EVGA

'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message

Author
John.usn2012
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/12 19:11:30 (permalink)
Hello all!, I recently installed my first CLC, I however want to control the fans without having to boot up bios all the time... I have contacted support on this and our efforts were ineffective. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling even swapping the USB ports on my mother boards to no avail. The USB port function fine I verified this by plugging the USB from the front panel connection into both slots in my motherboard one after the other during installation. I have also searched up videos on youtube about unplugging and plugging the USB back into the cooler block itself. If anyone has any other solutions to this please let me know! I would like to make things a little bit more convenient :(

17 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/12 19:14:42 (permalink)
    post released from the filter

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/12 19:16:38 (permalink)
    John.usn2012
    I however want to control the fans without having to boot up bios all the time...                                                                                                                                       

What ?  MB BIOS ?

FAQs

How Do I Troubleshoot Issues with Flow Control For My CLC Cooler?
    Can I disconnect the USB Cable to a CLC Cooler after changing settings?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

John.usn2012
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/12 19:23:33 (permalink)
    Yes the motherboard BIOs I'm sorry! - this is my first gaming desktop I've put together by myself! 
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/12 19:31:05 (permalink)
    I think Cool means what motherboard do you have and what's the motherboard BIOS version?

Also, what OS (Win10/Win8/Win7) do you run?

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/12 19:34:51 (permalink)
    John.usn2012
    Yes the motherboard BIOs I'm sorry! - this is my first gaming desktop I've put together by myself! 

No Worries ... nothing to be sorry about

I just was looking for some clarity

How Do I Troubleshoot Issues with Flow Control For My CLC Cooler?

The FAQ above tells you How you MUST set the fan header in your MB BIOS for it to work  NOT adaptive or PWM
    (excerpt)

First, make sure that the pump cable is secured to either the CPU or AIO fan header on your motherboard. You will also want to make sure that the respective fan header is set to 100% or MAX power. Many motherboards have an "Adaptive" setting as default. If the header is set to anything other than 100% or MAX power then there is a good chance that the CLC cooler will not have enough power to function properly. The majority of CLC issues can be resolved simply by checking the fan header power setting.

Second, ensure that the USB cable is secured to the pump and a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard

(excerpt2)
    Finally, if you are still having issues with the Flow Control software you may need to perform the following:

1) Uninstall Flow Control and any other EVGA software if installed
    2) Delete only the "EVGA" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)"
    3) Reboot the system.
    4) Ensure that the Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable is installed from the link here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
    5) Reinstall Flow Control

John.usn2012
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/13 18:57:47 (permalink)
    bob16314
    I think Cool means what motherboard do you have and what's the motherboard BIOS version?

Also, what OS (Win10/Win8/Win7) do you run?

I don't know what Bios version i have, However i have a Z390 AORUS Pro-wifi, I also have windows 10 operating system 64 bit

John.usn2012
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/13 19:02:53 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    John.usn2012

No Worries ... nothing to be sorry about

I just was looking for some clarity

The FAQ above tells you How you MUST set the fan header in your MB BIOS for it to work  NOT adaptive or PWM
    (excerpt)

First, make sure that the pump cable is secured to either the CPU or AIO fan header on your motherboard. You will also want to make sure that the respective fan header is set to 100% or MAX power. Many motherboards have an "Adaptive" setting as default. If the header is set to anything other than 100% or MAX power then there is a good chance that the CLC cooler will not have enough power to function properly. The majority of CLC issues can be resolved simply by checking the fan header power setting.

Second, ensure that the USB cable is secured to the pump and a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard

(excerpt2)
    Finally, if you are still having issues with the Flow Control software you may need to perform the following:

1) Uninstall Flow Control and any other EVGA software if installed
    2) Delete only the "EVGA" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)"
    3) Reboot the system.
    4) Ensure that the Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable is installed from the link here:
    5) Reinstall Flow Control

I have ensured that the USB port is connected to the USB port on my motherboard as well as the USB port on the CLC block as well, I also attempted to delete the EVGA folder from the C:\program files (x86) and it says that is is open in another program but i have all EVGA programs uninstalled at this time, I do have Visual C++ runtime installed I was able to download that :/
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/13 21:47:55 (permalink)
    You'll find the BIOS Version in the System tab of BIOS..Version F12e is latest for your mobo as of now..You'll also find the latest drivers and software on the support page too.

You connect the CLC pump to either the SYS_FAN5_PUMP or the SYS_FAN6_PUMP headers on your mobo..You can also connect it to the CPU_FAN header..If your board fails to boot because no CPU_FAN is detected, you'll have to set that header to Disabled or Ignore in the Smart Fan 5 Settings.

Setting Fan/Pump Control to Voltage Mode is recommended for a 3-pin fan/pump and PWM Mode is recommended for a 4-pin fan/pump..You set that in the BIOS -> Miscellaneous Settings -> Smart Fan 5 Settings..And set them to 100% like Cool said.

You might want to disable Fast Boot for now in the BIOS -> Boot section..Fast Boot skips detection of some devices at boot up, for faster boot times.

Always close out/disable all running programs/apps (APP Center, Easy Tune, etc.) in the Task Bar and Sytem Tray before installing the Flow Control software, or any other software for that matter..Interference can occur.

I see there's something called USB Blocker in the APP Center..Need to be sure that isn't blocking the pump from being controlled.

Just a few more things here, and I think the Flow Control software is kinda borked anyway.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

EHBEHB
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/05/18 05:43:54 (permalink)
    I had this problem and temporarily solved it by going into windows Device Manager and disabling the “CPUWB” and reenabling it. It’s completely given up now though so I’m sending the card back as an RMA. I don’t know if it’s a symptom of a future problem.
    The EVGA RMA process is terrible though. So bad I don’t think I’ll ever by an EVGA product again.
    brazil
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/06/01 01:33:14 (permalink)
    Same problem "device not found". but device Asetek CCVI is work normal
    evga clc 360 (fan_cpu ), mobo evga X299 Dark bios v.1.23
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/06/01 02:52:19 (permalink)

brazil
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/06/01 03:38:32 (permalink)
    Thx
    Miconsult
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/06/01 11:18:32 (permalink)
    I just bought a CL280 running the version 2.09 Flow Control on a Windows 10 system. CPU: Ryzen 2700X on an ASUS Crosshair Hero VII WiFi mobo running BIOS ver. 3004 and I am consistently getting anywhere from 90-110C temps in the Flow Control software. I have uninstalled, deleted the folder and re-installed the software. Same thing. The AIO block header is plugged into the AIO header on the motherboard. HWMonitor, Ryzen Master, and the ASUS motherboard software all state 30-32C for my temps at idle. I'd also like to mention that Flow Control says that the coolant temp is 30-32C.  I dare not link my fans to the CPU temp in Flow Control as I then get a rocket ship taking off from the fans that isn't needed nor desired. What gives EVGA? How does Flow Control get the CPU temp so wrong when all others have it right?

EDIT: I added some captures that were not taken at idle, however the point is that Flow Control is getting it all wrong. 
    post edited by Miconsult - 2020/06/01 12:07:08

Attached Image(s)

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/06/01 11:25:13 (permalink)
    Welcome..Good luck.

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/06/01 11:57:56 (permalink)
    Miconsult
    How does Flow Control get the CPU temp so wrong when all others have it right?

Install the latest chipset driver if you have not already which might possibly fix it..Click "Update now" to run the Microsoft Update Assistant to be sure you have the latest version of Windows..Other than that, hmmm.

Miconsult
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/06/01 12:05:18 (permalink)
    I believe I have the latest installed. My motherboard app is pretty good about flagging updates and letting me know about them. However, I'll check that out.
    Miconsult
    Re: 'Device not found" CLC Flow controller message 2020/06/01 12:37:59 (permalink)
    There was a chipset update which I installed. Windows OS Build is 19041.264 and running a check for updates returned the usual monthly malicious software removal tool and nothing else. After a reboot from the chipset update, no joy. I'm still in the 90-110C CPU temp range with the coolant temp at 31-33C. I am extremely disappointed in this. From what I have read other places, apparently I am not alone in this. I read/watched a lot of reviews (none of which mentioned Flow Control) regarding this cooler which went a long way to my decision to buy it. I still think it's a good AIO, the software on the other hand...leaves a little something to be desired. How it gets the CPU temp so wrong when everything other application has it right is baffling. I think I will uninstall Flow Control, connect the two fans for the radiator to my MB CPU headers and let my MB handle things. A special thank you to bob16314 for the efforts on my behalf, I appreciate them.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile