Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Bee666
  • Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
2018/10/09 04:56:27 (permalink)
Hello everyone,

Today I bring an update to a build that I completed in mid-2017 using the Fractal Node 202 HTPC Case. 

The original intention of the 2017 build was to assemble a custom water cooling loop inside the small form factor case. Although it was a success in cooling the core i3-6100 using a 92mm radiator and a short single slot GTX 1050, I wanted to take up the challenge of mounting a full custom loop cooling both a high core count CPU and full length Flagship GPU inside the Node 202. 

Hence Project DeeBee Xtreme aims to address the above challenge, a full blown water cooled and feature rich PC inside the small form factor Node 202 case.

Link to PCPP Page (Currently featured 11.10.18) - https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/xmJ8TW

Here is a shot of the old build from 2017.

Part 1 - Components

The initial planning of this new project involved selecting the appropriate components.
For the motherboard, I decided to go with the ASUS B350i AM4 Mini-Itx motherboard. This motherboard contains 2 RGB Headers (Digital + 12V), 2 M.2 SSD slots, temperature sensor, 6 rear USB 3.0 Ports, LAN, Wireless and is aesthetically pleasing. For Storage, we are going with a simple 250GB M.2 Samsung 860 EVO.

As I need all the space possible, having all the above features meant the PC will be both compact and feature rich with plenty of functionality.  

The CPU used in this case is the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X. With 6 Cores of processing power, this CPU is both powerful, yet efficient enough in regards to heat and power consumption. Cooling it is the EKWB Supremacy EVO in acetal black.

The challenge would not be a challenge if it cannot fit a water cooled full sized flagship GPU. So digging in my pile of old hardware, the GPU used in this build will be none other than the Nvidia GTX 980 Ti with the EKWB Titan X acetal water block. As EK's GPU blocks are single slot, it would work perfect in ensuring it fits within the build. Extra additions include a 90 degree rotary terminal to maximise space.

Other components not listed include: 
Corsair SF450 80+ Gold SFX Power Supply
2x4GB of Crucial DDR4 Memory w/ EKWB RAM Monarch Heatsinks.
post edited by Bee666 - 2018/10/10 18:36:02

34 Replies Related Threads

Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/09 05:09:25 (permalink)
    Part 2 - Case Modifications

The old modifications to the case of the Node 202 was tacky and in-efficient when it comes to disassembly and/or maintenance. The Black/Orange colour scheme was also a bit too bright for my tastes. Therefore, I decided to opt for a white/black/green colour scheme and aim to improve the exterior modifications to the case.

I started by tearing apart the old build into its modular parts, followed by taking the plastic shell and sanding, priming followed by spray painting it in a vivid matte white finish. The top grill was also painted matte flat black.

Next up was to cut a brand new window for the shell using 3mm thick clear acrylic. To mount the acrylic panel, I opted to use motherboard standoff screws inside the holes on the plastic shell to act as threads for the Bitspower Green Anodized thumbscrews to lock. This allows the acrylic window to be mounted to the shell and taken off if need be.

After the measurements were checked and the acrylic window edges sanded, the black bordering is then added. This is done by using the protective film as a stencil and spray painting the edges on the opposite side of the acrylic window with matte black paint. This results in a reflective black border appearance similar to the glass windows found on the Phanteks line of cases.

After test fitting the plastic shell back on the Node 202 case, it was looking good and I proceeded to add detailing onto the plastic shell. Detailing involved using Matte Apple Green Vinyl and Satin Black Vinyl and hand cutting right angle triangles to create the patterning effect on the front of the plastic shell. I really liked the triangular pattern in the older 2017 version, but wanted to streamline it, and I think it turned out much better than expected.

For the rear metal panel of the Node 202, instead of using my own 2mm acrylic, I opted to use to stock metal panel. I sanded, primed and spray painted it in vivid matte white and using the same vinyl as above, hand cut and stencilled a logo of the Valkyr WarFrame from the WarFrame game to fill in the blank space.

Finally, a small DeeBee Custom Logo was 3D printed and hand painted in a black/white dual tone effect. This will be attached onto the power supply later on.

Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/09 05:29:52 (permalink)
    Part 3 - Watercooling Loop

To cool both a 6 core CPU and a GTX 980 Ti, I knew the minimum possible radiator size would be 240mm, which in this case is the maximum the Node 202 can fit. To make it work, there was 2 options. Either go with 15mm Noctua NF-A12x15 120mm Fans with a 27mm Slim EKWB 240mm SE Radiator OR 25mm Corsair Maglev 120mm Fans with a Ultra Slim 20mm XSPC TX 240mm Radiator.

I ended up opting for the second option with the Maglevs and 20mm radiator as it gave me clearance to mount the radiator and avoid issues with the front IO ports (As I wanted all the front USB 3.0, front audio to also be functional in this build).

The loop itself consists of 10/13mm EK Duraclear Tubing with 10/13mm Black ACF Fittings also from EK. The pump used is the EK SPC-60 MX. I mounted the pump just underneath the power supply. Two T-block fittings are used for fill and drain. The one near the pump was used to fill the loop, whilst the port near the bottom is for draining the loop in the future.

It was a tight fit with the GPU, however, with adequate amount of rotaries, I was able to mount everything in snugly without any dilemma. There is also still an additional 20-30mm clearance between the GPU and the Radiator Fittings, which meant the newer RTX 2080Ti Waterblocks from EKWB will still fit. An XSPC temperature sensor probe for the liquid is also installed to allow me to monitor the liquid temperatures.

Well everything seemed to have gone pretty smoothly with the built, without any snags. However, I would be lying if I said the build went completely smooth from start to end. Whilst filling the loop for the first time, I did accidently slip in the handling of the fill port tubing that quite a lot of coolant (Mayhem's UV Green Pastel) spilt all over the motherboard area of the build. It was devastating and a nightmare as coolant literally got in every crook and cranny of the case.

I immediately disassembled every piece of the build, and individually dried of every single component in the build. I wiped off all the immediate liquid spots I could see, let everything dry for a day, then took Electronics Grade 99.997% Isopropyl Alcohol and countless hours cleaning the motherboard and other PCB components in the build, followed by 2 days of letting everything to dry again. With fingers crossed none of the components were damaged and the system booted up fine in my quick test run.

After the test, the system was then completely reassembled and second time filling the loop (This time using an actual plug to the fill port), success! the loop was then bled for air/leak tested for a day before assembled into its final form.

Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/09 05:35:23 (permalink)
    Completed Build Photos

And that concludes the build process of DeeBee Xtreme. Overall, I am very satisfied with the upgrades done to the build. The exterior is now much more clean in appearance, and the loop looks much better when it is complete with a full GPU. Here is some initial completed snaps of the build. 

I will get some temperature readings and powered on photos updated here soon once the build is all set up and running.

Thanks for checking out my build log

Any questions, feel free to comment and I will reply when I can.

Cheers!

Mack - DeeBee Custom
    EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/09 06:35:22 (permalink)
    Very nice, Like the white and green. 
    ARIOS-X1
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 208
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/09 07:46:34 (permalink)
    Very Nice Build! I even liked the Orange style as well,  you've done this very professionally!
    Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/09 15:46:54 (permalink)
    EVGATech_GabrielT

Thanks! always wanted To try This colour scheme.
    Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/09 15:48:33 (permalink)
    ARIOS-X1
    Very Nice Build! I even liked the Orange style as well,  you've done this very professionally!

Thank you so much! Glad you Also liked the previous version. The new one has no compromises in terms of functionality now compared to the previous :)
    EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/11 04:39:02 (permalink)
    Bee666
    EVGATech_GabrielT

You're very welcome. It came out very well, Congrats. 
    Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/11 15:37:11 (permalink)
    EVGATech_GabrielT
    Bee666
    EVGATech_GabrielT

You're very welcome. It came out very well, Congrats. 

Thank you for the support :)
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/11 23:00:33 (permalink)
    A great build so thanks for sharing

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/11 23:21:26 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    A great build so thanks for sharing

Thanks Johnson :)
    CpCrunchGamer
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/25 10:29:59 (permalink)
    Awesome Node 202 Build

I have the Exact same Case. with a z270i mobo and a asus strix 1080it OC

I want to do something like your build. ? I will be posting pictures of my node 202 1080 ti current Funky Setup,, but looking forward to upgrading it and making it look bad ass
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/26 23:13:12 (permalink)

Looking great.        

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2018/10/28 01:56:56 (permalink)
    CpCrunchGamer
    Awesome Node 202 Build

I have the Exact same Case. with a z270i mobo and a asus strix 1080it OC

I want to do something like your build. ? I will be posting pictures of my node 202 1080 ti current Funky Setup,, but looking forward to upgrading it and making it look bad ass

Thanks!

Sounds like a plan! looking forward to it =)

XrayMan

Looking great.        

Thanks XrayMan!
    Narcolepsy
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/02 21:24:09 (permalink)
    I started doing my watercooled Node 202 project at about the same time as you started this refresh.  It took me a lot longer to decide on how to do it and which parts to use, so I had the advantage of using some of your ideas to help me.  I'm an OCAU member so I put my log up over there, but I thought I owed it to you to post in here and say thanks for a little inspiration and assistance.

I've only just finished the cooling so I'll also be copying most of how you've done the acrylic window as well.  Thanks for sharing with us all, and thanks for helping me with my build even if you didn't realise you were  :D

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/03 04:48:21 (permalink)
    Narcolepsy
    I started doing my watercooled Node 202 project at about the same time as you started this refresh.  It took me a lot longer to decide on how to do it and which parts to use, so I had the advantage of using some of your ideas to help me.  I'm an OCAU member so I put my log up over there, but I thought I owed it to you to post in here and say thanks for a little inspiration and assistance.

I've only just finished the cooling so I'll also be copying most of how you've done the acrylic window as well.  Thanks for sharing with us all, and thanks for helping me with my build even if you didn't realise you were  :D

Looks very nice but go ahead and start your own thread and your own mods rigs page.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/03 23:00:03 (permalink)
    Narcolepsy

I am glad it has assisted you :) by all means take any ideas that will help. Your build is looking top notch! Love the bends and routing!
    Systom
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 289
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/05 16:56:00 (permalink)
    Very cool, I love seeing compact complex builds.

CPU & GPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / Nvidia RTX 3080 FE (Both EK Water Blocks)
    MB & PSU: ROG Crosshair VIII Formula X570 / EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w
    SSD & RAM: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & Western Digital Black SN850 1TB / G.Skill Trident Z Neo C14 3600MHz 4x8GB (32GB) 
    Case & Fans: Lian Li O11 Dynamic / x9 EK-Vardar X3M
    Rads: Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX 360mm x 54mm / Magicool 360S G2 Ultra 360mm x 45mm

RedAlert19
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/12 08:27:50 (permalink)
    WOW! I'm so excited that I stumbled upon this because it it exactly the solution that I've been looking for, as I am having cooling issues with my new Node 202 build. This looks amazing and I was over here thinking I was about to buy a full watercooling loop and mount the radiator on the outside of the case in a shroud, meaning major case modding and it looking pretty weird.

I have a couple questions, though:
    1) With the modded side panels, are you still able to use the base that came with it for standing in the tower position?
    2) Did you ever get temperature readings for your system? If so, I would really like to know the results!

Tanks again for sharing this, you're doing God's work out here!
    Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/14 01:40:51 (permalink)
    RedAlert19
    WOW! I'm so excited that I stumbled upon this because it it exactly the solution that I've been looking for, as I am having cooling issues with my new Node 202 build. This looks amazing and I was over here thinking I was about to buy a full watercooling loop and mount the radiator on the outside of the case in a shroud, meaning major case modding and it looking pretty weird.

I have a couple questions, though:
    1) With the modded side panels, are you still able to use the base that came with it for standing in the tower position?
    2) Did you ever get temperature readings for your system? If so, I would really like to know the results!

Tanks again for sharing this, you're doing God's work out here!

1) No, the acrylic window protrudes an extra 3mm so the fit is too tight for my comfortability.
    2) Yes, low 30s on CPU/GPU idle, load mid 50s on cpu, low 50s on gpu. Ambient temps around 24-28 degrees.

Any further questions feel free to ask.
    Baratak
    • Total Posts : 72
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/14 09:36:56 (permalink)
    Beautiful and tasteful build, well done and a +1!

solomonshv
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/20 00:41:09 (permalink)
    my Node 202 custom loop build.

-ryzen 2600X @ 4.1 GHz
    -G-skill 3200MHz CL14 RAM, because ryzen is a picky little s**t when it comes to memory. anything other than samsung B-die wouldn't go faster than 2666MHz and performance took a big hit. went through 3 ram kits before shelling out 2x for the fancy RAM. 
    -RTX 2080 (reference board)
    -EK supremacy EVO and Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N waterblocks
    -Tecnofront iTRAP res and Phobya 220 pump
    -XSPC TX240 res and Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM fans
    -assorted fittings/adapter from EK, barrow, bitspower, koolance, phobya, alphacool, swiftech, monsoon and enzotech (at least 2 of each). extras that i had laying around from previous builds. still can't believe how a build this tiny consumed so many damn fittings. 
    -Corsair SF600 PSU... because why bother with anything else. 
    -primochill 3/8 - 5/8 tubing that was on clearance at microcenter, 10 feet for $8!

post edited by solomonshv - 2019/02/20 00:50:49
    Aisthetikos
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/23 07:24:55 (permalink)
    Hello. Amazing build Bee666!  

I am looking to migrate from my old Node 202 to the slim, and really love the watercooling in this build. Can you share the fittings parts list that was used for this build? I was trying to get it from the OG post, but being my first WC build, I'm afraid I may miss a 90 or so 
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/24 08:53:00 (permalink)
    Aisthetikos

I am looking to migrate from my old Node 202 to the slim, and really love the watercooling in this build. Can you share the fittings parts list that was used for this build? I was trying to get it from the OG post, but being my first WC build, I'm afraid I may miss a 90 or so 

I sent him a PM asking him to reply to you. Keep in mind he's in Australia.

Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/25 00:38:51 (permalink)
    Baratak
    Beautiful and tasteful build, well done and a +1!

Thanks Baratak!

solomonshv

-ryzen 2600X @ 4.1 GHz
    -G-skill 3200MHz CL14 RAM, because ryzen is a picky little s**t when it comes to memory. anything other than samsung B-die wouldn't go faster than 2666MHz and performance took a big hit. went through 3 ram kits before shelling out 2x for the fancy RAM. 
    -assorted fittings/adapter from EK, barrow, bitspower, koolance, phobya, alphacool, swiftech, monsoon and enzotech (at least 2 of each). extras that i had laying around from previous builds. still can't believe how a build this tiny consumed so many damn fittings. 
    -primochill 3/8 - 5/8 tubing that was on clearance at microcenter, 10 feet for $8!

Looks Sick! Nice build
    Bee666
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/02/25 00:46:12 (permalink)
    Aisthetikos

Hi Aisthetikos.

Of by heart I believe these are the following fittings (Although I may be missing a few so always purchase a few extra just incase)

14x EK ACF 10/13mm
    1x EK T-Block 3 Way
    1x EK X-Block 4 Way
    14x EK ACF 90 Degree Rotary Fitting
    2x EK 90 Degree Elbow Fitting
    1x EK GPU Terminal 90 Degree Rotary
    1x EK Rotary Extenders M-M
    2x EK Extenders F-F
    1x EK Extenders M-F
    1x XSPC Temperature Probe Fitting
    2x EK Stop Plug Fitting

However, I would probably add a few more extra EK ACF or 90 degree or Extenders just incase as I can't remember precisely how much of each fitting (I just kept grabbing fittings out of my box when I needed them whilst building this haha)

Any further questions let me know =)

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/03/01 03:42:29 (permalink)
    Bee666
    Aisthetikos

Hi Aisthetikos.

Of by heart I believe these are the following fittings (Although I may be missing a few so always purchase a few extra just incase)

14x EK ACF 10/13mm
    1x EK T-Block 3 Way
    1x EK X-Block 4 Way
    14x EK ACF 90 Degree Rotary Fitting
    2x EK 90 Degree Elbow Fitting
    1x EK GPU Terminal 90 Degree Rotary
    1x EK Rotary Extenders M-M
    2x EK Extenders F-F
    1x EK Extenders M-F
    1x XSPC Temperature Probe Fitting
    2x EK Stop Plug Fitting

However, I would probably add a few more extra EK ACF or 90 degree or Extenders just incase as I can't remember precisely how much of each fitting (I just kept grabbing fittings out of my box when I needed them whilst building this haha)

Any further questions let me know =)

Thanks for the info

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2019/03/08 06:50:17 (permalink)
    That is "Tight" 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

tbchan3
    Re: DeeBee Xtreme - Fractal Node 202 Full CPU & GPU Watercooled 2020/01/23 18:46:20 (permalink)
    solomonshv

-ryzen 2600X @ 4.1 GHz

Do you mind to take more photos? I have similar components and am trying to figure out what watercooling equipment to buy. I'm unsure if an EK Vector + XSPC TX 240mm Radiator + ML 120mm fans would be able to fit. I'm also unsure if I have enough clearance on the side(width) to be able to close the case.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile