DICE Committed to Large Maps in Battlefield V as Tweaking Continues Pre-launch

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102300
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2018/09/17 22:45:29 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/247688/dice-committed-to-large-maps-in-battlefield-v-as-tweaking-continues-pre-launch

With the Battlefield V beta only recently ending, it didn't take long for players to start asking how large the maps will be in this installment of the franchise. An image posted on Twitter by DICE shows the Breakthrough for Hamada map. Giving a rough idea of not only it's overall layout, but scale, thanks to the inserted image showing the player's perspective. Measuring in at 1500 m from the attacker's to the defender's main headquarters, it is certainly larger than the maps in the beta. Furthermore, David Sirland has stated that the majority of the map shown will be available in the game's Conquest mode. While the map is not final, it has been stated that any changes at this point will likely be minor.

So players are going to get maps that are fairly large. Hopefully large enough to please the majority of players. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

6 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: DICE Committed to Large Maps in Battlefield V as Tweaking Continues Pre-launch 2018/09/18 08:31:57 (permalink)
    But the problem still exists with low vehicle count ( probably due to consolitis feature ) ..therefore a majority of players end up having to run on foot anyways....just like in BF1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: DICE Committed to Large Maps in Battlefield V as Tweaking Continues Pre-launch 2018/09/18 14:03:32 (permalink)
    Except that isn't large at all. DICE is in full panic and damage control mode right now, trying to unscrew the intentionally decision they made with the game to go woke and then insult possible consumers when they said no. Pre-order numbers are a disaster, and the game won't be changing much at all before it releasing. DICE just don't work that quickly. The maps in the beta were total garbage and the gameplay followed with it not playing anything like a battlefield rather a mix of call of duty meets building a wall fortnite, while you run over dead enemies to obtain stuff. 

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/09/dice-wants-to-tone-down-battlefield-vs-crazy-customization-and-make-it-more-authentic/68895/

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/06/eas-patrick-soderlund-calls-battlefield-5-critics-uneducated-doesnt-want-them-to-buy-game/61256/

Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: DICE Committed to Large Maps in Battlefield V as Tweaking Continues Pre-launch 2018/09/18 17:53:39 (permalink)
    I'm praying for a miracle here. As BF is about all I have ever really played. Some Wow for a few years Some WarRock but this is starting to look dismal.
    I hope they manage to pull something off like not walking for for five minutes to get anywhere and yet @ least a couple of expansive maps with plenty
    of axle grease an Vulture whine. The sound seems to have fared not much better. Heres to Hoping for them to have a Hail Mary and some kind of saving
    grace :/
    Gat
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: DICE Committed to Large Maps in Battlefield V as Tweaking Continues Pre-launch 2018/09/18 22:52:41 (permalink)
    Nozler
    I'm praying for a miracle here. As BF is about all I have ever really played. Some Wow for a few years Some WarRock but this is starting to look dismal.
    I hope they manage to pull something off like not walking for for five minutes to get anywhere and yet @ least a couple of expansive maps with plenty
    of axle grease an Vulture whine. The sound seems to have fared not much better. Heres to Hoping for them to have a Hail Mary and some kind of saving
    grace :/
    Gat

The best thing that could happen is DICE fails hard and then actually start listening to their consumers instead of insulting them and telling them what they should want. I've never seen a more hostile arrogant game developer in my life. Seriously, they hate their consumers and they aren't shy about saying it. I'm passing on the game. It's an easy choice. World War 3 looks like a better Battlefield franchise than Battlefield any longer.
    ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3429
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: DICE Committed to Large Maps in Battlefield V as Tweaking Continues Pre-launch 2018/09/20 13:46:10 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    ( probably due to consolitis feature )

Ha, ha, I wonder if that is the reason for the server issue as well. What's with that? They just want more control over the servers? and the maps... BF was known for large maps, what are they doing 

Can you imagine if they just came out with a basic skinned over game based on all the same old mechanics and server config. MAYBE, add a little non-game changing tech and graphics to the mix. It would sell like bananas!

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
    Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 267
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: DICE Committed to Large Maps in Battlefield V as Tweaking Continues Pre-launch 2018/09/20 20:36:32 (permalink)
    ILikeBeans
    aka_STEVE_b
    ( probably due to consolitis feature )

Ha, ha, I wonder if that is the reason for the server issue as well. What's with that? They just want more control over the servers? and the maps... BF was known for large maps, what are they doing 

Can you imagine if they just came out with a basic skinned over game based on all the same old mechanics and server config. MAYBE, add a little non-game changing tech and graphics to the mix. It would sell like bananas!

+1

My gaming buddies and I are not going to enable EA’s behavior. We have bid farewell to the Battlefield franchise for good!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile