EVGA

LockedDisappointing rma experience

Author
ErikSSB
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/10/31 01:35:27 (permalink)
I just got my rma back for my gtx 980 which is a reference model. I originally sent it in because I was getting driver crashes when I would play Monster Hunter World. "The application MonsterHunterWorld.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" I was so sad because about 30 minutes after I started playing I got the same message on the replacement card.

When I first got the error on my original card I followed an article on drivereasy titled "[Solved] Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware Windows 10"

The guide told me to run some tests in command prompt and update my gpu drivers.
I ran all those prompts and it came back clean, so I used DDU and reinstalled the drivers. (without using drivereasy of course)
I was still experiencing problems, so I thought maybe it was my old XFX power supply from 2013. I replaced it with a EVGA 650 G2 since I heard these are pretty good and I still got the same error.
On top of all this my original card was in pretty much perfect condition... I never overclocked it and took super good care of it. The card I got back has scratches on the little Plexiglas window and the sticker that shows the serial number is scuffed up. I'm very unhappy about this because I saved up a long time to pay for my original 980 back then and it was not cheap... ($521 to be exact)
I monitored the 12v rail voltages because while troubleshooting with EVGA they said this could possibly be the issue but everything seems normal.
I know that their policy is to give you back something from the B-Stock but this really just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had to pay $25 to ship and insure this thing to evga and be without my computer for the past 2 weeks or so. 
I have informed EVGA about all of this and I am now about to rma for a second time. (they are giving me a shipping lablel) I bought evga because I heard about how great their customer service is, I really hope they make this right.
post edited by ErikSSB - 2018/10/31 01:38:58

4 Replies Related Threads

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Disappointing rma experience 2018/10/31 01:43:06 (permalink)
    Hello and welcome to the forums,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the replacement and am glad we have already reached out to get this taken card of.
    I want to clarify something, the serial number sticker is not scuffed or damaged in any way. These are security cuts to prevent removal of the sticker and cause the sticker to tear if removed from the hardware. 

Everything is security. 
    ErikSSB
    Re: Disappointing rma experience 2018/10/31 01:56:44 (permalink)
    That makes sense, my mistake sorry.
    ErikSSB
    Re: Disappointing rma experience 2018/11/20 08:25:53 (permalink)
    EVGA made it right, mods feel free to delete this post.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Disappointing rma experience 2018/11/20 11:52:48 (permalink)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile