EVGA

Disappointed in the packaging for the RMA replacement I received

Author
AStahl
  • Total Posts : 27
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/11/04 14:14:43 (permalink)
I recently RMA'ed a PSU to Evga. Of course there are the packaging rules of having 2 inches of packing material, which I may have even exceeded. Shipping to EVGA was $44. But when I got my replacement PSU I was surprised to see it was packed in a cardboard box where it could slide around with nothing more than a thin, and I mean THIN envelope of bubble wrap. Like it wasn't even the small popping kind but more like 1mm of foam.

I had bought a replacement PSU which I'm currently using back when the unit first failed, so this returned refurbished unit is a backup, but now I wonder about the reliability of that unit given how it was shipped to me.

Is 1mm of foam really sufficient to protect a PSU in shipping?

2 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AnthonyS
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 149
    Re: Disappointed in the packaging for the RMA replacement I received 2021/11/05 17:49:57 (permalink)
    I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your RMA experience. Can you please take some pictures of the shipping conditions and send them to support@evga.com so we can look into this matter further?

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    AStahl
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: Disappointed in the packaging for the RMA replacement I received 2021/11/05 18:17:45 (permalink)
    EVGATech_AnthonyS
    I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your RMA experience. Can you please take some pictures of the shipping conditions and send them to support@evga.com so we can look into this matter further?

Sent!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile