along with a new install of PX1 didn't seem to fix the issue for the people having those issues.

I'm also curious because I thought about getting a 4090 in the future, but want to know if PX1 works or if I should use other software?

It would probably be best to use the software that it put out by the company that makes the card and would be part of the reason to pick a brand. With EVGA it not only allowed control over the card but also made sure the firmware was up to date and that is important regardless of what brand card you get.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

SmookinJoe
    FTW Member
    Re: Does Precision X1 fully support RTX 4000 series GPUs? 2023/02/15 00:09:00 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    bavor

It would probably be best to use the software that it put out by the company that makes the card and would be part of the reason to pick a brand. With EVGA it not only allowed control over the card but also made sure the firmware was up to date and that is important regardless of what brand card you get.

Hoggle, I thought he was questioning whether Precision X1 is a good monitoring and adjustment tool,
    like MSI Afterburner...but now that you mention it, full support might come from the Geforce Experience automatic updater ...
    (I never bothered installing it but now that you mention it...lol
    AND I really have started to question whether, some companies idea of,
    a firmware update makes things better...)
    Good point Hoggle..
    bavor, What kind of support are you expecting from a third party, that has provided you with the tools and monitoring equipment to use on a different companies equipment?
    I think MSI and EVGA are going an extra mile to provide it, let alone, make it work
    I am guessing but I don't think MSI afterburner would fully support everyone else's gpu..
    Looking at the way Hoggle and I interpret "Fully Support"
    Looking forward to hearing from the OP..

post edited by SmookinJoe - 2023/02/15 01:22:03

SmookinJoe
    FTW Member
    Re: Does Precision X1 fully support RTX 4000 series GPUs? 2023/02/26 10:02:33 (permalink)
    Update concerning the Fan graph with non EVGA gpu's
    The FE got a fan curve graph(s),in Precison, if I used the arrows to the right and left....
    it came up..
    The other computer with the MSI 4090 did not..
    You only get to them if you use the arrows right or left.

You don't get the fan curve graphs if  you click the fan Speed header...

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile