EVGA

Did EVGA change their lifetime warranty this past year or so?

Author
omokiron
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/09/17 21:11:26 (permalink)
I SWEAR I had lifetime warranties on my 980FTWs because I registered them with EVGA with the proper invoices. Now they're saying that the cards are out of warranty, and the one I've never gotten them to fix of the two keeps coming back broken. When I finally had time in my life to be without a computer again for a few weeks due to the RMA I'm told "just flash the bios, because there's nothing else we can do"

Which, I mean firstly afaik flashing the bios can lead to a possible brick, and the instructions weren't precisely clear either. I don't recall getting any mention of a change, and the Lifetime Warranty is what has always kept me a loyal EVGA customer despite their poor customer service and lack of ever fixing my 980FTW.

My last contact with EVGA's Jacob B. was in June of this year and there was no mention during the support of my card being out of date. If it was, it would have already been out of the three year warranty at that point (due to the purchase being in april 2015 and registered in may 2015). So, what gives? I get that they probably don't want to send another faulty 980 to me, but this is seriously disheartening.
post edited by omokiron - 2018/09/17 21:14:12

6 Replies Related Threads

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Did EVGA change their lifetime warranty this past year or so? 2018/09/17 21:29:19 (permalink)
    Hello,

Select serial numbers had lifetime warranties, this did not extend to all of a product line. They had to be registered within 30 days of purchase to qualify for the lifetime warranty. I will look into your account further. 

Everything is security. 
    omokiron
    Re: Did EVGA change their lifetime warranty this past year or so? 2018/09/18 23:17:55 (permalink)
    It's a real shame.

I've gotten nothing but faulty cards continually and due to life and various personal issues, not to mention having to spend time and money w/o a computer which i rely on for my employment, which prevented me from aggressively and constantly spending my time, money, and lost wages getting RMA after RMA until magically one worked.

Of which I had no guarantee, and no way of knowing when/if that'd be. It's really sad to see that a top of the line card doesn't carry a lifetime warranty.

I've been a loyal EVGA customer since 2006 and this has now put a firm and resolute end to that. First their customer service went to crap, and then their RMA department couldn't send an actual working piece of expensive hardware, and then I'm basically told "hey do this, good luck if it doesn't work!" 

At least now I can go to another company that offers the same/similar warranty and a better RMA experience that I probably won't need since I've only ever had this many issue with faulty hardware coming from EVGA. Honestly this would be my 5th card with this exact product. Of 5 that I have had in my possession only 1 has worked properly. 

I don't know any company that considers a 20% reliability rating good.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Did EVGA change their lifetime warranty this past year or so? 2018/09/19 01:14:57 (permalink)
    I think it was 2012 when EVGA switched from the default Limited Lifetime Warranty to a 3 year Warranty. In select regions, the original owner of the card could upgrade the warranty to 5 or 10 years for a small fee , if they registered the product within 90 days.

Sometimes you receive faulty hardware, it happens to all of us at some point. It doesn't matter the mfg you go with.

omokiron
    Re: Did EVGA change their lifetime warranty this past year or so? 2018/09/19 21:56:04 (permalink)
    Sometimes getting faulty hardware I understand. Having to RMA 5 cards though? How is that remotely normal? That's completely egregious and EVGAs constantly lack of attentitive responses in either customer service or the RMA department is ridiculous. 

I don't crypto mine. I don't overclock beyond the normal boost and whatever the FTW series has (which is funny b/c the last support rep said to underclock the card - which i already did - effectively negating the stock OC EVGA does and making the premium for it worthless). This is legit lemon territory. No graphics card mfg has ever been this faulty in my life.

At least they've made it easy for me to never buy another EVGA product and to warn off others who would otherwise do it. Maybe I can help a few people avoid the show I've been through and get a proper manufacturer who won't keep sending out faulty cards.

This'll be my last reply since EVGA is resolute in being as unhelpful as possible. If you see this, be wary of your graphics cards. I'd truly recommend buying from somewhere else. EVGA used to command a premium due to their stellar customer support and great warranties.

That's no longer the case. They'll make you go through detailed diagnosis and troubleshooting even when you present a detailed report to them to drag out the process and then will just send you a refurbished card that has the same issue. Learn from my mistake.
    post edited by Sajin - 2018/09/19 23:48:25
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Did EVGA change their lifetime warranty this past year or so? 2018/09/20 17:43:59 (permalink)
    Hello,

We apologize for the frustration but outside of the 500 series cards, we ended the lifetime warranty policy and the 900 series never had one. If you want to provide me the information on the units via email I can follow up with you to see if there is anything we can do. Please expect a PM shortly. 
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Did EVGA change their lifetime warranty this past year or so? 2018/09/20 18:22:50 (permalink)
    I have sent you a direct email to the one on file. If possible, please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile