Delaying Tactics by your Support

Author
Diab2004
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/13 06:50:29 (permalink)
Hello to anyone,

i write here so other users or potential buyers may be warned.

You replaced my 980 GTX under warranty with a 1080 GTX which made me more than happy at the time. What I did not know was ,that it was not replaced with a new Card, but with a refurbished Card.
This card lastet barely over a year, which gives you the right to not replace it again. I was always happy with EVGA cards, I used them in all PCs I owned. But with this move it will be the last Card I bought.

TLDR; EVGA replacements arent new, they are refurbished and do not last. This is a total Scam. Do not buy them !

21 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 06:55:35 (permalink)
    the warranty terms will follow the original card to any replacement card.....  what time frame of warranty did the 980 have ?

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Diab2004
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 07:00:35 (permalink)
    Replacement Warranties must last a year. The initial warranty is over, but replacing a faulty Product with a USED Product that does not last is a rip-off !
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 07:00:50 (permalink)
    Are you in the USA or another country?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Diab2004
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 07:05:50 (permalink)
    Germany
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 07:29:12 (permalink)
    Diab2004
    Replacement Warranties must last a year.

No, they only last the length of the original card's warranty.

Think of it this way: if your original card failed after the warranty, you would be in the same position. You would have a broken card with no warranty. Nothing changed, except that you got to use an upgraded card for part of the warranty period.
    Replacing a faulty Product with a USED Product that does not last is a rip-off !

There is no way EVGA could have known that the refurbished card would not last. Just like you didn't know that it would not last.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 07:31:14 (permalink)
    Diab2004
    Hello to anyone,

i write here so other users or potential buyers may be warned.

You replaced my 980 GTX under warranty with a 1080 GTX which made me more than happy at the time. What I did not know was ,that it was not replaced with a new Card, but with a refurbished Card.
    This card lastet barely over a year, which gives you the right to not replace it again. I was always happy with EVGA cards, I used them in all PCs I owned. But with this move it will be the last Card I bought.

TLDR; EVGA replacements arent new, they are refurbished and do not last. This is a total Scam. Do not buy them !

Why would potential buyers need to be warned to read the Warranty? The warranty does not say 'we will give you a new product until the end of time'. It says we will honor the warranty as written, which they are.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Diab2004
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 07:36:19 (permalink)
    Sweettalk it all you want, replacing a product that did not last, with one that lasts only until you are not responsible anymore is a straight rip off. Its a cheap scam tactic and people should know that.
    castrator86
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 816
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 08:08:48 (permalink)
    It's not a rip-off. It's standard policy. They gave you an upgrade because they didn't have the old card in stock anymore. Almost all warranty replacements that are prior-gen cards are going to be refurbished. This sounds like your first time ever RMAing a part.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 08:30:18 (permalink)

Sorry you experienced the loss of yet a second GPU in your PC --> (in 3 years ? - length of standard warranty)

Or did you have the optional EVGA Extended Warranty for 5yr or 10yr ?

---> What are the --->  "Delaying Tactics by your Support" ---> that you mention in your Title ?

If you have any questions please contact EVGA Support directly or Read the Published Terms that EVGA has on the Web

This is a User to User Support Forum - Only EVGA can offer solutions that are Above or Beyond their Warranty Terms

https://www.evga.com/support/suggestions.asp

EU
    https://eu.evga.com/support/

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Diab2004
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 08:31:04 (permalink)
    Have dealt with plenty replacements. That its a standart policy doesnt mean its not a rip-off. A Graphics card lasting only till the waranty ends is sad already. Replacing something you messed up with something that does not last is a cheap move. If you dont manage to deliver a product that lasts the time it has to you should replace it with a new one not another ****ty one. Its sad to what companies have become. My first evga card worked way longer than it was usefull, my gameboy still works today. New electronics dont even make it over the warranty time and people defend the companies for it. This was my last reply, I just wanted this to be on here so people can think about buying trash from this company. They used to be good, thats why i was loyal to them, now they arent so im gone. And i know they dont care but maybe some people will.

The delaying tactic is the whole process, replacing something faulty with something thats not new and wont last any longer than to the point where you dont have to care about it anymore.
    post edited by Diab2004 - 2019/08/13 09:22:54
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 10:52:16 (permalink)
    Diab2004
    Have dealt with plenty replacements. That its a standart policy doesnt mean its not a rip-off. A Graphics card lasting only till the waranty ends is sad already. Replacing something you messed up with something that does not last is a cheap move. If you dont manage to deliver a product that lasts the time it has to you should replace it with a new one not another ****ty one. Its sad to what companies have become. My first evga card worked way longer than it was usefull, my gameboy still works today. New electronics dont even make it over the warranty time and people defend the companies for it. This was my last reply, I just wanted this to be on here so people can think about buying trash from this company. They used to be good, thats why i was loyal to them, now they arent so im gone. And i know they dont care but maybe some people will.

The delaying tactic is the whole process, replacing something faulty with something thats not new and wont last any longer than to the point where you dont have to care about it anymore.

So, what you're saying is that  you wanted your 3 year old used card, replaced with a brand new card. ? That does not sound reasonable. They gave you a BETTER performing card that more or less EXTENDED your useful life of the product past your original warranty. Look, I am sorry the GPU did not last a decade. You didn't win the warranty lottery this time. But to trash a company because you did not 'come out far enough ahead' seems in very poor taste.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 11:09:45 (permalink)
    It's sad that it broke down outside of warranty but to claim a company would make it to break down out of warranty is hardly likely. The cost savings for lesser quality parts that would last just over a year would be very little while it would take a lot of engineering to make sure it lasts just long enough to avoid failing early. Its a sad thing that happens some cards die while others can last a decade or more.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Diab2004
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 11:52:42 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Diab2004

So, what you're saying is that  you wanted your 3 year old used card, replaced with a brand new card. ? That does not sound reasonable. They gave you a BETTER performing card that more or less EXTENDED your useful life of the product past your original warranty. Look, I am sorry the GPU did not last a decade. You didn't win the warranty lottery this time. But to trash a company because you did not 'come out far enough ahead' seems in very poor taste.

First of all not 3 years old, 2nd yes I do expect you too replace something that you messed up with a proper replacement. Thirdly you dont develop stuff to break down but you push the limit on cost savings by using parts as cheap as possible even undersizing them to save costs and force users to buy new stuff, its called planned obsolescence. You make money because users have to buy new parts and you save money not on a single part but on the bulk. You dont have to develop anything, its already done. Its a part not meant to be used, and instead of oversizing it a little you rather go on the lower side. But keep defending a multi billion dollar company for your 5% savings code ...
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 11:56:04 (permalink)
    Diab2004
    But keep defending a multi billion dollar company for your 5% savings code ...

"multi billion dollar company" Wow! I did not know that EVGA was a Multi Billion Dollar Company.
    NVIDIA Yes, maybe you need to review this.

NVIDIA Revenue
    US$9.714 billion (2017) Operating income 
    US$3.210 billion (2017) Net income
    US$3.047 billion (2017) Total assets
    US$11.241 billion (2017) Total equity
    US$7.471 billion (2017)

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/08/13 12:12:34

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

NeoCrisis
    • Total Posts : 63
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 14:21:22 (permalink)
    Diab2004

Thirdly you dont develop stuff to break down but you push the limit on cost savings by using parts as cheap as possible even undersizing them to save costs and force users to buy new stuff, its called planned obsolescence. You make money because users have to buy new parts and you save money not on a single part but on the bulk. 

So how do you explain others that still have working GTX 900, 700, 600, 500 etc etc 
    Diab2004
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 15:10:06 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    Diab2004
    But keep defending a multi billion dollar company for your 5% savings code ...

"multi billion dollar company" Wow! I did not know that EVGA was a Multi Billion Dollar Company.
    NVIDIA Yes, maybe you need to review this.

NVIDIA Revenue
     US$9.714 billion (2017) Operating income 
     US$3.210 billion (2017) Net income
     US$3.047 billion (2017) Total assets
     US$11.241 billion (2017) Total equity
     US$7.471 billion (2017)

Sorry on that assumption, I admit I was wrong, its a multi million dollar company. But ignore the rest.

NeoCrisis
    Diab2004

Thirdly you dont develop stuff to break down but you push the limit on cost savings by using parts as cheap as possible even undersizing them to save costs and force users to buy new stuff, its called planned obsolescence. You make money because users have to buy new parts and you save money not on a single part but on the bulk. 

So how do you explain others that still have working GTX 900, 700, 600, 500 etc etc 

The rate of failure in electronics went up, look it up. If you dont believe in it you are literally brainwashed. Sometimes it lasts, but more than often it does not. In the past electronics were calculated and then you would put a safety margin on top. Your 20 year old refrigerator still works, your new one will most likely break down. Too save costs and maximise winnings electronics are built with the minimum working parts.

Well goodbye. EVGA has become a rip off company like the rest. On this no compromise, or nothing. They could have offered me a little discount. They could have offered me to maybe buy one of their refurbished cards. They could have offered me to send it in to have it checked. They could have offered to let me speak to a technician or something to help me troubleshoot it. No nothing. It was straight... you are out of warranty. They treat their customers badly and I want ppl to know it. Dont buy their stuff! Thats all I can do as a single person that maybe makes them care.
    post edited by Sajin - 2019/08/13 15:58:18
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 16:08:02 (permalink)
    NeoCrisis
    Diab2004

I got 2 8800 GTS 320's, that im the original owner of, that run tip top! You treat your equipment well and understand what your dealing with and it WILL last. Im still using the rig in my sig and it runs just as good as when I built it, lol. I cant be hitting the lottery every time I but a part, its statistically impossible.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Diab2004
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 16:19:44 (permalink)
    wmmills
    NeoCrisis
    Diab2004

I got 2 8800 GTS 320's, that im the original owner of, that run tip top! You treat your equipment well and understand what your dealing with and it WILL last. Im still using the rig in my sig and it runs just as good as when I built it, lol. I cant be hitting the lottery every time I but a part, its statistically impossible.

Proving my point that hardware back in the day was constructed better and new hardware is built cheaply or even with planned obsolence in mind. And I love my computer and treat it like a baby. Thanks =)
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 19:29:17 (permalink)
    Diab2004
    And I love my computer and treat it like a baby. Thanks =)

Then you should be buying your Computer a New Graphics Card every 3 or 4 Years, that is Love.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 19:47:35 (permalink)
    I agree that the newer EVGA cards definitely are trending shorter life span compared to their products years and years ago.  I guess it makes sense that after their warranty changed from a default life time warranty to a default 3 year warranty, engineers had additional product choices and cost cutting measures available to them.  It would be impossible for me to predict at the time, but looking back, it appears that many 900 series card started failing right after their warranty period expired.  Compared to the 900 series, the 1000 series hasn't seen such a high failure rate right after warranty, but maybe we haven't hit that trend line yet.

Like I said, it would have been impossible for me to predict that 900 series cards would fail in such mass withing a year after the warranty expired, and I would argue that most EVGA employees would similarly not predict such a thing; maybe only upper management and engineers.  So, again, I don't think that EVGA purposely sent you this refurbished piece of junk that they knew would fail.

But, again, I really don't know what you are complaining about.  You owned a video card, you got it replaced for a better model, and now it has failed after the warranty expired.  That is really all that you can expect.  No one should have higher expectations.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/08/13 19:55:25

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Delaying Tactics by your Support 2019/08/13 20:20:15 (permalink)
    Diab2004
    HeavyHemi
    Diab2004

First of all not 3 years old, 2nd yes I do expect you too replace something that you messed up with a proper replacement. Thirdly you dont develop stuff to break down but you push the limit on cost savings by using parts as cheap as possible even undersizing them to save costs and force users to buy new stuff, its called planned obsolescence. You make money because users have to buy new parts and you save money not on a single part but on the bulk. You dont have to develop anything, its already done. Its a part not meant to be used, and instead of oversizing it a little you rather go on the lower side. But keep defending a multi billion dollar company for your 5% savings code ...

You did get a proper replacement, your opinions notwithstanding. There's a lot of 'facts' being tossed about in this thread with no underlying evidence besides  "I am angry I did not get more from the warranty'. If anyone has factual data regarding actual failure rates, I'm more than willing to listen. There's zipppo on the net of some HUGE increase in failure rate...so...maybe it's a conspiracy to hide the data. I've probably been around longer than most. I've had two 8800's fail, my nephew had one fail, I had two GTX 470's fail. I've two TITAN SC's my Nephew uses daily 24/7...he never turns the PC off, and a 980 TI that works perfect. 1080 TI is solid. All that means squat, in as far a demonstrating a trend. Lets please have, fact base argument.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile