EVGA

Do you want bass?

Author
Slinkyb
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/04 20:00:19 (permalink)
So I thought I would post this for everyone because I had an issue with bass.  I had gone from the magical Sony MDR-XB500 which have huge magical bass all on their own to the Sony MDR-MZ7. The MZ7 technically have a much bigger 70MM driver. I was at a loss. I was like, "HEY! Why do my xb500 hit soooo much harder than my new expensive mz7? Well, after doing research I and tweaking NU AUDIO with my NU AUDIO card from EVGA I got those M7's bassin away. I wanted to share it with other incase they were having the same problem. Now before I put these specs out I do send you a caution on this setup. I have hearing issues so it doesn't kill me, but if you don't it might. You will be using these NU AUDIO setting and need to bring down the volume of whatever you are listening to very low and gradually bring it up to where your ears can handle it. However with this setup the bass will kick very hard. This is what I was missing with mine.

-Master volume=100
-Headphone=100
-Quick=Bass Boost 95%, Voice Clarity=50%, Treble Boost=55%
-Advanced- 32=+5, 64=+4, 125=+4, 250=+2, 500=+1, rest=0

Like I said after putting these settings you will need to set your volume very low for whatever you are listening through then increase it tell you get the volume you can handle. So like if I am listening to Youtube I turn the volume way down on the youtube video not my PC's master volume. You still get a great sound and audio quality and a big bass boost with these settings. Obviously you can mess around with them as you wish. I am a bass head and needed this. If you aren't then you won't need to go to this extreme. 
post edited by Slinkyb - 2021/06/04 20:03:06

4 Replies Related Threads

envizion
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Do you want bass? 2021/06/04 20:09:56 (permalink)
    I'm surprised you aren't getting audio distortions with these settings, max vol and amp on top of eq gains is nutty. There is a limiter in place with the advanced EQ where gains to any of the bands won't actually add anything when at 100% volume. You would have to lower the volume for it to kick in. I believe most of the bass you are noticing is from the 95% quick boost which I believe still applies at max volume.
    Slinkyb
    Re: Do you want bass? 2021/06/04 20:13:42 (permalink)
    Not getting any audio distortions. The headphones I have are very high end and don't at all. Just the Quick Boost doesn't do this. Trust me, going from the XB500 to the MZ7 its crazy how low the bass is. They do this for audio quality because high bass overcomes all the other sounds normally. However with these high end headphones I have its actually heavy bass with great sound. If I want to just go back to amazing sound with normal bass then I would just bring the headphone volume back down to 50% and everything else to 0 on advanced. 

I think this goes back to what I said about making sure you turn the volume super low on whatever you are listening to and raising it up little by little tell you get the sound volume you want, because it is high already, however if the sound volume on what you are listening to is low and you raise it up you can get the sound quality with the high bass still.

If you want a lower setup try Headphone at 85%, Bass Boost at 85%, Voice Clarity at 25%, and treble Boost at 25%.
    post edited by Slinkyb - 2021/06/04 20:22:41
    envizion
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Do you want bass? 2021/06/04 20:22:06 (permalink)
    I did some test with the advanced EQ before. Sitting at 100% volume the positive gains to any band doesn't add anything. You can turn off the quick boost and test it. Sit at 100% volume try to max out each of the bass freq band and it will still sound the same as 0, only going into negative actually changes the sound. If you lower the volume to like say 70/80%, then you will actually start noticing changes in the sound when you turn up the gain in advance eq.
    Slinkyb
    Re: Do you want bass? 2021/06/04 20:25:54 (permalink)
    You have to 100% Volume and Heaphone volume with high bass. Those settings for sure make a difference when I have the settings the way said at the start of this post. I was messing with them myself. At 0 or - in the advanced the bass is lower for sure for me. You aren't using my headphones and your experience is probably going to be difference I would infer from this conversation. If you have headphones with large drivers this should work for you. If not I would assume you wouldn't get the same effect. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile