EVGA

DG-7 control board Fan compatibility (do 12v fans exist?) and motherboard width question.

Author
jmike00
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 162
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/03/04 02:28:36 (permalink)
Evga promotes:
The DG-76 and DG-77 cases feature a control board used to control the lighting for RGB LED fans.

Am I missing something here? I cannot seem to find RGB fans that operate off 12v LEDs.

For motherboard width, I know it's not an EATX case and some of the wider boards are out(x299@10.8"). However looking at the pictures of the case with the Z270 Classified K installed there's a bit of room left and I'm wondering if there's enough there for a board that's 10.3". 

5 Replies Related Threads

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: DG-7 control board Fan compatibility (do 12v fans exist?) and motherboard width questi 2018/04/01 14:18:39 (permalink)
    I'm not sure where you saw this image of a Z270 Classified K motherboard mounted into either of those cases but I can confirm that the DG-76 and 77 only support mITX and ATX form factors (the Z270 classified K is a EATX form factor) 

The RGB controller headers are strictly for RGB LED strips and do not support fans. 
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: DG-7 control board Fan compatibility (do 12v fans exist?) and motherboard width questi 2018/04/21 12:22:16 (permalink)
    jmike00
    Evga promotes:
    The DG-76 and DG-77 cases feature a control board used to control the lighting for RGB LED fans.

Am I missing something here? I cannot seem to find RGB fans that operate off 12v LEDs.

For motherboard width, I know it's not an EATX case and some of the wider boards are out(x299@10.8"). However looking at the pictures of the case with the Z270 Classified K installed there's a bit of room left and I'm wondering if there's enough there for a board that's 10.3". 

it will not support a eatx board, the part right in front of the MB tray area protrudes some preventing them from fitting. the rgb fan part are for fans that have a separate rgb connector from the standard fan connector, all rgb fans are like this since the fan haeder can not control the rgb also.  

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Athian
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 352
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: DG-7 control board Fan compatibility (do 12v fans exist?) and motherboard width questi 2018/04/24 15:44:18 (permalink)
    I have the EVGA Z270 Classified K motherboard and installed it in the DG-75 case. It does fit, the issue that I came across was that the 24 pin connector for the motherboard is semi-blocked. I had to force the 24 pin until the latch cleared the opening. I will take a picture of it tonight and post it here. I personally would not recommend any motherboards bigger than that though.

post edited by Athian - 2018/04/24 23:53:27
    goldwiser88
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: DG-7 control board Fan compatibility (do 12v fans exist?) and motherboard width questi 2018/09/20 20:49:26 (permalink)
    Regarding the fan subject, I've managed to get a Corsair LL120 RGB fan to somewhat work with my DG-76 connected to one of the RGB headers on the case. I bought the fan not knowing if it would work for sure since Corsair states that their RGB lighting effects are only supported with their own controllers (Lighting Node Pro & Commander Pro) w/ software. Sure enough, it works, but with a few caveats. For example, the fan won't light up until I launch the Tuner or Precision XOC software. If shut down my system and turn it back on, the fan will remain off until I launch the software again (kind of annoying). Also, the lighting and syncing in general is kind of wonky/buggy, so it's not perfect.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, just wanted to share my experience on the matter. 
    _JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: DG-7 control board Fan compatibility (do 12v fans exist?) and motherboard width questi 2018/09/21 16:56:47 (permalink)
    goldwiser88
    Regarding the fan subject, I've managed to get a Corsair LL120 RGB fan to somewhat work with my DG-76 connected to one of the RGB headers on the case. I bought the fan not knowing if it would work for sure since Corsair states that their RGB lighting effects are only supported with their own controllers (Lighting Node Pro & Commander Pro) w/ software. Sure enough, it works, but with a few caveats. For example, the fan won't light up until I launch the Tuner or Precision XOC software. If shut down my system and turn it back on, the fan will remain off until I launch the software again (kind of annoying). Also, the lighting and syncing in general is kind of wonky/buggy, so it's not perfect.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, just wanted to share my experience on the matter. 

Thanks for the feedback. We do see mixing and matching between different vendors and while you can get some hardware to work with others as in your case with the corsair fan and our RGB controller, we generally let people know such configurations are not officially supported. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile