EVGA

Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 177
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/05/17 20:54:07 (permalink)
Does the EVGA allow the exchange of the thermal paste and even the cooler as long as the backplate and the warranty seal are not removed?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better than factory thermal paste?

44 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/17 21:14:01 (permalink)
    Yes, EVGA allows you to change the Thermal Paste and even the Thermal Pads and Coolers.
    I use TF8 or MX-4 myself.

And there is no "warranty seal" on the back. It is a seal to let the EVGA Tech that the card was worked on.
    EVGA does sell a Hybrid Kit and the Hydro Copper Water Block so you would have to remove the current Cooler to put one of this other coolers on.
    Just do not mess with the Stickers that have your Serial Number on it.
    But sometime they fall off so if it does make sure you put it in a safe place, one of mine did and I put it in the Retail Box the Card came in.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/05/17 21:27:47

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/17 21:25:16 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb
    Does the EVGA allow the exchange of the thermal paste and even the cooler as long as the backplate and the warranty seal are not removed?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better than factory thermal paste?

Yes, you're allowed to.  As long as the GPU is sent back for RMA in it's original state with the exception of the TIM, you're good to go.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    RobertC
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 24
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/17 21:25:45 (permalink)
    Hello there,
    You can open the card up to reapply thermal Paste; This will not void the warranty on the card. 
    There is a sticker on the back of the card over one of the screws, this is so that we know if the card was opened if it is sent in for an RMA.
    As a side note, there are a few things that can void our warranties, few examples are, removed serial or manufacturers stickers, liquid damage or physical damage.
    More information here: https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/
    If you do plan to replace the cooler with a water block or a third party cooler, you will need to keep the original cooler.
    In the event that the unit needs to be sent in for warranty, the unit would have to be in factory condition with all components.
    Hope this helps,
    Robert - EVGA

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/17 21:28:50 (permalink)
    Yes, it is One of the Many reasons to Buy EVGA cards

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/17 21:30:23 (permalink)
    One of the main reasons why I stick with Evga.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/17 22:42:18 (permalink)
    So I can change everything if I want but I need to keep everything well maintained if I need the warranty and I should send everything assembled and complete as original...

Okay, thank you so much to everyone for these wonderful answers!

But what about thermal paste the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better than the original thermal paste?
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/17 22:46:29 (permalink)
    I'm thinking of doing this because I have a 212x left over here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5WEgZhCec
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/17 23:40:22 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb
    So I can change everything if I want but I need to keep everything well maintained if I need the warranty and I should send everything assembled and complete as original...

But what about thermal paste the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better than the original thermal paste?

It might be a slight improvement but that is all up to your personal preference.  I personally like MX-4 but might venture with Grizzly down the road some day but I really like MX-4 though. lol

Leonardohlb

Don't think that's a great idea unless you want to experiment I guess.  All up to you as long as you don't damage the GPU.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/18 01:06:41 (permalink)
    As stated above make sure to keep the original cooler.

As for thermal paste replacement don’t expect a big difference in most cases the best thermal compound and decent is just like 2C. The cooler itself is what matters more then the compound.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/18 08:30:03 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is good Thermal Paste, you will need to test it yourself to see if it is better or not than the OEM Paste

I highly recommend that you Do Not Do This

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/05/18 08:32:37

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/18 08:41:16 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    Leonardohlb

It might be a slight improvement but that is all up to your personal preference.  I personally like MX-4 but might venture with Grizzly down the road some day but I really like MX-4 though. lol

+1

Doing a Quality application can make the biggest difference --> you Must cover the entire GPU & not trap Air bubbles

When trying to set Record in Benchmarking every degree C matters ---> Gaming - I doubt you will see a difference between any quality TIM ---> On Your Screen

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/18 19:20:02 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    GTXJackBauer
    Leonardohlb

+1

Doing a Quality application can make the biggest difference --> you Must cover the entire GPU & not trap Air bubbles

When trying to set Record in Benchmarking every degree C matters ---> Gaming - I doubt you will see a difference between any quality TIM ---> On Your Screen

-1 to EVGA The application of the factory thermal paste was with air bubbles, so I think it's very likely that I'll go change the thermal compound to make sure mine does not have these air bubbles. https://forums.evga.com/2080-Ti-Black-with-hybrid-cooler-m2955848.aspx
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/18 20:12:49 (permalink)
    OK, just check the TIM & change it if you think its an issue on your card

Just be careful Not to cause any damage to the card

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/18 21:40:30 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Do not worry, before you were born I was already doing mods on Soyo LGA478, after play the best NFSU on an MX200.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/24 06:24:43 (permalink)
    Also allows bios exchange? From what I'm seeing are there bios that provide superior feed, or does EVGA already have those bios with consumption limits above the factory model? Is the board model 11G-P4-2281-KR this come with a standard 310w or 280w bios?
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/24 10:14:43 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb
    Also allows bios exchange? From what I'm seeing are there bios that provide superior feed, or does EVGA already have those bios with consumption limits above the factory model? Is the board model 11G-P4-2281-KR this come with a standard 310w or 280w bios?

That GPU which I also own is limited to 112% Power Target.  Check the other SKU's as they have higher Power Targets.  If you wanted a higher TP and for benching, that would cost you $400+.

You could use a 3rd party BIOS to increase it but you'll void your warranty so I think it's not worth it and you're not guaranteed it would improve anythging. 

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/24 10:17:29 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb

Flashing the vbios to another won't void the warranty as long as you're able to restore the vbios to the original one before sending it in for service. The limits for that card is 250w default, and 280w max.

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/24 10:19:15 (permalink)
    Sajin

Flashing the vbios to another won't void the warranty as long as you're able to restore the vbios to the original one before sending it in for service. The limits for that card is 250w default, and 280w max.

Can they still damage their GPU and what happens if they brick it?  Warranty still intact?

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/24 10:22:05 (permalink)
    Damage won't occur as the card will still have all its protections in place when flashing to another vbios. Bricking the card is possible, but you can easily restore function to the card by following this guide if you do happen to brick the card.
    Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/24 10:29:44 (permalink)

that's crazy

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/24 16:16:16 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    Leonardohlb

That GPU which I also own is limited to 112% Power Target.  Check the other SKU's as they have higher Power Targets.  If you wanted a higher TP and for benching, that would cost you $400+.

You could use a 3rd party BIOS to increase it but you'll void your warranty so I think it's not worth it and you're not guaranteed it would improve anythging. 
    I have no intention of switching to another model until this model is coming from RMA of a 1080TI, I just want to know about the limitations of bios, I find it easier to use a better cooler and keep low temperatures and high clock than to change the bios , at least it is more guaranteed.
    post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/05/24 17:15:33
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/24 16:49:35 (permalink)
    Delirious

that's crazy

Indeed

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/25 10:49:22 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    Delirious

that's crazy

Indeed

This is not crazy, this is amazing! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6hvsqUEtZ4
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/25 11:28:44 (permalink)
    Have fun with your experiment ....

RE Warranty & Flashing Single BIOS Cards --->if BIOS is Not stock the RMA would be declined

Leonardohlb
    Cool GTX

Do not worry, before you were born I was already doing mods on Soyo LGA478, after play the best NFSU on an MX200.

remember when the Best way to send your code to the mainframe was with a rotary Dial phone & you placed in the handset in the receiver --> I do

Attached Image(s)

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/25 12:44:25 (permalink)
    Nah a STU-III worked best back in the day.

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/25 13:42:41 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

remember when the Best way to send your code to the mainframe was with a rotary Dial phone & you placed in the handset in the receiver --> I do

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/25 19:25:08 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Have fun with your experiment ....

RE Warranty & Flashing Single BIOS Cards --->if BIOS is Not stock the RMA would be declined

As I said above, I do not think it is worth modifying the bios, just wanted information on the bios that comes on this board from EVGA, but using a better cooler to keep temperatures lower and clocks higher is a better option.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/05/25 19:30:59 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Sorry but I've never been a fan of old phones, I currently prefer to make babies.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/06/16 21:30:41 (permalink)
    Can anyone know if it is possible to install arctic accelero III or IV on the 2080ti black?
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile