EVGA

DUPLICATE TRANSACTION, FRUSTRATION, LOSS OF MONEY!!! EVGA HK LTD

Author
kenyonadam19851
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/21 03:03:59 (permalink)
Hi everyone, my first post here and I need to speak to someone at EVGA who is going to take this seriously! I am getting nowhere with it. I live in the UK, I got notified about buying a FTW 3 ULTRA 3090. I bought the card off EVGA EU, I am writing here because no matter how many emails I do they do not care! and do not reply! This has been VERY frustrating experience! EVGA is renowned for its customer service and products and to be fair, it's been awful! No one in three days since all this mess happened has bothered to contact me! No one is taking this seriously. I got told this would be sorted yesterday and nothing has happened! 

I bought a an EVGA RTX FTW 3 Ultra and got billed twice for one card. So angry about this I immediately cancelled my order and stopped the shipment. So I am now out of pocket by nearly £3.5k!

So let me recap from the email I sent to EVGA EU:

Hi, we spoke on two occasions today. I have contacted both Paypal and my bank. Paypal kept asking for authorization codes to trace the payments so I went back to my bank as was advised to get a recall. Halifax has said that EVGA has violated consumer trust by taking money out of my bank account on another purchase that does not exist without any warning to me. They can't explain it, Paypal can't explain it and the bank is confused as hell. 

Both are for the sum of £1,713.59 (minus the Paypal balance I used with my card). Both transactions have been deducted out of my bank account and the bank I am with is confused why this has happened. A pending payment for an order that does not exist would have not gone through which Halifax explained to me.

I have let the bank and Paypal know that this must be sorted by Friday and resolved amicably. Failing to do so, I shall report EVGA to a financial ombudsman and trading standards in the United Kingdom. I also have legal aid with a solicitor should I choose to go this way. I will not have a company take money from me for something I did not buy.

All the invoices prove that one FTW 3 Ultra graphics card was purchased. I did not attempt to buy two otherwise this would of been reflected in the invoices and I would of had two shipped and this cannot be possible as it's one per household.

Someone at EVGA has royally screwed up with processing payments. I am very angry at your company for doing this to me. I will not buy EVGA products in the future, the website is also frustrating at times with forms and things not working properly. My bank has proven to me that you, the merchant of the product, EVGA HK LTD have taken more money from me that I did NOT authorize, and my bank understand that this could be seen as fraudulent activity. 

My trust in your company is broken to say the least. I buy EVGA cards every generation and I am glad I cancelled the FTW 3 3090 to save myself anymore problems. Had this not happened, I would of probably still kept the card, but the whole situation has made me very stressed. Now worrying whether I will get my money back or not.

So that is the end of the transcript I emailed recently. EVGA need to take full responsibility for this. You CANNOT buy more than one card in the que system and I got charged twice for the same amount spent! Someone from EVGA USA please sort this out! I don't want to have to go down the legal route but if I have to, I will! EVGA America website says the card is being shipped, EVGA EU confirmed they stopped the shipment from Taiwan. I am being messed about!

I will not upload evidence here, not safe to do with banking and account information. I need a representative to ring me. It's cost me a hell of a lot of money yesterday to keep going back and forth ringing Paypal, my bank, EVGA EU and EVGA USA.

Regards,
Adam

1 Reply Related Threads

ComicBookAssassin
    • Total Posts : 77
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: DUPLICATE TRANSACTION, FRUSTRATION, LOSS OF MONEY!!! EVGA HK LTD 2021/01/21 07:14:03 (permalink)
    You should only need to talk to EVGA EU not USA, how long ago did you order it and do you have confirm that the order was cancelled? PayPal should reverse it as for being charged for the other one unless you cancelled both when you saw the order it’s a bit harder to prove without digging, but if you can show both as cancelled then the bank and PayPal have means to get it back. On another note how come you didn’t use Scan UK 🇬🇧 They had a few when I was looking in December

Motherboard- Asrock 570x Phantom Gaming, Ram- Corsair Vengeance 2X 16Gb @3400Mhz, Cpu- AMD Ryzen 3600x, Power Supply- Evga 850 Platinum, Graphics Card- Evga 3090 FTW3 Ultra V2 Black Lips, WinOS- Samsung M.2 250, Game Storage- Corsair 1TB 4.0 NVME, Additional storage- X3 250GB Samsung SSD’s, Cooling- Noctua D15 Twin Tower, Case- Lian Li Lancool2 with Mesh Kit

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile