EVGA

Do you think EVGA would take my Nu Audio card in on warranty and just give me a credit?

Author
BattleBrat
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/06/03 11:11:18 (permalink)
I'm done, I have done everything in the trouble shooting thread and then some. even shut my USB 3.0 ports off in the BIOS and removed ( and even disabled) them in device manager. No dice, and EVGA doesnt seem too busy to find a solution. My card works, popped it in my old computer and it installed fine and works, but that computer is leaving now. It is past the return window from the retailer, I am not happy with a $200 card I cannot use. Do you think EVGA would just let me warranty it for a credit towards a video card? I'm sticking with Creative Labs cards...

5 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Do you think EVGA would take my Nu Audio card in on warranty and just give me a credit 2022/06/03 11:47:43 (permalink)
    No, i do not think EVGA would take your card in on warranty and give you credit for it.

You have two posts on this forum. You only mentioned “same issue” on the other post, and then asking for a refund/credit after stating the card works in a different system.

That means you need to look at the setup you are using to figure out why the system is blocking the audio card from working. If the card works in another system, then it can be most likely attributed to the system itself and north the motherboard.

You haven’t listed any specs for members to reference to assist you, so best bet is to start there, and if you are using a gigabyte x470 board like the other thread mentioned, it may be a good idea to ask gigabyte if they pushed some form of update that may have caused the card to be blocked from working.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/06/03 11:59:06
    BattleBrat
    Re: Do you think EVGA would take my Nu Audio card in on warranty and just give me a credit 2022/06/03 12:38:03 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    No, i do not think EVGA would take your card in on warranty and give you credit for it.

You have two posts on this forum. You only mentioned “same issue” on the other post, and then asking for a refund/credit after stating the card works in a different system.

That means you need to look at the setup you are using to figure out why the system is blocking the audio card from working. If the card works in another system, then it can be most likely attributed to the system itself and north the motherboard.

You haven’t listed any specs for members to reference to assist you, so best bet is to start there, and if you are using a gigabyte x470 board like the other thread mentioned, it may be a good idea to ask gigabyte if they pushed some form of update that may have caused the card to be blocked from working.

It's a Dell Precision T3610 Workstation, the old computer is a Precision 490 The issue I have is identical to theirs. I think some sort of resource conflict but diagnostics arent my forte. Someone mentioned that the Nu Audio card communicates through some sort of USB interface hence why it shows up as a USB device and the onboard USB isnt happy. Considering I'm not alone with this issue it appears there is a problem, and its not on our end. Either way when I buy a sound card I expect it work with my computer, ALL my Creative cards did (I will be buying a Creative card for this computer, it would just be nice to not be screwed for $200 on a card that has unresolved compatiblity issues) Don't get me wrong I LOVE EVGA (I wont buy video cards from anyone else) , and they worked with someother company on this card, But I feel there is a non resolveable issue with this card and my system. I've delayed this system for two years due to Vid cards and I'm damn tired
    post edited by BattleBrat - 2022/06/03 13:01:14
    clamatowas
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 108
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: Do you think EVGA would take my Nu Audio card in on warranty and just give me a credit 2022/06/28 19:31:24 (permalink)
    Ill buy it from you!

BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: Do you think EVGA would take my Nu Audio card in on warranty and just give me a credit 2022/06/29 09:51:43 (permalink)
    BattleBrat
    non resolveable issue with this card and my system

So you've contacted EVGA directly about this issue already?
    Do that here.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    BattleBrat
    Re: Do you think EVGA would take my Nu Audio card in on warranty and just give me a credit 2022/08/21 01:32:04 (permalink)
    Bought a Creative Labs Sound Blaster AE-7 and now my computer has a working sound card (Along with a nifty volume control and mic for Cortana) Serves me right for trying anything but a Creative Card. I did buy my 3070 from EVGA but I'd think twice before getting an audio card.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile