EVGA

Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!!

Author
CobraCommand
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2022/09/16 12:52:25 (permalink)
Hi all,

Bad news some may know this or not but EVGA will NOT make RTX 4000 series GPU's source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9QES-FUAM

I am a bit sad was really exited for a new RTX 4080 from EVGA since my first real game rig i used exclusively EVGA cards like my first one GTX 260.
Their motherboards are great as well and their PSU's.

Other brands will not honor your warranty when you custom watercool your GPU!
To NVIDIA you are a scum company releasing two versions of the RTX 4080 ie one 12gb and a 16gb version 12gb version doesn't even use the same pcb (AD103) as the 16gb...it should be named 4070 TI money grab huh?

I hope EVGA won't go as a GPU maker and many will agree with me MOST people KNOW you make the best gpu's around with the best customer support this is why i always went with EVGA products!

I also commend you for putting out a stance against NVIDIA! For the scummy tactics they use against their partners obviously you had it with NVIDIA.
I hope you keep making excellent motherboards and PSU's AND hopefully you still come back as a GPU maker.
post edited by CobraCommand - 2022/09/16 12:56:25

26 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/16 13:11:14 (permalink)
    Right to repair, in the US at least, will protect you putting a waterblock on your GPU.  Don't tell the manufacturer you installed a waterblock, just tell them your card was overheating and you tried to service the thermal paste, and it didn't work.  As long as you return it to stock, there is nothing they can do. You control the narrative, EVGA just listened because they actually liked their customers.
    flomax
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/16 15:04:04 (permalink)
    This is very sad to here I have been buying evga cards for 15years and never used another company.

gow_fan
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/16 15:19:10 (permalink)
    F. Disappointing. Love my EVGA cards.
    JustinOhio
    • Total Posts : 30
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/17 03:15:14 (permalink)
    Wow, this is horrible news. I just did a brand new build a week ago, 3080 ftw3 ultra...  I *almost* went AMD with this build just to try something different for once and now I kind of wish I did.  I have no idea what this means for the longevity of this card..or if it will even hold any value now.  I was hoping for a step-up even, can't do that now.
    William
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/17 13:24:04 (permalink)
    So EVGA is basically dead as a company.
    CobraCommand
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/17 13:54:19 (permalink)
    Yeah sad to see them go as a GPU maker.
    There might still be hope...you never know how things can go and i think MANY people world wide stand behind EVGA gpu's!

This is my second pc that exclusively uses EVGA products: a EVGA X99k-FTW, EVGA 850watt G2 PSU and about time to retire EVGA GTX1070 SC all in all i think its already SEVEN years old without any issue except one minor issue (knocking on wood). My previous game rig also exclusively EVGA but after 7 years it started to reboot by it self numerous times either PSU, or MB or maybe i was a bit lazy to much dust settled in MAY potentially causing issues, i learned my lesson now i clean every 2 weeks my whole pc inside and outside with a DATAVAC air blower anyway didnt want to fiddle around it was time for an upgrade anyway. But 7 years of heavy gaming is good!

I still hope i get my hands on a LGA1700/1800 EVGA MB and a EVGA PSU. Even if im in EU.

As far as stability and reliability i made a good choice to go with EVGA hardware.
    But now i have to possible look elsewhere NO MSI since they scammed people by using a daughter company to sell their GPU's at much higher prices then MSRP during the crypto era and they actually fess up after lots of bad press.

Its either ASUS or GIGABYTE for gpu's and perhaps their MB's as well.
    I would have gone with INTEL mainstream MB's but they dont make them anymore i know Intel makes rock solid and stable MB's.

Gosh just come back EVGA as a gpu maker! I know i will support you with my money 100% so will many others!

Or:
    Put the resources to make EVEN BETTER motherboards truly geared towards OC AND stability and reliability.
    Make their own architecture of GPU's just like Intel did.

PS: hope the GPU section of your employees still have a place in EVGA. And that the company EVGA won't go as a pc hardware company!
    post edited by CobraCommand - 2022/09/17 14:20:18
    PowerEagle
    • Total Posts : 88
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/17 18:34:19 (permalink)
    EVGA made some good cards over the years. Personally, I won't be upgrading to the 4xxx series; from what I've read, it's not going to be worth it. It's as if Nvidia rushed this out; in any case, people will upgrade but probably not to the extent of the 3xxx series.

I would never buy an Asus or Gigabyte graphics card so that narrows things down alot from what maker to buy from besides Nvidia directly.
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/17 18:47:07 (permalink)
    CobraCommand
    Hi all,

Bad news some may know this or not but EVGA will NOT make RTX 4000 series GPU's source:

I am a bit sad was really exited for a new RTX 4080 from EVGA since my first real game rig i used exclusively EVGA cards like my first one GTX 260.

To NVIDIA you are a scum company releasing two versions of the RTX 4080 ie one 12gb and a 16gb version 12gb version doesn't even use the same pcb (AD103) as the 16gb...it should be named 4070 TI money grab huh?

I hope EVGA won't go as a GPU maker and many will agree with me MOST people KNOW you make the best gpu's around with the best customer support this is why i always went with EVGA products!

I also commend you for putting out a stance against NVIDIA! For the scummy tactics they use against their partners obviously you had it with NVIDIA.
    I hope you keep making excellent motherboards and PSU's AND hopefully you still come back as a GPU maker.

A scum company wouldn’t offer two skus of a flagship gpu and extra choice. I may want or need the power and features of the 4080 just not the 16gb version with an enhanced pcb.

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

pennyboy79
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/18 21:24:23 (permalink)
    Really gutted, have owned many evga cards, 2 GTX 580s, 2 GTX 680s, 2 GTX 780s, 1080, 2080ti & 3090 all evga. 
    Really not sure which brand to go with now, nothing really compares to evga for service and just awesome cards.
    Such a token typical corporate BS response too from nvidia.  
    ASUS is probably a large 2nd for me, and never will I buy a founders edition after the under cutting they have done to evga.

ASUS Maximus XI Hero Z390 MB | i9 9900k CPU | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz DDR4 Ram | CoolerMaster ML360R RGB Cooler | Corsair AX1200i Power Supply | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD | Corsair 900d Case |
    CobraCommand
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/19 13:52:03 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    CobraCommand
    Hi all,

A scum company wouldn’t offer two skus of a flagship gpu and extra choice. I may want or need the power and features of the 4080 just not the 16gb version with an enhanced pcb.

I agree it's always good to have choice especially in regards of power consumption.
    However the scummy comes from USING the "brand" that is the 80's series always has been high end. Sure an 80's TI always would follow.
    This time they offer 2 versions of the 4080 the thing is the 12gb version with lower TDP uses the AD104 pcb same as the RTX4070 and not the AD103 on the 4080 16gb. The 12gb "4080" should be named RTX 4070TI (which they actually wanted to release a 4070 12gb.....) They do this to milk money just because it's called a "4080" hence i call them scum.
    post edited by CobraCommand - 2022/09/19 13:53:17
    pennyboy79
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/19 15:50:02 (permalink)
    CobraCommand
    BF3PRO
    CobraCommand
    Hi all,

I agree it's always good to have choice especially in regards of power consumption.
    However the scummy comes from USING the "brand" that is the 80's series always has been high end. Sure an 80's TI always would follow.
    This time they offer 2 versions of the 4080 the thing is the 12gb version with lower TDP uses the AD104 pcb same as the RTX4070 and not the AD103 on the 4080 16gb. The 12gb "4080" should be named RTX 4070TI (which they actually wanted to release a 4070 12gb.....) They do this to milk money just because it's called a "4080" hence i call them scum.

LOL yep the 4080 12gb is a 4070.  Totally misleading.  I remember the days of ATI, Nvidia, 3Dfx, Power VR.  On top of that so many brands of manufacturers.  Nowadays with just AMD and Nvidia, there is not enough competition to keep them honest.   GPU prices have been going up and up and it looks as though Intel are losing money on their GPU division, so they will likely pull out.
    No more Evga making GPU's... very sad times... Evga was so far ahead of the others in terms of quality and customer service.  I am not looking forward to switching to ASUS or Gigabyte, when I finally upgrade to the 5090. 
    Why can't Nvidia listen to their partners and find common ground? 
    Makes me want to switch to AMD... Its just I am reluctant because I like the GeForce drivers so much.  Ugly but they are easy to navigate and I am use to them.

post edited by pennyboy79 - 2022/09/19 15:51:28

ASUS Maximus XI Hero Z390 MB | i9 9900k CPU | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz DDR4 Ram | CoolerMaster ML360R RGB Cooler | Corsair AX1200i Power Supply | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD | Corsair 900d Case |
    genza111
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/20 04:58:32 (permalink)
    всем добра, это ужасная новость,
    я использую только оборудование EVGA.
    в сегменте видеокарт равнозначной замены FTW серии на рынке нет, зачем это они делают?
    Я ПРОТИВ!!!!! 
    зы: модератор, создайте, пожалуйста тему с голосованием клиентов

post edited by genza111 - 2022/09/20 05:05:30
    lastsamurairick
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2419
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/20 06:34:30 (permalink)
    I have been with EVGA from when I bought my first 260 GPU ohh what great days those were start of friendship that brought me to this point I am still here and will support EVGA still.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
      EVGA Z490 Dark 
      EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
      G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
      EVGA 1000G5
    CobraCommand
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/20 13:19:44 (permalink)
    pennyboy79
    CobraCommand
    BF3PRO
    CobraCommand
    Hi all,

LOL yep the 4080 12gb is a 4070.  Totally misleading.  I remember the days of ATI, Nvidia, 3Dfx, Power VR.  On top of that so many brands of manufacturers.  Nowadays with just AMD and Nvidia, there is not enough competition to keep them honest.   GPU prices have been going up and up and it looks as though Intel are losing money on their GPU division, so they will likely pull out.
    No more Evga making GPU's... very sad times... Evga was so far ahead of the others in terms of quality and customer service.  I am not looking forward to switching to ASUS or Gigabyte, when I finally upgrade to the 5090. 
    Makes me want to switch to AMD... Its just I am reluctant because I like the GeForce drivers so much.  Ugly but they are easy to navigate and I am use to them.

And they ACTUALLY did it!!! SCUM!!
    1200 bucks for a RTX4080 16gb!! Jesus...no amount of justification can help them here just in case people say well you pay for "technological advancements" in that case the jump from an RTX2080 to a RTX3080 wasn't that high when it comes down to MSRP!! This time around they went to far. The 12gb 4080 with 900 bucks should have been the normal price for a RTX4080 16gb! Who is gonna pay that amount?

Well i to contemplating AMD gpu....but to many stories about their drivers crashing not working properly i don't NEED headaches its a hit and run with AMD drivers some have no ISSUES at all while others are pleagued by it. At least with NVIDIA they run more stable then AMD drivers.

Same as the platform for cpu i will go INTEL and not AMD for my game rig i find stability and reliability very important and had no issues with my 2 previous game rigs (all EVGA hardware and INTEL).

Yeah i feel it to man really wanted a EVGA RTX4000 series card this is my third EVGA gpu and none of them gave me issues and all where custom water cooled.
    Don't really feel like getting a Asus or Gigabyte RTX4000 card but whats my choice? You know which brand for GPU's are second when it comes down to quality and warranty? Gosh the more i think about it the more i miss EVGA gpu's...almost nostalgia since 2009....

To EVGA:
    Please re think your decisions please do come back to the GPU market sooner then later its a waste knowing that your brand for GPU stands for something WORLDWIDE every one knows within the GPU market EVGA is king. Thats a feature that Asus and the others only can dream about! You have a HUGE fan base that DO buy your GPU's without any thought just trust. I'm guessing big FINGER to NVIDIA they deserve that finger 100%
    post edited by CobraCommand - 2022/09/20 13:25:49
    cotter32
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 234
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/21 17:42:02 (permalink)
    I see most of the high end video cards on the EVGA web site say "out of stock" .

Too the Moon .

FR3D1
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 127
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/22 04:56:12 (permalink)
    Everything good comes to an end it seems. If the rumors are true, then it's seemed to be a wise decision in line with what the company stands for and other AIBs should be doing the same.
    Best wishes going forward and hope to see the company to have a D2C channel offer to more regions.

codebluetoo
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 421
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/22 08:31:41 (permalink)
    Thanks you EVGA for putting the awesome customer service layer on top of your great NVidia based products.  Not sure where I will go now or if I will jump from the NVidia line of products....

Folding 4 Life 

nekrosoft13
    • Total Posts : 47
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/22 14:43:43 (permalink)
    Thank you EVGA... for years of service...

Sorry to see you go, I predict company will be closing their doors within 5 years... really sad... 
    pennyboy79
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/22 17:20:59 (permalink)
    CobraCommand
    pennyboy79
    CobraCommand
    BF3PRO
    CobraCommand
    Hi all,

1200 bucks for a RTX4080 16gb!! Jesus...no amount of justification can help them here just in case people say well you pay for "technological advancements" in that case the jump from an RTX2080 to a RTX3080 wasn't that high when it comes down to MSRP!! This time around they went to far. The 12gb 4080 with 900 bucks should have been the normal price for a RTX4080 16gb! Who is gonna pay that amount?

Well i to contemplating AMD gpu....but to many stories about their drivers crashing not working properly i don't NEED headaches its a hit and run with AMD drivers some have no ISSUES at all while others are pleagued by it. At least with NVIDIA they run more stable then AMD drivers.

Same as the platform for cpu i will go INTEL and not AMD for my game rig i find stability and reliability very important and had no issues with my 2 previous game rigs (all EVGA hardware and INTEL).

Yeah i feel it to man really wanted a EVGA RTX4000 series card this is my third EVGA gpu and none of them gave me issues and all where custom water cooled.
    Don't really feel like getting a Asus or Gigabyte RTX4000 card but whats my choice? You know which brand for GPU's are second when it comes down to quality and warranty? Gosh the more i think about it the more i miss EVGA gpu's...almost nostalgia since 2009....

To EVGA:
    Please re think your decisions please do come back to the GPU market sooner then later its a waste knowing that your brand for GPU stands for something WORLDWIDE every one knows within the GPU market EVGA is king. Thats a feature that Asus and the others only can dream about! You have a HUGE fan base that DO buy your GPU's without any thought just trust. I'm guessing big FINGER to NVIDIA they deserve that finger 100%

HAHAHA so you heard it from me first guys :).  I called it out for what it is and the internet also now agrees with me!  The 4080 12gb is a scam and is actually a 4070.   That card has only a 192bit memory interface LOL
    EVGA probably knew this as well and said we are out LOL
    The 4090 is what a 4080 should be.  The 4090ti should just be called a 4090.   

Also the AMD drivers are now really good.  I have several friends with AMD GPUs and the drivers are solid.
    post edited by pennyboy79 - 2022/09/22 17:45:09

pennyboy79
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/22 17:23:04 (permalink)
    CobraCommand
    pennyboy79
    CobraCommand
    BF3PRO
    CobraCommand
    Hi all,

To EVGA:

If Nvidia didn't feel guilty about the product line up, they wouldn't bother posting this LOL
    Q: What makes the GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB and 12 GB graphics cards keep the same “4080” name if they have completely different amounts of CUDA cores and are different chips?

Link
    The GeForce RTX 4080 16GB and 12GB naming is similar to the naming of two versions of RTX 3080 that we had last generation, and others before that. There is an RTX 4080 configuration with a 16GB frame buffer, and a different configuration with a 12GB frame buffer. One product name, two configurations.
    The 4080 12GB is an incredible GPU, with performance exceeding our previous generation flagship, the RTX 3090 Ti and 3x the performance of RTX 3080 Ti with support for DLSS 3, so we believe it’s a great 80-class GPU. We know many gamers may want a premium option so the RTX 4080 16GB comes with more memory and even more performance. The two versions will be clearly identified on packaging, product details, and retail so gamers and creators can easily choose the best GPU for themselves.

MvdL79
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 550
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/24 05:29:59 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    ...EVGA just listened because they actually liked their customers.

EVGA went downhill already a few years ago. I stated it will become the next DFI company. I doubt EVGA will exist in a year or two if they will only make PSU's and stuff like that.
    RIP EVGA.

EVGA used to be a great company (I've been a customer since early 2005). But after 2017 it went completely downhill. EVGA doesn't treat customers as customers, but as complete idiots! I used to own over 30 EVGA products (videocards, motherboards, PSU's and so on). Not anymore. #evga #pathetic
    Drefsab
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/24 05:51:43 (permalink)
    Im incredibly gutted that you guys are exiting the gpu market, you were the only brand that I had 100% trust and confidence in. One question I still have a 1080 FTW2 with a 10 year warrenty (purchased in 06/08/2018 so still not even half way into its warranty period). Will this become invalid or will you be retaining stock/hardware for honoring possible warrenties in that time? 

I will stilll remain a customer, I own a evga supernova g2 850, I will be looking to buy a 1200w+ ATX 3.0 psu from you, and if you ever launch an amd motherboard I will be looking to buy them. The only reason I dont already have a motherboard from you already is that I moved away from intel chips.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/24 05:59:05 (permalink)
    Drefsab
    I will stilll remain a customer, I own a evga supernova g2 850, I will be looking to buy a 1200w+ ATX 3.0 psu from you, and if you ever launch an amd motherboard I will be looking to buy them. The only reason I dont already have a motherboard from you already is that I moved away from intel chips.

EVGA currently has AMD X570 motherboards.
    https://www.evga.com/prod...y&chipset=AMD+X570

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Drefsab
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/24 06:22:35 (permalink)
    True but they didnt have one when I bought my current board and my next board will probably be AM5 which EVGA currently have not announced any board supporting, if they release one before I by ryzen 7000 EVGA will be the brand of choice I to look at.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/24 11:00:18 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    CobraCommand
    Hi all,

The 12GB of the 4080 should really have been called the 4070 since it also loses CUDA cores in addition to memory. The 4080 16GB has 9728 CUDA cores while the 4080 12GB has 7680 CUDA cores. That is a difference of 2,048 CUDA cores which would be about 21% less on the 12GB than the 16GB. It will be interesting to see what that does for game performance but it's possible that the 16GB could be 21% faster.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

garybechtold
    • Total Posts : 51
    Re: Dear EVGA thank you for the great GPU's you provided it's a LOSS to see you go!!! 2022/09/27 13:49:39 (permalink)
    I'm disappointed that EVGA will not have 4000 series cards.  Personally I wish they would have Nividia, AMD and Intel cards.  The support has been a reason I have stuck with them.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile